Updated thread title

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Dances with Dragons

What year at uni are you starting? and what are you studying?
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: Dances with Dragons

My first year. I got accepted in after my second try with the entrance exams last year, but I were still in the army back then. So starting was pushed to this fall. Not sure if uni is right word to use, but the school titles itself on their website in english "University of applied sciences", so I'll go with uni

The program I'll be taking is called "Film and television educational program" or something like that. First year is general stuff of the area, and after that I'm supposed to specialize. No idea to what to direction yet, but producing, sound&lightning and editing(+visual effects) are the ones I'm currently most interested in.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Dances with Dragons

If you found out that Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter is playing Jeyne Westerling, how would you react?
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: Dances with Dragons

First: Chaplin :zomg Then: indifference. Doesn't really fit my mental image, but doesn't really matter. I wonder howmuch they gonna extend Jeynes role. Not a big role, so I don't care that much.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Dances with Dragons

My first year. I got accepted in after my second try with the entrance exams last year, but I were still in the army back then. So starting was pushed to this fall. Not sure if uni is right word to use, but the school titles itself on their website in english "University of applied sciences", so I'll go with uni

The program I'll be taking is called "Film and television educational program" or something like that. First year is general stuff of the area, and after that I'm supposed to specialize. No idea to what to direction yet, but producing, sound&lightning and editing(+visual effects) are the ones I'm currently most interested in.
Sounds like a good course, though I didn't know you were in the army :zomg You're so cool!!! As to what you want to specialise in, just take it one step at a time and see which modules you're better suited for...:thumbs
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Dances with Dragons

First: Chaplin :zomg Then: indifference. Doesn't really fit my mental image, but doesn't really matter. I wonder howmuch they gonna extend Jeynes role. Not a big role, so I don't care that much.
Hahah, exactly the same here. I was like "omgwtf :zomg wait, that's not exciting." Also, I had pictured Jeyne as blonde and white (don't know if she's described as such, but whatever), not latino-kinda. Don't have a problem with it, just breaks my mental image of her. At least it not as big a blunder as making Xaro black... I mean, how can you miss the fact that the Qartheen are pale? It's like the only way they're described. :oh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Dances with Dragons

They actually aren't specifying which Jeyne she's playing. It could be Westerling or Poole...though the latter doesn't make any more sense than the former, looks-wise. It could even be a non-cannon character for all we know.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Dances with Dragons

Ooooohh :zomg recipes based off the books sounds awesome!
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: Dances with Dragons

Yeah, seen that before. Or not sure it is that one, there is another one too (named The Inn at the Crossroad, I think). Seems a great site, maybe I should try making some of those myself sometime. There was also news that there was a Game of Thrones cook book in making, based on the recipes of one blog.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: I haz Yoshihiro Takahashis autograph! <3

*revive*

Hey! What's up?

So when and where did you meet Yoshihiro Takahashi? Was he cool?
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: I haz Yoshihiro Takahashis autograph! <3

Someone wrote in my thread *gasp*

Hi riki! :hug

I'm cool. Started uni about 3 weeks ago. I've been busy at times, but it also has been lot of fun. Made new friends and contacts, and even learned a little. Not much any film making related yet, but we are getting there. Thursday/Friday spent on a camp/trip thing on Ideation course. We had few workshops, improv and stuff and it was a lot of fun. Feels kinda amusing that was considered studying.

Yoshihiro Takahashi was the guest of honor in Tracon 2011 last weekend. I'm not a huge Ginga fan, but I've watched the anime on VHS when I were a kid and have read the manga when they started publishing in finnish, so I wanted to really see the guy. There was an interview, which was pretty nice. Not too incredibly enlightening, but nice. He seemed a bit shy, but otherwise quite cool old mangaka. Promised to feature a finnish dog in his manga too. He also seemed genuinely suprised and pleased of the finnish Ginga fandom ^^

I were one of the lucky 200 who got a ticket to his signing event. The distributing of those tickets was a bloody mess. Completle fiasco. Worst was that there also were a lot of very young ones in midst of the trampling masses. At first there was a queue. It got rather long. Then a security control guy came to break the line, yelling it isn't THE queue, that the distribution desk doesn't even exist. At that time it was already past the informed time. Obviously the people didn't go away, but the nice queue turned into a mob. Then when they set a table on middle of the mass of people, you can guess what happened. Not very civilized things. And the security guards attitude and ill joking just made the situation worse.

The signing event itself went nicely. There was a very professional security gal, who directed the queue to a reasonable direction and kindly removed those without tickest from it. I met the guy shaked hands and got his autograph on the inner cover of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin vol 1. All in a few seconds.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: I haz Yoshihiro Takahashis autograph! <3

What is Ideation course about? I've never heard of it before.

The autograph session sounds very chaotic. :s I would be annoyed that it was somewhat disorganized. Luckily it seems like everything went okay later on and it seems like you had fun meeting him. :amuse
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: I haz Yoshihiro Takahashis autograph! <3

Ideation is about coming up with ideas. Teamwork, making observations, thinking outside the box, going all zen mode. Teaching as different ways of approaching subjects with different working methods. That is art uni for you :cookiehand
 
Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: I haz Yoshihiro Takahashis autograph! <3

Not all of those, but most. The pics are just flooding from Croatia, so it is hard to keep up. But that is pretty awesome. Last season set photos were a rare treat. Looks good, Dubrovinik seems like a perfect replacement for Malta as King's Landing.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: I haz Yoshihiro Takahashis autograph! <3

Love the sig. You into viking metal? Well, many of Viking metal bands come from Finland :-_-
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: I haz Yoshihiro Takahashis autograph! <3

Love the sig. You into viking metal? Well, many of Viking metal bands come from Finland :-_-
Thanks. It is from Bone, a comic by Jeef Smith (in case you didn't know).

Well, not particulary viking metal, but folk metal in general is pretty cool. Not that I listen much of it, but there are a few bands I like. Like Ensiferum and to lesser extent Turisas and Finntroll.

Oh, and one of my favorites Amorphis has bit of folk metallish elements, and they use the epic poem Kalevala as source for lyrics. But it certainly isn't viking metal.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: I haz Yoshihiro Takahashis autograph! <3

Uste. :zomg


Join us. :shakefist
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: I haz Yoshihiro Takahashis autograph! <3

Uste. :zomg


Join us. :shakefist
The happies? No thank you. As I already said, if I didn't like my current set as much as I do, I would have already made an anti-happy group, with grumpy/depressing/angsty set.
 
Top