Shounen - UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken

world is wide

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [New] UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken

Ken didn't even let the evil Shinmei-ryū user in Negima die. Kuro must be some new kind of monster that can regrow his heart, besides a shinso vampire since he did have a reflection

Lutzinho

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I haven't read Negima. Will I still be able to enjoy this series or is it impossible without the knowledge about the characters/the world/etc?

Schabrak

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Or she's turning everyone into an immortal, it's her... his own fault anyway.

I haven't read Negima. Will I still be able to enjoy this series or is it impossible without the knowledge about the characters/the world/etc?
You wont have any problems, but she was one major side, sometimes even main character of Negima. Looking through a negima wiki may help if you decide to never read it. But much is self-explanatory, since many of the changes happened in the last couple, maybe two, chapters before Akamatsu ended the series.

Last edited:

See Mohn

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

You know, when the cover page of the first chapter of the series shows a character in clear detail, I'm willing to bet they're not dying in their first appearance.
Cliffhanger not sold.
and ten bucks says gender confusion becomes a running gag with said person
to the point of irritation

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

So I read through the four chapters today. It's okay, but it's not Negima-level. I'm not really liking the adult Eva; she's lost the charm she had as a brat (I'm not talking about the loli bit). She looks like either adult-Ayaka or perhaps that female teacher near the beginning of MSN.

NaruHina-X

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

So I read through the four chapters today. It's okay, but it's not Negima-level. I'm not really liking the adult Eva; she's lost the charm she had as a brat (I'm not talking about the loli bit). She looks like either adult-Ayaka or perhaps that female teacher near the beginning of MSN.
I like adult Eva/Yukihime and Touta! i think Touta has more guts than Negi or Keitaro when it comes to peeking into girls bathroom.

http://www.mangareader.net/uq-holder/5

read the chapter to see what i mean.

im not a big fan of Keitaro but don't get me wrong i like negi but sometimes he can be a little wimp when it comes to harem. Touta isnt afraid of stripping Yukihime towel or even hitting her.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I like adult Eva/Yukihime and Touta! i think Touta has more guts than Negi or Keitaro when it comes to peeking into girls bathroom.

http://www.mangareader.net/uq-holder/5

read the chapter to see what i mean.

im not a big fan of Keitaro but don't get me wrong i like negi but sometimes he can be a little wimp when it comes to harem. Touta isnt afraid of stripping Yukihime towel or even hitting her.
True, true.

I was impressed that Ken didn't show off Eva's body in this chapter, but there's always next chapter.

NaruHina-X

Reaction score
Country
United States

True, true.

I was impressed that Ken didn't show off Eva's body in this chapter, but there's always next chapter.
hopefully they will show Yukihime body next chapter, does anyone love Touta even more? I mean he is not like Keitaro when it comes to fear of women hitting you, or not of afraid of peeking or fighting a hot lady. This has become more action than harem but there has been fan service with Yukihime.

---------- Post added September 27, 2013 at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was September 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM ----------

True, true.

Next chapter did show off Eva's body! No trolling

HaiSuShi

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Oh, these characters are looking reeeeally awesome. Glad there is still something to be discovered even after all the things we saw in Negima.

The plot thickens. Can't wait for the next chapter!

jacke12

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

I found the best kind of Immortality in this chapter, setting a save point.

HaiSuShi

Reaction score
Country
Germany

The save point girl is so hnnnnnnnnng:wtf

I'm really surprised (in a positive way) Akamatsu-sensei managed to not make almost all the characters girls :cheez
But who knows how many traps he will manage to sneak into this manga...(looking at you, Kuroumaru) :derp

cearon

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

I was happy to hear Akamatsu-Sensei writing another manga and making it a sequel to Negima as I was 1 of the people who wasnt too hot with the ending there.

After that thou I wasnt so sure where this manga will go with older Eva and Negi's grandson(dont think he is but maybe he took his attitude from Nagi so he is...) as he was too happy-go-lucky. He seemed a modern Luffy with a little more intellect to be honest.... Also as mentioned I am mighty suprised that there was no panty shots every other page....Not to mention only 5th chapter seemed to be Akamatsu flavour with the towel challenge....

till this page I was not so sure how this manga will go or whether it will have any direction other than "Let's go To the Tower". I think with this cahpter things will move to a better direction than I originally thought. I liked the UQs leader he reminds me of Asakura...

Hopefully we can have a more thourough retelling of the events after the Negima without watering down this story since I want these chars. to stand alone.

P.S: I want Pactio to return thou....

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

Kodansha USA will be releasing HQ Holder in English starting spring 2014:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...dly-sins-manga

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I have read the first chapter of this serie, and I read in the news is a prequel of Negima, which I haven't read. I wonder... should I read first Negima or it's also ok to read this first?

cearon

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Kodansha USA will be releasing HQ Holder in English starting spring 2014:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...dly-sins-manga

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I have read the first chapter of this serie, and I read in the news is a prequel of Negima, which I haven't read. I wonder... should I read first Negima or it's also ok to read this first?
so far it seems there is distinct connection but it might get complicated depending what Akamatsu-sensei wants. there will be allusions which might be a little problematic ... thou Negima is a pretty good to read except the ending which sucked big time.... (It started as a classic Akamatsu Harem and evolved to a great action manga.and according to rumour Akamatsu and Kodansha had problems which resulted in a bad ending....)

as for the connections The tower and Yukihime which was a major char. as Evangaline A.K Mcdonald thou her personality is changed so much for now and Ofc. Negi Springfield Touta's supposed grandfather was the MC in Negima. and it is a sequel not prequel....

---------- Post added October 17, 2013 at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was October 12, 2013 at 01:04 AM ----------

This manga will take more chapters to find its proper rythm it seems. We can now say the focus is definetly on Immortality and it's braoder effects (yeah I know the title say it all but....). Akamatsu-sensei is using his standing to make the story evolve slowly and isnt rushing things which isnt always good but he is some1 who can get it together so I am not worried.....too much ( I am Negima traumatized). Last time I said Leader reminds me of Asakura in design but this chapter gave Takamichi feeling with a dash of Kotarou....

Next chapter I expect a good fight that might also be the time Touta get the sword he is seen holding in the 1st chapter center art..... (or he and Kuroumaru will get their asses handed to them and Leader will save them either way it will be good.)

Last thing is I kinda want Kuro to assert himself a little better right now he is no better than a hanger-on.....

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

This manga will take more chapters to find its proper rythm it seems. We can now say the focus is definetly on Immortality and it's braoder effects (yeah I know the title say it all but....). Akamatsu-sensei is using his standing to make the story evolve slowly and isnt rushing things which isnt always good but he is some1 who can get it together so I am not worried.....too much ( I am Negima traumatized). Last time I said Leader reminds me of Asakura in design but this chapter gave Takamichi feeling with a dash of Kotarou....

Next chapter I expect a good fight that might also be the time Touta get the sword he is seen holding in the 1st chapter center art..... (or he and Kuroumaru will get their asses handed to them and Leader will save them either way it will be good.)

Last thing is I kinda want Kuro to assert himself a little better right now he is no better than a hanger-on.....
You're definitely right. Nothing that Ken Akamatsu writes will get cancelled (in fact, it'll always sell), so he does have more time to develop a story and is under less pressure than he might otherwise be.

We're all Negima traumatized.

Well, I was thinking of the Leader as Takamichi/Godel. If he were purely Takamichi, he would've just helped them or something.

We already have Kotarou as the protagonist (plus the Negi "I want to be friends with everyone" thing), so I don't think we need any Kotarou anywhere else in this manga.

If you think about it, Kotarou always talked about being Negi's rival, but he was sort of just a hanger-on for a lot of the manga, so it's not that strange that Kuromarou is essentially playing Kotarou's old role.