Shounen - UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Maybe. I think we'll see Al, because he's like 3000 years old or something.

Iinchou-san should still be alive, it's true, given that she was around in the original future, if I recall correctly, at least.

I'm not really sure how time travel works in this universe. When Negi used that time watch/device with the power of the World Tree, the events of the original timeline appeared to be wiped out and Chao was okay with it. So, I would think that there is no sleeping Asuna, but she might still be around somewhere. I wonder if Konoka's father left Kyoto and became the headmaster, assuming that Gramps died after another 50 years.

I wonder if Negi's "death" in the original timeline was supposed to tell us that he sealed himself and took Asuna's place or something, unless she was sealed as well still (which Iinichou implied)...Although, now he appears to have sealed himself for some other purpose, as Asuna was rescued in the changed timeline.
Which one was al?

From what I gather this is the sort of universe where every event creates an alternate timeline. Anyways, there should be an sleeping asuna because that was never undone. We simply saw asuna return back in time thanks to chao and eva. Events themselves don't get wiped out, they simply create a new timeline. Which is why chao had a device which allowed her to travel between timelines and in time.

Odds are the situations are similar. In other words what happened to negi was inevitable. Now, we know the situation was solved because the manga even went as far as saying that negi did succeed when asuna was still in the future. Even the tomb which asuna finds of negi seems to be similar to the one touta visited (although in a different location).

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Which one was al?

From what I gather this is the sort of universe where every event creates an alternate timeline. Anyways, there should be an sleeping asuna because that was never undone. We simply saw asuna return back in time thanks to chao and eva. Events themselves don't get wiped out, they simply create a new timeline. Which is why chao had a device which allowed her to travel between timelines and in time.

Odds are the situations are similar. In other words what happened to negi was inevitable. Now, we know the situation was solved because the manga even went as far as saying that negi did succeed when asuna was still in the future. Even the tomb which asuna finds of negi seems to be similar to the one touta visited (although in a different location).
Albireo Imma was the guy they found living under Library Island. He used gravity magic, seemingly, focused around Black Hole spells.

Chao traveled back in time, but she didn't change timelines or anything in order to travel back in time. She wanted to change her entire future. When Negi traveled a few hours at a time, the other Negi was still around doing what original Negi had done. However, once Negi returned the future to the original future (the world that would've been without any interference from Chao), that was that. It may be that the world branched off into a parallel world, it's hard to say.

The way I saw it is that Asuna was never sealed essentially, so I don't think that there should be a sleeping Asuna anywhere. Then again, unless Ken tells us, we'll never know one way or the other.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Albireo Imma was the guy they found living under Library Island. He used gravity magic, seemingly, focused around Black Hole spells.

Chao traveled back in time, but she didn't change timelines or anything in order to travel back in time. She wanted to change her entire future. When Negi traveled a few hours at a time, the other Negi was still around doing what original Negi had done. However, once Negi returned the future to the original future (the world that would've been without any interference from Chao), that was that. It may be that the world branched off into a parallel world, it's hard to say.

The way I saw it is that Asuna was never sealed essentially, so I don't think that there should be a sleeping Asuna anywhere. Then again, unless Ken tells us, we'll never know one way or the other.
Ahh ok, I do know who albireo is. "al" didn't click for some reason though. I missed the part about his age though. Is he an immortal? If he is that old then he is probably still around too.

I guess it depends on what timeline they are traveling on. It seems like it is possible to change a timeline but it is also possible to simply branch off. I don't think any of what we saw was ever properly undone though.

Why wouldn't there be a sleeping asuna somewhere? Asuna was not sent to the future, she was put to sleep for 100 years. The asuna that went back was the one that slept for all that time. She was found by chao and eva and sent back. There was never any indication that asuna did not actually sleep for the 130 years.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Ahh ok, I do know who albireo is. "al" didn't click for some reason though. I missed the part about his age though. Is he an immortal? If he is that old then he is probably still around too.

I guess it depends on what timeline they are traveling on. It seems like it is possible to change a timeline but it is also possible to simply branch off. I don't think any of what we saw was ever properly undone though.

Why wouldn't there be a sleeping asuna somewhere? Asuna was not sent to the future, she was put to sleep for 100 years. The asuna that went back was the one that slept for all that time. She was found by chao and eva and sent back. There was never any indication that asuna did not actually sleep for the 130 years.
It was never actually stated how Al's existence or powers worked, except that he was ancient (apparently, an age was never said in the manga, although it's implied that he's older than Eva http://www.mangapanda.com/mahou-sensei-negima/331/8). It also seemed that he'd become weakened somehow, as for the majority of the manga, he stayed in his underground home near the World Tree, only using a projection of himself in the outside world. However, during the battle against the Mage of the Beginning, it's implied that it's his real body, and then it most likely is his real body in the epilogue. Well, it somehow seemed that he had to watch over the sealed Nagi, so he couldn't leave his area during those 10 years.

We know Al created the Gravity Blade that Touta uses, so he probably was involved with UQ Holder to some degree at some point, but he doesn't have to have immortality. Although, not aging for potentially thousands of years is pretty much immortality.

Oh, it seems that I'd misremembered how everything worked with Asuna at the end. I had thought that there was time travel and somehow she was prevented from being sealed, not that she lived through the whole sealing (and even longer) and then time traveled back.

Well, Ayaka (Iinichou-san) lived to 2104 in the original timeline, so she'd certainly still be alive. If both Evas are still in the present timeline, which one do you think is the one we've met in UQ Holder?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I doubt both eva's remain. She made the point that she was going to travel around looking for a nagi for herself.
http://www.mangapanda.com/mahou-sensei-negima/353/8
Odds are there is only one eva although it is not impossible that at some point we see two of them.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

School arc is starting great. I imagine Touta will lose by some weird rule about no physical contact or something.

Astray

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I really want this to get it's own forum page as it's one of the best shounen mangas running right now even if you didn't read Negima (which was great too). The pacing is fantastic and it's got something for both old fans and new.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
A loss on a technicality in a fight that Touta clearly won is still a win.

Fools who rely on magic apps and aren't actually magicians are just that, fools.

turok

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am very amused where this is headed.
Though surely the work of the murders can't be done by just that one person? Especially when skill seems to just be hacking. or is apps involved? We'll see.
Touta really needs to learn how to keep a low profile. beating up punks and kicking down doors is not how you stay low profile.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm completely unsure where this is headed. I'm assuming that they'll acquire this silly guy as a new member, but other than that...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Perhaps this guy will be a new holder? Realistically speaking this guy is a huge asset. It took him seconds to hack the holder database which has some pretty severe implications. His skills are in a way more valuable in today's world than eva's. It does seem weird that he was the one who carried out the murders though. I wonder if we will see a descendant from any of the girls in the manga. Or perhaps a descendant of kotaru?

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Perhaps this guy will be a new holder? Realistically speaking this guy is a huge asset. It took him seconds to hack the holder database which has some pretty severe implications. His skills are in a way more valuable in today's world than eva's. It does seem weird that he was the one who carried out the murders though. I wonder if we will see a descendant from any of the girls in the manga. Or perhaps a descendant of kotaru?
They actually implied that they were going to make him into a new Holder member when we first heard of the situation. They don't want immortals running around on their own.

The murders might just be accidents from some technology that he's using or something.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So the important question here is... is this one a boy :pout or a girl :zomg?

It can't be considered a true Negima sequel with a harem at only this level, so I'm betting girl.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So the important question here is... is this one a boy :pout or a girl :zomg?

It can't be considered a true Negima sequel with a harem at only this level, so I'm betting girl.
I wondered the same thing, honestly.

HaiSuShi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The whole bit of him/her talking about Karin makes me think we probably have a boy here. But it's not like we hadn't this kind of girl in negima before (Paio anyone?)
I hope it's a girl, UQ Holder needs more girls.:verily

Because of that cape and the whole talk about vampires and ghouls I've totally mistaken him/her with the aristocrat vampire from ch. 6.
Wonder if he/she somehow met Chisame in the past, considering how similar their powers are.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The whole bit of him/her talking about Karin makes me think we probably have a boy here. But it's not like we hadn't this kind of girl in negima before (Paio anyone?)
I hope it's a girl, UQ Holder needs more girls.:verily

Because of that cape and the whole talk about vampires and ghouls I've totally mistaken him/her with the aristocrat vampire from ch. 6.
Wonder if he/she somehow met Chisame in the past, considering how similar their powers are.
It's gotta be a girl. Hacker hikkimori with a terrible personal. You can't go male with that. A male version is no fun. The female version on the other hand....

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am wondring about tota's age. Or is perhaps that the age at which he became an immortal? I am not sure of what is going on here.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The raw of chapter 46 is available. http://raw.senmanga.com/UQ_Holder!/46/1/

So, the truth comes out. Our mysterious immortal isn't evil at all, which was to be expected. The people he's been attacking are bullies or something and he's just meting out his own form of justice on them. Moreover, he's got a superior version of Obito's phase shifting. I don't think that he's a ghost, hologram, or astral projection, but it'll certainly be interesting seeing how this fight works. He avoided Touta's attack, as if a blade made by Al is designed to stop phase shifting or something, which might make sense, given that Al's talented in astral projection.

Tias

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark
The raw of chapter 46 is available. http://raw.senmanga.com/UQ_Holder!/46/1/

So, the truth comes out. Our mysterious immortal isn't evil at all, which was to be expected. The people he's been attacking are bullies or something and he's just meting out his own form of justice on them. Moreover, he's got a superior version of Obito's phase shifting. I don't think that he's a ghost, hologram, or astral projection, but it'll certainly be interesting seeing how this fight works. He avoided Touta's attack, as if a blade made by Al is designed to stop phase shifting or something, which might make sense, given that Al's talented in astral projection.
Lol, the translated chapter has been out on mangafox for 2 days by now =p