Reaction score
Country
United States
Utawareumono: Itsuwari no Kamen

Episodes: 25
Air Date: Oct 4 2015 to ???
Genre: Action, Drama, Fantasy​

Synopsis

When I came to, I realized I was standing in the middle of a vast, snowy plain I knew nothing of. I didn't know how I got there. And to add to that, I couldn't remember anything, not even my name. I stood there, dumbfounded at my absurd situation. But then, as if to spite me further, a gigantic monster suddenly appeared, a insect-like creature that began to bear down on me. I tried desperately to run, but it cornered me into a hopeless situation. It was then that the girl appeared. Her name was Kuon. It was this beautiful girl, who bore an animal's ears and tail, that saved my life.

(Source: ANN)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
First episode was a lot funnier than I was expecting. Especially the bath scene. Also really enjoyed the way the fantasy world was drawn. It seems like a really cool world. Definitely seems like a series worth watching to me.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Italy
First episode was a lot funnier than I was expecting. Especially the bath scene. Also really enjoyed the way the fantasy world was drawn. It seems like a really cool world. Definitely seems like a series worth watching to me.
It is indeed.
Characters seem to be likeable, especially Kuon. :)
By the way, did he end up in this world after dying? Because those green clothes that he had were extremely similar to those that you wear in an hospital....

seizzoverow

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
It is indeed.
Characters seem to be likeable, especially Kuon. :)
By the way, did he end up in this world after dying? Because those green clothes that he had were extremely similar to those that you wear in an hospital....
yup there's 99% he's dead well but the good news is he's alive in new world XD
well this anime so far so good i hope it's not turned into "harem"

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm still really liking this show even though at episode 12 of 25 nothing has really happened but it seems like things are going to start moving soon.

Up until this point it's all been very lighthearted slice of life stuff set in a fantasy world, which has been fun. The harem aspect has built up a bit but I think that's balanced out by how the yaoi jokes have too. Looks like we've got a war coming though, and I wonder how drastically the tone will shift.

Are we going to see more action in the second half?

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'm still really liking this show even though at episode 12 of 25 nothing has really happened but it seems like things are going to start moving soon.

Up until this point it's all been very lighthearted slice of life stuff set in a fantasy world, which has been fun. The harem aspect has built up a bit but I think that's balanced out by how the yaoi jokes have too. Looks like we've got a war coming though, and I wonder how drastically the tone will shift.

Are we going to see more action in the second half?
I had your same thoughts while watching this! :)
Honestly, I too am looking forward to more action and it looks like that we will have it in the next episodes with the incoming war. :D
Haku is one lucky bastard with that harem though and he received two new babes by doing nothing! LOL

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Holy crap! The second season of this show is show is drastically different.

The first half was so light and upbeat then this war arc comes along. At first it seemed like it was going to be light too but... nope. We pretty much just got a whole episode of merciless slaughter by the "good guys". Not sure what to make of that twist.

I wonder if Haku is going to keep playing along with this empire now that he's seen their darker side.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Little disappointed by the latest ep. It had a really good little war arc and then I thought it was building up to Haku disapproving of the cursed masks. Instead he was just kind of mopy and got bribed with sake. I'd expected a resolution with a little more... impact.

The entire female cast walking in on the entire male cast drunkenly dancing it the nude was pretty great though.:amuse

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Holy crap! The second season of this show is show is drastically different.

The first half was so light and upbeat then this war arc comes along. At first it seemed like it was going to be light too but... nope. We pretty much just got a whole episode of merciless slaughter by the "good guys". Not sure what to make of that twist.

I wonder if Haku is going to keep playing along with this empire now that he's seen their darker side.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Little disappointed by the latest ep. It had a really good little war arc and then I thought it was building up to Haku disapproving of the cursed masks. Instead he was just kind of mopy and got bribed with sake. I'd expected a resolution with a little more... impact.

The entire female cast walking in on the entire male cast drunkenly dancing it the nude was pretty great though.:amuse
I too thought that the war arc would last a bit more, but it's not like I was disappointed. :XD
And that drunken dance was.....unforgettable. LOL

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, that was quite a shocking episode. Did not expect to get answers to so many questions. Who Haku is. What this world is. Lots of plot twists. Turns out this show is sci-fi. Haku and the emperor being the last two surviving humans after a very strange blob related apocalypse.... Uh Huh. Did not expect that at all.:huh

Very curious where things go from here...

I guess Haku is immortal due to that medical experiment and since the emperor is his brother that means he is next in line for the throne if he wants it. Not even sure what to think about his brother's creepy cloning lab and where him creating the masks is going to fit in.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Italy
That was some shocking plotwist indeed. :huh
Well, at least we now know why Haku and his brother are different from everyone.
As always, it is humanity that brought ruin upon itself....
My guess, is that something went wrong with the genetic enanchement and all those people who weren't as lucky as Haku, became the Curse.
Anyway, it was a fantastic episode and now I can't wait to see what will happen next. :D

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This show...this freakin show...

It might just be the most frustrating anime I've ever watched. I almost feel like going through an counting the episodes where nothing happens. How many would that be? The number would have to be at least 12 of 18.

It had all kinds of cool implications and sci-fi political stuff last week and this week it....did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Literally had Haku search for Kuon for a whole episode. I keep thinking the the story is about to get awesome and then ".........". There aren't that many episodes left now and it's STILL doing that. This freakin show....

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Italy
This show...this freakin show...

It might just be the most frustrating anime I've ever watched. I almost feel like going through an counting the episodes where nothing happens. How many would that be? The number would have to be at least 12 of 18.

It had all kinds of cool implications and sci-fi political stuff last week and this week it....did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Literally had Haku search for Kuon for a whole episode. I keep thinking the the story is about to get awesome and then ".........". There aren't that many episodes left now and it's STILL doing that. This freakin show....
It is indeed. :XD
I just hope that the last episodes will be memorable and engaging.:D
Anyway, I think that I will have a look at the the other anime series set in this universe.