Discussion - Valentine's Day - Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Valentine's Day - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hello there,

It's February and you can just feel love in the air, can't you?

In honor of the coming Valentine's Day, I came up with an idea to discuss about what everyone plans for that special day?
Will you tell that special someone about how you feel? Will you take a chance on rekindling the old flame that wouldnt die? Will you your mom or dad feel special taking care of you since you were born?
Are you gonna take your significant other to a romantic dinner by the beach and watch the dolphin swim under a moonlit starry night? Or are you gonna stay home wishing for a miracle to happen?

So, tell us about your plan(s), and don't be shy. We know there's a romantic side in each and every one of you guys and girls at MH.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Epul

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Re: Valentine's Day is coming! Do you have any plan?

I want to buy flowers for my girl but i don't have money for that...... :(
I want to take her to a candle light dinner but i also don't have money for that..... :(
I want to take her shopping but i also do not have money for that.... :(
I want to take her to the beach but i do not have a car....... :(

so, at the end of the day, i've decided to stay at home on valantine and spend my valentine with my PS2....( i know, sad isn't it... )

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Epul said:
I want to buy flowers for my girl but i don't have money for that...... :(
Pick from the garden!! :p
Epul said:
I want to take her to a candle light dinner but i also don't have money for that..... :(
Cook the dinner urself, or get someone to help u cook so you just need to get the candles. :XD
Epul said:
I want to take her shopping but i also do not have money for that.... :(
I'm sure she would be happy with window shopping ^^ it's the thought that counts.. plus I don't know many guys who likes to be dragged shopping :s
Epul said:
I want to take her to the beach but i do not have a car....... :(
Erm, you can try the bicycle, it's very romantic.. well in my parent's era it was :D
Epul said:
so, at the end of the day, i've decided to stay at home on valantine and spend my valentine with my PS2....( i know, sad isn't it... )
:faint try harder

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States

*walks in, chewing on a straw*

valentines day?

*pulls out the straw and drives it threw cupid's heart*
i hate this time of year. there are always a bunch of "happy couples" all over the place, everywhere you turn. only once have i ever had a girlfriend on valentines day. once! to me its just another thing celebrations made by stores to hold over sales between holiday seasons. thats why its mandatory in k-5 schools to give valentines to everyone in your grade. more money. but this isnt a thread of why i dont like it. its a thread of what we're doing.
ill probably be at work. or at home playing some game. my friend/coworker hollard just broke up with her boyfriend, so i might comiserate with her (dont worry, im not the type to trick a girl, especially one of my friends, into sleeping with me or anything), and some of my gaming freinds who are also without significant other

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

i will be preparing a sumptous dinner. God help us all :crying

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Well, looks like we got some romantic souls here. Epul, i agree with Azurel. It doesnt take an expensive gift or flashy car to show how you feel, it's your sincerity. //know it all mode off :D

rabb, give the little guy with wings and arrows a break. He might retaliate by shooting a bazooka on you. Wait, if an arrow could make you fall in love, can you imagine what a bazooka could do? :D

venicia, i'm sure it'll work out great. tell us how it goes, ok? :D

Epul

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

thanks azurel and ichimaru! I guess you guys are right it is the thought that count. I think i'll try cooking the food myself...... wish me luck.....

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Epul said:
thanks azurel and ichimaru! I guess you guys are right it is the thought that count. I think i'll try cooking the food myself...... wish me luck.....
no probs :amuse good luck!

"Dapur berasap, rumah jangan terbakar" :p

Pevee

Reaction score
Country
United States

Valentine day? *peeks over to see calendar*
I have a paper due and two contests. That's my Valentine's Day. That's depressing

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Azurel said:
"Dapur berasap, rumah jangan terbakar" :p
Amboi.. Berperibahasa pulak :p

Heh.. for me.. since we are far away, let just say that we have to do it in very odd way. For you guys, don't need to buy your significant other expensive things. Just do and give him/her simple but meaningful things. Things that they can see every day and remind of you guys.

Hmm.. like.. making a wallpaper for him/her. So, everythime he/she turns on their PC... they will see it and remember you ^^ Because as for me.. a simple wish is more than enough.

Pevee said:
I have a paper due and two contests. That's my Valentine's Day. That's depressing
Ah... I'm sorry >.<

KaiserRyuujin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

rabb said:
*walks in, chewing on a straw*

valentines day?

*pulls out the straw and drives it threw cupid's heart*
i hate this time of year. there are always a bunch of "happy couples" all over the place, everywhere you turn. only once have i ever had a girlfriend on valentines day. once! to me its just another thing celebrations made by stores to hold over sales between holiday seasons. thats why its mandatory in k-5 schools to give valentines to everyone in your grade. more money. but this isnt a thread of why i dont like it. its a thread of what we're doing.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Just, well for me, minus ever actually having a girlfriend for the fucking holiday. So probably, just like any other freakin day. Play something, watch dvds of tv shows and chat with a friend or two online and have one night free of my best friend and his wife hanging out at my place.

Pevee

Reaction score
Country
United States

bax said:
Ah... I'm sorry >.<
Don't be, I probably deserve it, somehow.

manu

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Me, I'm buying chocolates. Then I'll try scapaling them at school to all the suckers who forgot what day it was.

Ok, that was a bad joke. I'm single and I'm buying chocolates for a friend and hopefully spend a nice evening with them.

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Oooooh!!
That's the day Moi is being pampered!
:love

I've actually wanted to buy something for my special someone, but I kind of ran out of ideas. Hmm...maybe chocolates (like Manu) suggest is a good idea.
Maybe should do a new practice like in Japan, where the gal give guy chocs, followed by guy returning favour in one months' time? But most likely I'll end up having a lunch & dinner date(s).

hehee
:smile-big

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
venicia, i'm sure it'll work out great. tell us how it goes, ok? :D
i have no escape on this one. i have put it off for soo long that staying away is impossible so far as i am healthy. Amazing i had to watch TV this week checking up a lot of cooking channels for special dinners, entrees, etc and the like. I tried cooking one yesterday and it was good. We will see on D- DAY

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

*depressed sigh* I'm completely alone this V-day the first time in a very long time like maybe 6 years :scry

deathmoon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

stay at home and reading comics....

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Pevee said:
Yeah, I have a paper before V day and another 2 days after V day. But hey, it's not so bad, you can celebrate V day anytime with your special someone, who says it has to be on 14th Feb rite? :p
manu said:
I'm single and I'm buying chocolates for a friend and hopefully spend a nice evening with them.
That's nice of you ^^
Nami said:
Oooooh!!
That's the day Moi is being pampered!
Hope you have a great time! :)
venicia777 said:
I tried cooking one yesterday and it was good. We will see on D- DAY
that's great! good luck on D Day! I'm sure things will turn out good. :amuse
deathshadow25 said:
*depressed sigh* I'm completely alone this V-day the first time in a very long time like maybe 6 years :scry
deathmoon said:
stay at home and reading comics....
Who said V day is for lovers only. Hang out with your friends, you do love your friends rite :p

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

venicia777 said:
i have no escape on this one. i have put it off for soo long that staying away is impossible so far as i am healthy. Amazing i had to watch TV this week checking up a lot of cooking channels for special dinners, entrees, etc and the like. I tried cooking one yesterday and it was good. We will see on D- DAY
Yes, excellent idea. The easiest way to win a person's heart is through cooking :amuse Make her a nice one. Doesn't necessarily to be a really expensive or hard to cook, just a simple one.

Melts.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Azurel said:
Yeah, I have a paper before V day and another 2 days after V day. But hey, it's not so bad, you can celebrate V day anytime with your special someone, who says it has to be on 14th Feb rite? :p
Working on your paper is a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day. It means you love what you're studying. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.