Done Vocab Help

energizerbuni

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I was hoping a more expirenced person could help me with this (I put spolier just in case):

the manga is Kimi wa candy.



Background: Mizokoshi, the main character, gets sick and finds out her crush is dating this girl when she get's back and is trying to figure out how it happend.

Here the girl is talking about 流れ and I thought that meant a flow, or a current.

I was kind of thinking that maybe the girl mixed up current (as in a flow) with current (time), but I was really unsure.

Anyone have any ideas?
 

Unproductive

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
流れ could be the flow of anything, time, conversation, mood, water, etc.

But there's nothing in the picture that will pin down what she is talking about. Two bubbles look entirely unrelated to me. Someone is pointing to the two while saying the first bubble, and then the girl is having her own conversation in the second.

Or maybe not. Can't tell.
 

Meriken

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
79
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
In slang, 流れ translates to "going with the flow."

Example:
[bubble 1]Wait... How'd it go down that like anyways?
[bubble 2]Huh---? We just like, went with the flow, I guess?
 
Last edited:

energizerbuni

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thank you both!
 
Top