Art - Volume Covers and Official Art Thread | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Art Volume Covers and Official Art Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Volume Covers, Color Pages & Misc.

Cool Dragonslayers cover and I guess the crossover cover of FT X Rave must be great collector's item for fans of both series.

Just my opinion though, but I've found that the novelty of special edition covers have long worn off. It's been great to see some of them but for the majority, I feel that having them for every volume( correct me if I'm wrong) since volume 16(?) is a bit overkill. It should be sporadically produce imo.

Krono

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Cool Dragonslayers cover and I guess the crossover cover of FT X Rave must be great collector's item for fans of both series.

Just my opinion though, but I've found that the novelty of special edition covers have long worn off. It's been great to see some of them but for the majority, I feel that having them for every volume( correct me if I'm wrong) since volume 16(?) is a bit overkill. It should be sporadically produce imo.
You are wrong. They don't have special editions for every volume, much less special edition covers for every volume. They only do a special edition when they're packaging some sort of bonus with the volume. Usually an OAD, or some other DVD, but occasionally some other extras in addition or instead. So it's been volumes 16, 24, 26, 27, 31, 33, 35, 36, 38, and 39 that have had limited editions, and therefore two different covers. And some of those covers were of negligible difference, such as a different background color because there wasn't a bonus worthy making a completely different cover over.

Handoyo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Does anyone have an HQ scan of the cover of volume 38?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, you will notice that the first post has been somewhat updated. There are still quite a few things missing that we weren't able to locate( full cover scans for the special edition covers, colour pages, other FT book scans, etc), but we hope with your help we can get some more of them.

With that said, we hope you can enjoy the work and post here if you find anything that we've missed.

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Fairy Tail Volume 41

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series/2013

Ok, so this year FT is No. 9. A big drop from last year's No.5 with 4 million, whereas this year only sold 3 million. But that's to be expected, as it only released 3 volumes this year, not counting vol. 41 which only came out about a week ago. I'm assuming this is because of the 6 chapters released at once this year, thus delaying the volume releases.

Krono

Reaction score
Country
United States
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series/2013

Ok, so this year FT is No. 9. A big drop from last year's No.5 with 4 million, whereas this year only sold 3 million. But that's to be expected, as it only released 3 volumes this year, not counting vol. 41 which only came out about a week ago. I'm assuming this is because of the 6 chapters released at once this year, thus delaying the volume releases.
Um, what? Fairy Tail had five volumes come out this year 36-40. Not count volume 35 which came out a few days before the period measured. Volume 41 isn't out yet. It also 3.79 million this year, vs last year's 4.12 million, a drop of only .33 million.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Looks like Goldb mistyped vol. 37's release. Since it was typed as released in 2012, I thought the first volume that came out this year was Vol. 38. My memories are a bit patchy regarding the Vol. release dates, adding to the fact that I also miscounted the drop in sales.

MechR

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, the top 10 are about the same as 2013 first half, give or take some shuffling.

Um, what? Fairy Tail had five volumes come out this year 36-40. Not count volume 35 which came out a few days before the period measured. Volume 41 isn't out yet. It also 3.79 million this year, vs last year's 4.12 million, a drop of only .33 million.
Interesting. Looks like more series broke 4M this year. 4.12M placed FT in 5th last year, but the same sales would still be 9th this year. (It would also have been 9th in 2011.)

Last edited:

Kokuryuu

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Fairy Tail Cover 41 HQ (credits to Netorare):

Krono

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, the top 10 are about the same as 2013 first half, give or take some shuffling.

Interesting. Looks like more series broke 4M this year. 4.12M placed FT in 5th last year, but the same sales would still be 9th this year. (It would also have been 9th in 2011.)
Yeah, this year was really competitive, with Magi and especially Attack on Titan getting strong sales boosts from successful anime, Silver Spoon building lots of momentum from awards and it's anime, and Assassination Classroom coming in as a surprise smash hit with Jump's readership. So it's no surprise that Fairy Tail dropped despite it's overall sales numbers not changing much.

On a related note, for those wondering, Fairy Tail's individual volumes would be higher, except volume 35 went on sale just before the period measured started, splitting it's sales between 2012 and 2013. Furthermore, volumes 35, 36, 38, and 39 all had limited edition versions which Oricon counts separately, and volume 40 was released the most recently and as such has had less time to sell. That's why if you go to the sales-by-volume list Fairy Tail 37 is the highest FT volume.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Really now? gotta wonder how much the sales would've made in total if the limited editions were counted in.

mcwhirlpoolinc

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the cover for Volume 41 much better than the cover of Volume 40.

Marche

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I like the cover for Volume 41 much better than the cover of Volume 40.
I agree with you. Even because the volume 41 should have Urtear in the cover page. She deserved it.

Blader

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I agree with you. Even because the volume 41 should have Urtear in the cover page. She deserved it.
How? she didn't made any single appearance this volume

Marche

Reaction score
Country
Italy

alekos23

Reaction score
Country
Greece
hmm.maybe this is a better place to post the swimsuit pics.found bigger ones.

credit to mugetsu 35