Art Volume Covers and Official Art Thread

What is your favorite Volume Cover?


  • Total voters
    20

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Thank you, @Erinyes. I'll make tl of omakes, if I may :)
December 2039
Emma: Ray's reading again.
Norman: Lately he doesn't play as often as before.

Emma: Enough, Ray, let's play!
Ray: Emma...

Norman: We will play whatever you want to.
Ray: Norman...

Ray: Ok, then let's go the gate.

Ray: I wanted to go there before...
Mama: Your suitcase... is empty.
Norman: Yeah, almost.

Mama: Farewell. Be happy, Norman. (I'm not 100% sure of that line. I've been looking for this phrase 幸せに, but couldn't find anything)
2nd November, morning
Emma: It's first time I see a camera.
Norman: Me too.

Ray: Stand there. We have a camera, so we can take at least one photo.
Emma & Norman: Really?

Ray: Btw, be careful. I heard, that it draw out souls, while taking photos.

Emma: What?! No way! Wait!
Norman: Don't worry. He's kidding.

Ray: Haha, look at your face!
Emma: I can't believe it...!!
Norman: Wow, so that's photograph...
(I guess that's the order of speaking in last panel)
 
Last edited:

deyna

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2017
Messages
751
Reaction score
1,247
Age
39
Country
Malaysia
in off scene 7.. what does isabella mean 'be happy'? norman's gonna die getting eaten by the demons, how could he be happy? unless he actually wasn't gonna get eaten as initially planned in the beginning.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
in off scene 7.. what does isabella mean 'be happy'? norman's gonna die getting eaten by the demons, how could he be happy? unless he actually wasn't gonna get eaten as initially planned in the beginning.
I said I'm not 100% sure, if my translation is correct. Transcription of this line is: "Sayōnara shiawase ni, Norman". I thought, that maybe "sayōnara shiawase ni" is some idiom, but I found only song titled like that. So I had to improvese a little and this translation suited the most: "sayōnara" - goodbye, farewell, "shiawase" - happiness and "ni" is particle of direction. I may be wrong tho, but without full context I can only guess. Take it with a grain of salt please.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Is it only light, or Gilda's hair is green? :s Never paid attention before to be honest.

EDIT: Nope, it seems it's green.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Wow, the best cover so far imo :zomg I love the puzzles in the background, I can see a symbolism here.
It seems, that authors don't want to separate the genius trio at least on the covers. Don't want to spoiler to the volumes-only readers, or it's because Norman's "ghost" is with them? Interesting :hmm
 

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
2,690
Gender
Female
Country
Galactic Empire
All the covers are pretty gorgeous, but volume 3 my favorite. I love the colors, the reflection beneath their feet, the papers and letters scattering around them and how the children are protecting/clinging to one another. Volume 2 is a close second because the children look happy. Also, I love the cozy atmosphere of the library and the feel there are hints hidden in the books, even if we know that the place is really far from being a proper home for the children.
 

Manda

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2017
Messages
64
Reaction score
232
Country
United Kingdom
To be fair, crossing him out is the right thing to do. He's supposed to be dead, not crossing him out is straight up spoiling.

I love all the extras but that one with Isabella and Emma is probably my favorite. It's really simple but it's easy to tell there's parallels between the two characters so it makes the page really impactful to me. One is what the other could've been and the best part is that the statement can go both ways. :amuse

Is Norman telling Phil to help Emma out for him? Ouch, my heart.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
My TL :) :
"Be safe..."
"Be safe, Norman."

Phil: Norman...
Norman: Phil, please, help Emma for me.

Phil: Don't worry, Emma. I'll do my best, Norman.

Phil: Ray... Don... Gilda... Everyone...

Phil: Mama.
Picture with Isabella hugging children is titled "Mama for everyone"; Isabella's line next to her pic with Ray: "R-Ray?!!" I guess he doesn't hug often :fan

Also from Shirai's comment:
Ray has birthday on 15th January, Norman on 21st March and Emma on 22nd August; but Ray's real birthday date is different.

Thank you @Erinyes for pics :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also from previous volume (I missed it, sorry :sweat):
1. Somewhere in volume 4 there's a hint, how children get number tattoos on their necks
2. When Ray was a child he decided, he will read all books from Grace House library until his 12; the book he was holding in chapter 32 was the last one and he just finished reading it.
 
Top