Shounen - We Never Learn by Taishi Tsutsui | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen We Never Learn by Taishi Tsutsui

Which girl will be the 'one'? (or girl X)

• Total voters

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I read it weekly and am still enjoying it very much.

Takemoto and Furuhashi are the best gals so far. Ogata's awkwardness is cute, but the others seem to have a stronger presence in the story.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ehh. I get really bored of Romcoms unless they're something special, like Nielsekoi. I catch up every now and then, but I'm pretty sure i stopped at chapter 3.

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Finally caught up with it. The comedy and cuteness keeps this entertaining.

I like all the girls. Out of the main two, I'd give Ogata the slightest of nods ahead of Furuhashi, though in chapter 6 I gotta say she nearly won me over.

However I really would like Takemoto to be the one. She's got my support atm. Might make a poll, so people can add place their bet too xD
Lol I maybe a bit too early for a poll? But I understand why Ogata seems more popular. But I just find Furuhashi more appealing so far. She's like a funnier and more likable version of Onodera.

What I like about Ogata though is she doesn't seem to be the tsundere I thought she would.

As for the swimmer, it would be cool if MC choses her at the end just for the twist. But her lose flag is quite strong for me. Who knows..

Apparently there will be a fourth girl. So my choice can still easily change.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Chapter 11 is out. It's terrific :lmao
i left off on the part when Ogatas having trouble with her essay :XD chap 6 was it?
Ogata and Furuhashi are on equal terms for me atm tbh :wtf
Quite hard to tell who hell end up with tho:XD
Anyways i think this manga is quite good and was off to a great start:super
Yes that was chapter 6 :) You should pick it back up when you get the chance.

Ogata's awkwardness is cute, but the others seem to have a stronger presence in the story.
I can agree with that, and it makes sense given their personalities. It will be interesting to see if the mangaka gives more weight to Ogata at some stage.

Ehh. I get really bored of Romcoms unless they're something special, like Nielsekoi. I catch up every now and then, but I'm pretty sure i stopped at chapter 3.
Hmmm I put this one in the same class as Nisekoi tbh. I also stopped around there (2 iirc) since it wasn't on MS and I got lazy...

Lol I maybe a bit too early for a poll? But I understand why Ogata seems more popular. But I just find Furuhashi more appealing so far. She's like a funnier and more likable version of Onodera.

What I like about Ogata though is she doesn't seem to be the tsundere I thought she would.

As for the swimmer, it would be cool if MC choses her at the end just for the twist. But her lose flag is quite strong for me. Who knows..

Apparently there will be a fourth girl. So my choice can still easily change.
Yes it's early, though the option to change your vote is enabled :)

Actually, is there something up with the lines at the end?
There wasn't a 4th girl

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Brandish it's cool honestly, it's like Nisekoi lite. Good enough everything basically: characters, art, comedy so I find it something fun to read. The comedy is honestly better than I thought lol

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, yeah, I was more interesting in Ogata's friend than Ogata herself in her own chapter. She still isn't standing out much. Though I did like the reveal at the end that she was bothered.

sardinestunasalmon

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hmm, yeah, I was more interesting in Ogata's friend than Ogata herself in her own chapter. She still isn't standing out much. Though I did like the reveal at the end that she was bothered.
Lol me too. I was waiting for that "blush" moment from Ogata's friend. Hope she becomes a regular character as well, although I doubt it. She can be the tsundere of this harem.

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
After the latest raw chapter I will put my vote for Ogata. Girl got a chance.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Takemoto's just pulled ahead after the latest chapter. She's great.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm convinced tan line is best girl. Could not stop laughing majority of the chapter, it made me wonder how often that shit happened to girls at my school

Koi Kage

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like how for the most part that We can't Study hasn't forcefully shoved that it's a romance series in my face. Chapter 14 very good chapter and personally I think it's a more realistic, as realistic as a manga can get at least, way of showing someone falling in love then what I've seen in a shounen centered magazine.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess the author had the same thoughts about Ogata as I've had because she's had some good focus these past couple of chapters. She's growing on me slightly, but she's still far behind the other two. Takemoto's single panel "incident" in this chapter was the best part and will, hopefully, lead to her getting her own two parter.

sardinestunasalmon

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
All the girls here are just likable. And Sekijo really climbing for best girl position. If she gets more screen time, she just might overpass Furuhashi for me.

Anyway, chapter 14-15 for me is good for Ogata. She was really cute in these two chapters. Hopefully next chapter will be about Furuhashi.

I like how the author is approaching the romcom clichés here. I find it refreshing somehow. I didn't expect that kiss but I liked how it was resolved. And I didn't expect Sekijo to help out Yuiga there. Two twists I didn't see in two chapters. Pretty neat for me.

Last edited:

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I'll admit, this series has really grown on me. Romcoms have been bland for the past decade or just flat out boring, but this one has enough charm to it, that I don't mind if it has an uninteresting premise or tired character tropes. It also helps that it doesn't try to present itself as a romcom too much, which leaves the author some degree of freedom on how he wants to direct the story.

I like how for the most part that We can't Study hasn't forcefully shoved that it's a romance series in my face. Chapter 14 very good chapter and personally I think it's a more realistic, as realistic as a manga can get at least, way of showing someone falling in love then what I've seen in a shounen centered magazine.
I just remembered. The author's married, so that probably plays a factor into this.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
The tan line chapter just proved it was realistic, I legit questioned myself if there were girls in my gym class that ever freeballed with just a tshirt on... the series itself is nothing special or unique but it's enjoyable and getting better. What else can you ask for

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
WNL is doing a good job at making all 3 girls likable. Takemoto is still the most adorable in my eyes. I'd probably most sad for her should she lose, compared to the others. Has had the most 'moments' as well so far. Ogata has been slowly getting more time with Yuiga, especially in the last 2 chapters where she's progressing with her feelings towards the guy. Furuhashi was close to exposing Yuiga in the sauna, it's only time before she gets some physical interaction if the trend continues.

Just on Yuiga, how are people liking him as a main? I think he's fine, and has good qualities (when Sejiko questioned him about his 'type', I liked his answers).

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Chapter 14 is the most recent one? It was the latest in ESJ at least so I will talk about that. I'm team Takemoto, but Ogata looks an interesting course of action as well because she is too rational and she can learn a lot falling in love. She will need some illogical thinking to advance onto social sciences. XD
I think that's the path that Ogata will make. If it will lead her to be chosen, it is another matter entirely.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, is the Teacher going to be the fabled 4th Love Interest?

Nah, probably not...

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
^no bullshit, once we saw her in the off work jump suit she suddenly became wife material so I wouldn't be a surprised. Let's hope she more a serious type than tsudere but that would be interesting that his harem will have a cougar.