Feedback Website layout error?

r@z

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
19
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Since yesterday (maybe the day before yesterday, I don't recall, but) the main site isn't displayed properly: there's now three columns and the left-most one is occupied by the "box" that has your username and 'My actions', 'My forums', and 'My favorites' in it, pushing the other two columns over to the right. This new behavior apparently causes a lack of visibility, or "cut-off", of some elements in the right-most column. This is contrary to the previous layout's two-column setup in which everything on the right-most column (scans, trans, raws etc.) was completely visible.

Snapshot of what everything looks like now:


The forums are displayed perfectly fine. Is it just me?
 

SilentNN

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 19, 2008
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not just you. I didn't notice any cutoffs at first, but now that you mention it... yeah, I see it. I actually thought it was on purpose at first, but it's probably not if elements are cut off. I made this to illustrate the problems I had... and this to illustrate my solution that didn't involve just going back to the old setup.
 

r@z

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
19
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't know what the reason behind the change was (be it intentional or otherwise) but I'm disliking it more as time goes by - check what happens when I try to work the online viewer (the "read online" option):


I am not a happy panda...
 

reinen

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I had a hunch MH is going to add some new feature. :onoz

Adblock Plus is the culprit.
 
Last edited:

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
4,777
Reaction score
2,840
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I had the same problem.

I use firefox and it just turned out that my Adblock Plus was messing it up...

this solution worked for me
I just tested it myself and found the problem, find this object in adblock's preferences ##*[class~="adbox"] in filter rules, it's in blue font, uncheck it hit ok and refresh the main page.
 
  • Like
Reactions: r@z

r@z

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
19
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I had the same problem.

I use firefox and it just turned out that my Adblock Plus was messing it up...

this solution worked for me
Sweet, that solved everything, thanks! I wonder, however, if this will have an adverse effect on adblock's adblocking ability on other websites...
 
Top