Discussion - Weeble Origins | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Weeble Origins

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
So now the 7th Shichibukai is finally revealed, Weeble turns out to be the son of WB, allegedly.

Hes been on a mission destroying all WB pirates and is now targeting Marco next. This might result in an encounter with Luffy....

This is what we know, and no quality of his suggests that he is WB's son.

So here's my theory:
Weevil is a product of Hogback.

Evidence:
All his scars are clean-incision cuts, a trait shared by all Zombies and hogback operations, including Hogback's zombies.

Even Absolem has the same kinda cuts and looks like he's been carefully put together.

Therefore, Weevil could be WB's son, by inheriting certain parts of this body. To add insane strength, Hogback and Moria might be adding higher amount of power with shadows to make him stronger and more powerful.

My theory:
Weevil will result in Moria's comeback. Moria was planning to take revenge on Kaido and realized that Zombie army wouldn't be enough. After the higher ups tried to get rid of him, Moria escaped in near-death scenario from Doffy fight and decided to work in the shadows.

Absolem is confirmed to be the Abusa, the journalist present everywhere and spreading information to the WG. He is gathering intel and helping Moria to work from the shadows. Moria is using Weevil to defeat the WB pirates and once they are defeated, Moria is adding the shadow strengths to Weevil making him stronger everytime. He will use this eventually to fight with Kaido at an opportune moment.

TitaniumOxide

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
While a lot of people already theorize that hogback was his progenitor the part where he gets shadows from Moria is a new idea to me but at the same time it seems..off. The reason why is you need willpower and weebles willpower might be strong but it sure doesn't seem like he is someone that Moria can keep making stronger. Absalom was a beastman and was strong because he had animal parts so what you said about weeble having whitebeard's flesh can be true but I doubt that these baddies know where Ace and Whitebeard is buried. I wonder if Luffy will ever visit their graves...nvm that's off topic.

jackthai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure of him being the son of WB for real but I believe it's true. C'mon don't you see the "beard" :D

On the other hand the old lady for sure isn't his mom and is just using him to get easy money because he is as dumb as strong

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Weeble appearance is a mix of his mother and Whitebeard. It's his mother part that makes him look somewhat weird, but you still can tell the similarity. Especially the two lines under his mouth, one of Whitebeard more distinct features. Plus his strength make it even more believable.

Mohsen

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
Weeble could be from WB's tribe and that is why he resembles him. Like Roger and Garp resembling each other.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Weeble appearance is a mix of his mother and Whitebeard. It's his mother part that makes him look somewhat weird, but you still can tell the similarity. Especially the two lines under his mouth, one of Whitebeard more distinct features. Plus his strength make it even more believable.
I still don't buy it. Whitebeard founded his own pirate crew specifically because he always wanted a family. It doesn't make any sense for him to have an actual family. Miss Bakkin's personality also doesn't match Whitebeards, simply can't imagine him making love with that kind of person.
Even if we assume that Weevil is the product of a very drunken accident, Whitebeard would have done everything he could to take care of him. And Miss Bakkin, who is very greedy, whould have tried everything she could to make profit from Whitebeard while he was still alive. The fact that she is only after his fortune now that he is dead makes her very suspicious.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tribe is a possibility but nothing in One Piece concretely suggests a tribe. WB is tall, but it could just be a normal thing too..

Also, his looks doesn't have to do with my theory... If Kinemon can look like DoFlamingo with a disguise, getting a moustache shouldn't be that dififcult.

Hogback is what makes his strong.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I still don't buy it. Whitebeard founded his own pirate crew specifically because he always wanted a family. It doesn't make any sense for him to have an actual family. Miss Bakkin's personality also doesn't match Whitebeards, simply can't imagine him making love with that kind of person.
Even if we assume that Weevil is the product of a very drunken accident, Whitebeard would have done everything he could to take care of him. And Miss Bakkin, who is very greedy, whould have tried everything she could to make profit from Whitebeard while he was still alive. The fact that she is only after his fortune now that he is dead makes her very suspicious.
Bakkin is manipulative, and her personality may have changed after decades. So it's not difficult for me to imagine that Whitebeard really fell in love with her.

Given Whitebeard obsession with having a family, I can only think she took his son away from him. I would even theorize that's the reason Whitebeard seek a foster family.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
One Piece seems so much like Hunter X Hunter right now... Luffy doesnt know his father, his father wants Luffy to be great but doesnt publicly show affection and Bakkin appears to be a WB's son, just like Netero Isaac and Beyond.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Damn you. Why must you remind me of Hxh in this hiatusdays?

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
One Piece seems so much like Hunter X Hunter right now... Luffy doesnt know his father, his father wants Luffy to be great but doesnt publicly show affection and Bakkin appears to be a WB's son, just like Netero Isaac and Beyond.
Except that it's totally in character for Netero to have a son no one knew about. For Whitebeard its out of character.

I think Weeble looks too alive to be a zombie.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Except that it's totally in character for Netero to have a son no one knew about. For Whitebeard its out of character.

I think Weeble looks too alive to be a zombie.
Weeble isnt a zombie. Absolem wasnt a zombie, just altered to get a beast-like body. I am thinking Absolem is the same, a frankenstein's monster of sorts claiming to be Wb's son....

True on Netero and WB...

keeper1h

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think too that Weeble was made by Hogback, and like others I think that Moriah has already stolen/will steal Whitebeard's corpse to make the most terrible zombie ever.
Maybe some spare parts or the knowledge behind WB's body structure are behind Weeble's strenght?

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont think he will make a corpse. His abilities have a significant weakness, the zombies can easily be undone and thats no longer a secret either.
Unless that weakness is now cured, i dont think it will work for him.

Instead, Weevil is a mix of WB parts, other bodies and some shadows... Maybe Moria is hiding inside Weeble's shadows in the first place and himself add the insane strength.

jackthai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I dont think he will make a corpse. His abilities have a significant weakness, the zombies can easily be undone and thats no longer a secret either.
Unless that weakness is now cured, i dont think it will work for him.

Instead, Weevil is a mix of WB parts, other bodies and some shadows... Maybe Moria is hiding inside Weeble's shadows in the first place and himself add the insane strength.
But how about the mom thing? How did Moria manage to arrange a "mom" for him and just to go after treasures? that's make no sense to me.

Looks like Weeble has a solid purpose, kinda silly but still looks like he wants this so much. To me he is a completely new character and there's no one behind him other than his mom

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont think Mom was important to connect him to WB or explain his bodily strcutre and hence skipped that part.

But one thing is, the zombies always follow orders of Moria's men, not just Moria. That might have passed on to the Mom in this case. She could be his real mom and approached hogback/moria to modify him accordingly.

lionheart8

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Eritrea
what if weeble is son of blackbeard and catarina devon/ but kidnap by mom