Publisher Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings (2009-2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Jump Square (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha)

Does anyone knows the sales for volume 1 of Ao no Exorcist?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Volume 1 did not make the top 30. Since Oricon does not post, or I don't know how to access, the full top 100 at their website I don't know how it sold. For an SQ series, not making the top 30 with volume 1 may not be that big a deal.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

With Nodame, Hagaren and 3gatsu no lion being released, I think some of the series in the top 10 would be push back.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

This certainly is a big month. Three of the top five series have new volumes out. Nodame and FMA both came out this week, I wonder which will have the better first week. From what I've seen Nodame, FMA, and Naruto are all to close to call.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Is there a website in ENGLISH that tells you the number of copies sold per Naruto volume starting from volume 1 and onwards? I'd like to see how well this manga did and compare the sales from Part 1 and part 2. :)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Not that I'm aware of. VIZ claims, on the back cover of recent volumes that there have been 4 million sold. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a bit inflated but whatever. Neilson, the main U.S. book tracking service, does not make sales figures public. That the entire series has barely sold more internationally then the last two volumes sold in Japan shouldn't be a surprise; manga is a niche market outside of Japan but accounts for 80% of printed material within.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

I'm talking about Japanese sales...I know about the international sales because I've got all the Viz's Naruto volumes at home up to Volume 45 :)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

There is no site that I know of with a list that comprehensive in English. Heiji will post total sales at Ritual every now and again, taken from 2CH I would presume. I've never seen a break down of each volume. Last I saw Naruto had sold 84 million copies total putting it in fifth place all time. More then that I can't answer.
 

Weapon_X

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
3,314
Reaction score
2,611
Gender
Male
Country
England
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Wasn't it 90 million volumes? I know the number of volumes it has sold over the last 10 years but this was just of my general interest to see if Part 1 sales was better then Part 2...which single volume through 47 volumes has the highest sales etc. Damn. If it's in Japanese then can you translate it for me? :D And thanks for trying anyway...where is this Heiji site btw?
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Here's the 2008 volume sales for Naruto according to Oricon if it hasn't been posted or if anyone is interested anyway:

# Naruto #43: 1,188,881
# Naruto #42: 1,092,295
# Naruto #44: 821,612
# Naruto #41: 707,447


Sales in general

 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Part 2 is more popular, apparantly. The volumes from 2008 and 2009 have had the highest average sales of the series. It didn't become a million seller till spring of '08. Unless sales went down then up again, stray volumes aside, Naruto is peaking in popularity right now. Or so it seems to me.

I can't speak or read Japanese. I'm no help translating. Ritual Scan Forge will put some sales info up. It's in French.
 

blue123

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Naruto sales peaked during end of part 1 and early part 2, according to the 2ch Jump Log Warehouse. They have risen from their local bottom during the Hidan arc, but they're still not quite at their peak.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Not to take anything away from Naruto, only five series average a million copies per volume. But no, there is absolutely no way a million copies in it's first week, let alone a million and a half.
1. One Piece
2. Naruto
3. Hunter X Hunter (?)
4. FMA
5. (?)

What is the fifth if you don't mind my asking? And I'm not sure about HXH...
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Well according to Tohan/magazine sources, Naruto volumes 41, 44, 45 are all in the 1.5 million bracket roughly.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

1. One Piece
2. Naruto
3. Hunter X Hunter (?)
4. FMA
5. (?)

What is the fifth if you don't mind my asking? And I'm not sure about HXH...
1. One Piece
2. Nana
3 - 5. Nodame Cantobile, Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto

I'm not sure of the exact order but three through five sell really close.
 

blue123

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Probably a few of the top selling manga sell over a million per volume. HxH usually did, but I guess I wouldn't consider that a "current" manga anymore. Bleach does too, over time.

But the top five sellers in Japan are One Piece, Naruto, FMA, Nodame Cantabile, and Nana (not in that order). That's right.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

I short hand them as "million sellers" as new volumes always sell that much by the time next one comes out. Bleach and Hunter x Hunter can take a long time to hit that mark, at least over the last few years.
 

salam-daim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
79
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

one day I find A list for the top ten for the best ongoing manga sell include only the first printing (i am not sure if it's exact) :
1) one piece volume 27 : 2.600.000 copies
2) nana volume 14 : 2.300.000 copies
3) Detective Conan volume 17 : 2.000.000 copies
4) VAGABOND volume volume 15 : 1.800.000 copies
5) NARUTO volume 31 : 1.620.000 copies
6) HUNTER X HUNTER volume 13 : 1.600.000 copies
7) FMA volume 09 : 1.330.000 copies
7) BLEACH volume 25 : 1.330.000 copies
9) nodame cantabile volume 19 : 1.170.000 copies
10) real volume 05 : 1.150.000 copies


this month (august) 6 manga for the top ten will realese :


Shûeisha :

Naruto volume 47



Bleach volume 40




Shogakukan :

Detective Conan volume 65:




Square-Enix :
Full Metal Alchemist volume 23:




kodansha

Nodame Cantabile volume 22:



VAGABOND volume 31 ( I dont have a cover)

its will be a great war :D
 
Last edited:

blue123

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Are you sure all of those are using the same sources? The Shounen Jump ones are from the 2ch Jump Log Warehouse numbers (or something using the same source as the 2ch Jump Log Warehouse).

The Nodame volume in particular seems pretty low, however. I think it's from Oricon's data, maybe?
 
Last edited:

salam-daim

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
79
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings

Are you sure all of those are using the same sources? The Shounen Jump ones are from the 2ch Jump Log Warehouse numbers (or something using the same source as the 2ch Jump Log Warehouse).

The Nodame volume in particular seems pretty low, however. I think it's from Oricon's data, maybe?
this it's another list but its identic ; from our famous francophone reporter heiiji-sama (I salvation this master)


and for Nodame it's a very populare manga from heiji-sama
- Nodame Cantabile : 22 volumes (30 800 000 copies solded)
it's close to 1.400.000 copies per volume
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top