Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Heh, so ch. 70 of Medaka got 1st. I'm not surprised.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Yeah. In this issue of Toriko it said Toriko will be absent next week.
It also said that the total sales of Toriko is at 10 million volumes sold now, for the first 16 volumes.
That was revealed in chapter 163. A big difference compared to chapter 138 when they announced it was at 7.3 million.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

4th Place: Chapter 34 - "Won't Kill Your Life"
3rd Place: Chapter 76 - "My Older Sister Kurokami Kujira"
2nd Place: Chapter 96 - "Because It's My Job!''
1st Place: Chapter 70 - "I Love You"
no surprise at all, besides that the apron vision chapter is missing...

are there more of these infos for other series like bakuman. it's quite interesting to see what japanese people like the most.

PS: yeah 111 posts! ;-)
 

Reith

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Chapter 70 was the result of the character popularity contest.
And one of the greatest scenes of the manga.

Kumagawa and Zenkichi "dying" together
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Chapter 70 was the result of the character popularity contest.
And one of the greatest scenes of the manga.
No, it is not result of the character popularity poll. Plus, that ranking is based on a best battle scene, not a best chapter.
 

Reith

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Oh yeah. I understand, thanks Negative Syndicate.
 

murasakii23

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I was just wondering, is ST&RS the first space manga in Jump? Because I don't think I've ever seen another one >.>

Thanks :3
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I was just wondering, is ST&RS the first space manga in Jump? Because I don't think I've ever seen another one >.>

Thanks :3
I think so, plus there really aren't many space manga in all of manga mangazines.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I think so, plus there really aren't many space manga in all of manga mangazines.
I don't think this is what you meant... but there is of course Space Adventure Cobra.
(takes any excuse to bring up Space Adventure Cobra)
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

[Cross];2650186 said:
I don't think this is what you meant... but there is of course Space Adventure Cobra.
(takes any excuse to bring up Space Adventure Cobra)
Is that more like an action and adventure?

I'm not sure whether muraskii23 meant for manga that about space development or manga that actually takes place in space.

In change of subject, since Enigma is gone, I wonder which series will be taking last place; Kagami going to drop even more to bottom, or; Nurarihyon drops to bottom, or; St&rs returns to last place?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

In change of subject, since Enigma is gone, I wonder which series will be taking last place; Kagami going to drop even more to bottom, or; Nurarihyon drops to bottom, or; St&rs returns to last place?
Or Kurogane dropping at the bottom too, which is unlikely for now (since it will have its first couple of rankings) but possible in the upcoming weeks unless it really did have a nice reception among JUMP voters.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

In change of subject, since Enigma is gone, I wonder which series will be taking last place; Kagami going to drop even more to bottom, or; Nurarihyon drops to bottom, or; St&rs returns to last place?
I'm 99.9% sure ""Kurogane" will be the next bottom dweller and Kagami will probably be a bottom dweller aswell. The latest chapter of Kagami no Kuni had a very sudden development which i can only think that either

a.) The next couple of rankings for the series were really bad
b.) Kano is trying hard to beat out Nisekoi

I also don't think Kagami has had any Echhi since.... chapter 12, which i thought was very enjoyable but the following chapters weren't that great.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what i've read on the internet, the initial reception for the new gag series "Pakki" has been pretty terrible.

- "The oneshot wasn't interesting at all"
- "Whats Pakki?"
- "Cancelled in 10 weeks"
- "Pakki is getting serialised? That thing was actually popular?"

And other comparisons about Inumaru, Sket and Gintama being better and not needing another comedy.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I'm 99.9% sure ""Kurogane" will be the next bottom dweller and Kagami will probably be a bottom dweller aswell. The latest chapter of Kagami no Kuni had a very sudden development which i can only think that either

a.) The next couple of rankings for the series were really bad
b.) Kano is trying hard to beat out Nisekoi

I also don't think Kagami has had any Echhi since.... chapter 12, which i thought was very enjoyable but the following chapters weren't that great.
Then, what is your explanation on Kurogane?
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Then, what is your explanation on Kurogane?
I just don't find any of it appealing really. The art isn't that great, the characters aren't that great, the character development isn't that great. I also don't remember but does the protagonist even have a goal? Sorry if i sounded rude Kurogane fans.

The author has also picked up alot of haters due to the comments he said on his twitter. Of course most likely only a small fraction of the constant voters in Jump probably even know about that though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently the series "Nisekoi" will have two main Heroines, unlike the oneshot which only has one.

I'm not sure if this is true though, but confirmation should be made in 20hours when the Preview of the next issue is posted on the Shounen Jump site.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Apparently the series "Nisekoi" will have two main Heroines, unlike the oneshot which only has one..
that is interesting... Komi never did any real love triangles before, so wonder how it'll turn out. Though I'd personally like with him sticking to just one couple since I feel that's what he does best. But I guess it's better for giving more of a plot.


as for Kurogane, I don't think it's that bad, and it's been able to keep me reading it every week, but at the same time, I don't see it becoming much of a hit or anything great.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Has anyone read this week Bakuman?

Without spoiling anything, an editor says: To have them publish once a month a month in a weekly magazine is favoritism!

Cough Togashi.. Level E cough..
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

WSJ 48 Preview:
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Hmm, I can see Komi changed his art style a bit compared to his previous works. Although I'm not sure whether I like his new style or not. His old one had a certain touch to it, but this one is more mainstream, even though I like it just as much as his old one.
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

One Piece is #1 sale. #2 goes to Naruto plus Top 50 listing. Bleach got #5
http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51834493.html

Nikkei: Original story...
You're late on the pick-up. I don't know if you knew it or not, but there's a post in more detail regarding that:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-05/top-50-manga-creators-by-sales-since-2010

WSJ 48 Preview:
The series for 'Nisekoi' may have two heroines, but the idea of it being a love triangle is still vague. The woman in the left may be Raku's younger sister, or something between those lines; a cousin, maybe?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top