Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Kurogane in the top five!!! As long as the author can keep this momentum up I don't see it tanking considering it has steadily increased in rank as it's progressed. And Nisekoi is fantastic!! I didn't notice that it was it's first ranking till halfway through the comments.

Hunter x Hunter not going on hiatus is great news for the fans :D bad news for the bottom five. Means two to three of them will be going in a few weeks.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

First Chapter Rankings for Current Series (Does not include Jaguar/Oneshots and includes CP's)

One Piece ------- 6th Place out of 19 Series
HunterxHunter - 6th Place out of 16 Series
Naruto ----------- 7th Place out of 19 Series
Bleach ------------ 6th Place out of 20 Series
Gintama --------- 14th Place out of 19 Series
Reborn! --------- 12th Place out of 18 Series
Sket Dance ----- 17th Place out of 17 Series
Mago ------------- 6th Place out of 22 Series
Toriko ------------ 4th Place out of 19 Series
Bakuman ------- 14th Place out of 19 Series
Inumaru -------- 10th Place out of 20 Series
Kuroko ---------- 5th Place out of 19 Series
Beelzebub ----- 6th Place out of 20 Series
Medaka Box -- 10th Place out of 18 Series
Magico --------- 10th Place out of 20 Series
ST&RS ----------- 6th Place out of 20 Series
Harisugawa ---- 7th Place out of 20 Series
Kurogane ------- 7th Place out of 20 Series
Nisekoi -----------5th Place out of 21 Series
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Good for nisekoi, here's hoping that it stays high :wtf it's a refreshing series.
another great sket dance chapter for it to rank so high :thumbs
kagami is low...again? I don't think it'll be long but we'll see..

I've been saying this for almost every week but..

NURA :yelling
:bored
 

Krono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
855
Reaction score
692
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Why are people saying that Nisekoi is now ranked? The chapter for this issue should be chapter 8, and according to this:

- For the 2nd-8th chapters, TOC is already decided, though it could change depends on readers' ranking.
- The TOC is affected by the popularity of 8 chapter ago.
from the first post in this thread, chapter 8 would not be a ranked chapter. It shouldn't be ranked until next issue, which is of course a color page, meaning we won't see how it's actually ranked until chapter 10.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It's often debated whether it's 7 or 8 chapters. In my opinion, the first ranked chapter is Chapter 8 (this is where most series sink to rock bottom, and popular new series always get a celebratory color page for Chapter 9), so the TOC is affected by 7 chapters ago. People usually get confused by the math (8-1=7).
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

First Chapter Rankings for Current Series (Does not include Jaguar/Oneshots and includes CP's)

One Piece ------- 6th Place out of 19 Series
HunterxHunter - 6th Place out of 16 Series
Naruto ----------- 7th Place out of 19 Series
Bleach ------------ 6th Place out of 20 Series
Gintama --------- 14th Place out of 19 Series
Reborn! --------- 12th Place out of 18 Series
Sket Dance ----- 17th Place out of 17 Series
Mago ------------- 6th Place out of 22 Series
Toriko ------------ 4th Place out of 19 Series
Bakuman ------- 14th Place out of 19 Series
Inumaru -------- 10th Place out of 20 Series
Kuroko ---------- 5th Place out of 19 Series
Beelzebub ----- 6th Place out of 20 Series
Medaka Box -- 10th Place out of 18 Series
Magico --------- 10th Place out of 20 Series
ST&RS ----------- 6th Place out of 20 Series
Harisugawa ---- 7th Place out of 20 Series
Kurogane ------- 7th Place out of 20 Series
Nisekoi -----------5th Place out of 21 Series
well, do you know how about d gray man? I know it is from jump sq, I'm just curious :)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

well, do you know how about d gray man? I know it is from jump sq, I'm just curious :)
It was 12th out of 19 series.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

As happy as I am that HXH isn't going on hiatus, didn't the last time it run it went to chapter 311? So in that regard wouldn't 331 be the place this stretch of chapters goes?

I'd really love to believe that Togashi is returning to a semi-normal schedule, but the lack of announced tanks and the fact that this (awesome) arc seems to be wrapping up seems to suggest that a hiatus is on the way. At least I hope with the anime on air, Togashi feels more inclined to not disappear for nearly two years.

Nice to see Sket and Gintama doing really well though. I probably will never read Nisekoi because of my hatred of romance manga, but I always enjoy seeing a returning artist hit their stride the second time around. Hopefully it outlasts Double Arts.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

As happy as I am that HXH isn't going on hiatus, didn't the last time it run it went to chapter 311? So in that regard wouldn't 331 be the place this stretch of chapters goes?
Last time, it was serialized from chapter 291 to 310. A chapter 311 is where Togashi resumed in this year.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Last time, it was serialized from chapter 291 to 310. A chapter 311 is where Togashi resumed in this year.
Oh okay. So then I guess we're in the clear for at least a few more weeks. I figure he wants to wrap up this arc and then go on hiatus. Good for us, but I hope he returns soon.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Oh okay. So then I guess we're in the clear for at least a few more weeks. I figure he wants to wrap up this arc and then go on hiatus. Good for us, but I hope he returns soon.
Chapter 330 will be the last of volume 31 so there will be at least ten more chapters. Chapters 331 - 340 will be volume 32.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Chapter 330 will be the last of volume 31 so there will be at least ten more chapters. Chapters 331 - 340 will be volume 32.
Oh sweet. 10 more weeks of Hunter? Can't ask for more than that. Oh well I guess we could ask for normal weekly releases, but this IS Togashi we're talking about.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Thirty chapters in a row is quite the treat, any more and I'd feel spoiled.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Sure but other WSJ authors do around 50 weeks or so, give or take.

Nah, I'm just being an ass. I know what you mean. I do wonder how this will affect cuts though? Cause no one figured Togashi would actually keep the ball rolling this time around. I really hope that he's going to do a new thing where he does whole arcs before going on hiatus. I could tolerate that a bit more than being left hanging in the middle of an arc for a year. I loved the ants arc, but the hiatuses were a strain.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Nah, I'm just being an ass. I know what you mean. I do wonder how this will affect cuts though? Cause no one figured Togashi would actually keep the ball rolling this time around. I really hope that he's going to do a new thing where he does whole arcs before going on hiatus. I could tolerate that a bit more than being left hanging in the middle of an arc for a year. I loved the ants arc, but the hiatuses were a strain.
That means another series will be axed along with St&rs. So far, I think the next candidates are Magico and Kagami.
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

January Tankobons:

ST&RS 2
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! 37
Bakuman 16
Kagami no Panty no Harisugawa

Unrelated:

Otter11
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I'm purchasing all of those new Jump Comics. I didn't intent to buy ST&RS #2 but I just couldn't say no to that cover :D

I also think that 3 of the current series will be cancelled with 3 new series coming in. These are my predictions:
Issue #9 - ST&RS
Issue #10 - Magico or Harisugawa (Leaning towards Magico)
Issue #11 - Nurarihyon no Mago

Even with Mago's high sales I still think it will be cancelled. Series that have sold better have still been cancelled like Busou Renkin, Shaman King, Jigoku Sensei Nube, Saint Seiya and Kimagure Orange Road. Aditionally, with the way it has been ranking over a year without making it into the top 10 of the TOC, not having a Lead CP since mid-2010 coupled with the Anime now over and the Author becoming a father, I just can't see it going on any longer.

As a fan of Mago, I do hope I am wrong.
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I know where you're getting from. I also like the covers form ST&RS 1 and 2 to such great extent! Also, I, too, am a Mago fan, though I feel like it's becoming, or rather, becoming unbecoming, if you know what I mean.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Sparkles, Sparkles everywhere! Besides Kagami and Otter11, all of the new Jan tanks are so colorful xD

hum, i don't meant to be an ass but i honestly prefer HxH continuing to seeing a series being 'saved' from the cut
 

Krono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
855
Reaction score
692
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It's often debated whether it's 7 or 8 chapters. In my opinion, the first ranked chapter is Chapter 8 (this is where most series sink to rock bottom, and popular new series always get a celebratory color page for Chapter 9), so the TOC is affected by 7 chapters ago. People usually get confused by the math (8-1=7).
Ah. So in other words there's room for debate, and instead of erring on the side of caution, some people are choosing to err on the side of possibly premature celebration.

Seeing as we've got cases like Sengoku Armors where it was doing well in the mid range at chapter 8, and tanked at chapter 9, or ST&RS, where it got a color page at chapters 7 and 11, and proceeded to tank very hard at 12, I think I'll err on the side of caution and assume Nisekoi is not ranked yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top