Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Maybe it's a fake TOC!

No High Kyuu this week? It just started 2 weeks ago. So I think no way it could be absent this week @@
The ToC isn't fake, it's ohana and her tripcode ^^ She probably forgot Hq, it happens.
 

_Knight_

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Alright, I found it, HQ is in 9th place, between Beelzebub and Bleach
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Hmmmm, it looks like Magico is in trouble now; we'll see if the two new series become cushion for Magico or not.

Also, when I read recent chapter for HxH, I feel like Togashi is trying to wrap up the series.
 

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Kurogane so high and Magico so low, those Japanese really know what to think ...

medaka are now filling with color output for the soul, but someone who follows him, can you tell me if it is ending?

pakki now I see him in a bad way, while nisekoi going great, when the first volume should be out?
 

Haato

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
64
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Another Medaka color?♥ I approve! I like animes! they get series lots of color pages!! :D
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

medaka are now filling with color output for the soul, but someone who follows him, can you tell me if it is ending?
It is not ending, yet.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Hmmmm, it looks like Magico is in trouble now; we'll see if the two new series become cushion for Magico or not.

Also, when I read recent chapter for HxH, I feel like Togashi is trying to wrap up the series.
I dunno. I feel like it could go either way at this point for HXH. There's still a lot that hasn't been touched in the series yet, but the tone of the raw seems to suggest that the series could end in two chapters. I hope not since I remember Togashi mentioning after the ants arc he has two or three more to go.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I dunno. I feel like it could go either way at this point for HXH. There's still a lot that hasn't been touched in the series yet, but the tone of the raw seems to suggest that the series could end in two chapters. I hope not since I remember Togashi mentioning after the ants arc he has two or three more to go.
Yeah, it could continue. However, the main goal for this series is search for Jin and it is fulfilled, so I wonder if Togashi is planning to make new goal for the series.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Yeah, it could continue. However, the main goal for this series is search for Jin and it is fulfilled, so I wonder if Togashi is planning to make new goal for the series.
Could be. It kind of feels like it's moving to another stage. Now that Gon's search for his Dad is over, he can start being a Hunter for himself. Up until now he's just been following through his Dad's footsteps, so it would be nice to see the story develop with him making choices for himself.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Could be. It kind of feels like it's moving to another stage. Now that Gon's search for his Dad is over, he can start being a Hunter for himself. Up until now he's just been following through his Dad's footsteps, so it would be nice to see the story develop with him making choices for himself.
Yeah, it could go this way. However, the main problem is the author, himself.

Is Togashi really want to have another arc for this series? I still remember how he ended YuYuHakusho. Even by looking at Level E, I feel like Togashi is kind of ending his series whenever he wants.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Yeah, it could go this way. However, the main problem is the author, himself.

Is Togashi really want to have another arc for this series? I still remember how he ended YuYuHakusho. Even by looking at Level E, I feel like Togashi is kind of ending his series whenever he wants.
Yeah....that is a problem. Togashi isn't really the sort of guy to continue something if he's bored with it I suppose. The fact that Volume 31 is coming out in April also makes me wonder if the only reason why we're getting a volume during serialization period is because the series is coming to an end soon. It's a shame someone with a brilliant series such as this would really end it on a whim, but Togashi doesn't have a great track record at all. (Even though he did promise in the first tank not to give up, lol.)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Yeah....that is a problem. Togashi isn't really the sort of guy to continue something if he's bored with it I suppose. The fact that Volume 31 is coming out in April also makes me wonder if the only reason why we're getting a volume during serialization period is because the series is coming to an end soon. It's a shame someone with a brilliant series such as this would really end it on a whim, but Togashi doesn't have a great track record at all. (Even though he did promise in the first tank not to give up, lol.)
I remember saying that Togashi isn't a person who want to do a long series; I think he perfer to do middle-length series. Togashi said he suddenly ended YYH because the editors want to extend the series; I also remember he saying that he didn't want HxH to be this long as well.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

I remember saying that Togashi isn't a person who want to do a long series; I think he perfer to do middle-length series. Togashi said he suddenly ended YYH because the editors want to extend the series; I also remember he saying that he didn't want HxH to be this long as well.
Really? Where did you see that? I read an interview he had with Oda that said he wanted to do three or four more arcs. Though I can imagine that since he does end his works abruptly most of the time.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Really? Where did you see that? I read an interview he had with Oda that said he wanted to do three or four more arcs. Though I can imagine that since he does end his works abruptly most of the time.
That story kind of spread long time ago, so I can't say where I found it. But many people are saying that.

Can you provide the source where you find the interview?
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

Hmmmm, it looks like it was recent, so maybe there going to couple more arcs.
Then again he could have decided more arcs is too much work. It's not strange to think Mangaka decide to lengthen or shorten a story because they changed their mind on what they want to convey. It's just more often than not we only hear about how 'Oh man, that story ended up going a lot longer than I wanted it to.'
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

It could be that togashi wants to end hxh before DQX comes out. (on other news vol 28 is coming to usa/uk :))
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

i would prefer a good ending over a long extended series just for the sake of making money, besides if he needs a extra 100 chapters foor the next acrs could this keep us waiting till 5-10 years.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2

:wtf
Kurogane #4 awwwww
Really glad, it's doing soo well. I'm kind of curious though, it ranks so well but tankobon sales aren't very amazing. Not like they're bad >.<

Bakuman getting higher, as expected :3
Oricon charts the total number of books shipped to retailers rather than the number of books sold to customers. Because Kurogane is a debut series retailers are keeping orders low as the gauge demand. As long as Kurogane polls well Shueisha will ignore book sales, at some point they will increase to meet demand. It took Sket Dance years to sell what it does now. It seems that retailers are slow to increase stock of new titles unless a proven mangaka is involved.

Alright, I found it, HQ is in 9th place, between Beelzebub and Bleach
HQ is not ranked. This is only the second chapter, the editors placed it in the middle of the magazine.

I dunno. I feel like it could go either way at this point for HXH. There's still a lot that hasn't been touched in the series yet, but the tone of the raw seems to suggest that the series could end in two chapters. I hope not since I remember Togashi mentioning after the ants arc he has two or three more to go.
As soon as Ging and Gon met I got the feeling HxH was ending. As

I agree with Negative Syndicate: the main goal of the series has been fulfilled. There are major loose ends but YuYu is notorious for having a forced ending. There is no reason to believe that he will not rush the end of HxH too. I hope it lasts but I do not have a good feeling. I've read enough of these interviews not to put much credence into what mangaka say. I recall Kishi saying something about a Kakashi arc coming after the Sasuke arc. If HxH does end in March, Magico's fate rests in how many series the editors feel are ready. If they have three titles ready to go I think it is the end of Magico.

Just read the new chapter. Not to spoil but I no longer believe the series is ending. I kind of see where Togashi is headed with this.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top