Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animeace

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
371
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hunter in the bottom 5 again not surprised been boring guess if it continues to tank it will go on Hiatus again. Looking like St&rs will be the first to bight it now if Enigma can just hang in there a little longer.
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hunter is almost always low ranked because of the hiatuses, causing it to have most of its audience getting the volumes. I really think the recent events have been amazing, though.

Even though Kuroko is getting an anime it still dwells at that 5th or so spot. Perhaps once the anime starts it'll do a little better.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
So Hungry Joker win this year's Golden Future Cup. Hungry Joker isn't bad, but I hoped Murahagane to win.
 

calimike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
349
Reaction score
422
Gender
Male
Country
United States
515 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/10/19(水) 18:17:57.10 ID:ahLlaE2kO

表紙ブリーチ
巻頭ブリーチ
ナルト
ワンピ
トリコ
ぎんたま
スケット
クロガネ
リボン
競技ダンス部C
バクマン
めだか
いぬまる
べるぜC
マジコ
ぬらり
鏡の国
黒子
こち亀
ハンター
エニグマ
スターズ


47号 トリコ巻頭
クロガネ C
バクマン C
 

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
:ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/10/19(水) 18:17:57.10 ID:ahLlaE2kO

表紙ブリーチ
巻頭ブリーチ
ナルト
ワンピ
トリコ
きんたま
スケット
クロガネ
リボン
競技ダンス部C
バクマン
めだか
いぬまる
べるぜC
マジコ
ぬらり
鏡の国
黒子
こち亀
ハンター
エニグマ
スターズ


47号 トリコ巻頭
クロガネ C
バクマン C
Jump #46 (24/10) :
Bleach (Cover & Lead Color Page)
Naruto
One Piece
Toriko
Gintama
Sket Dance
Kurogane (First Rank)
Reborn!
Welcome to the Competitive Dance Club (Color Page, One Shot, 47 pg.)
Bakuman
Medaka Box
Inumaru Dashi
Beelzebub (Color Page)
Magico
Nurarihyon no Mago
Harisugawa in Mirror world
Kuroko no Basket
Kochikame
Hunter x Hunter
Enigma
ST&RS

#47:
Lead CP: Toriko
CP: Bakuman, Kurogane (25 pg.)

Extra Pages: Kuroko no Basket
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
WSJ #46 Pure rankings:

01. Naruto (~c552)
02. One Piece (~c635)
03. Toriko (~c154)

04. Gintama (~c366)
05. Sket Dance (~c198)
06. Kurogane (~c01)
07. Reborn! (~c349)
08. Bakuman (~c145)
09. Medaka Box (~c111)
10. Inumaru Dashi (~c144)
11. Magico (~c24)
12. Nurarihyon no Mago (~c167)
13. Harisugawa in Mirror world (~c07)
14. Kuroko no Basket (~c130)
15. Kochikame
16. Hunter x Hunter
17. Enigma (~c46)
18. ST&RS (~c08)


Competitive Dance Club is a Oneshoot and thus not ranked
Bleach (~c461), Beelzebub (~c121) not ranked due to having a Color Page

Yes, I am including Kochikame and HxH now. While neither will likely get canceled, their positions in ToC make it unlikely that it is not affected by the ranking system. But even if they aren't in danger, WSJ will probably be a little bit more kind to series that rank better than those in Bottom 5 than if they rank worse.
Also added the "~" symbol behind chapter numbers to make sure that it is not necessary that exact chapter that is ranked. Might make some less happy to complain about the "8 chapters" rule.

P.S. I just remembered hearing once how Kochikame is not even offered as an option in questionaries. Can anyone confirm this?
 
Last edited:

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure about the ranking of the other One Shots in Golden Cup, the image is too blurry for me.
Someone?
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Haha =D It was obvious the chapter with
Sasuke
would take first place (I counted 8 chapter...560-559-558-557-556-555-554-553)
 

Reith

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What a good start to Kurogane, but St&rs also have the same and now is dead last.
 

Sky Render

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
1,404
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
What's up with Magico being so high alluvasudden... and Harisugawa is going down. Oh well, might be just an one-chapter downfall.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nice TOC. Naruto taking the #1 spot should be no surprise. Don't believe the Kurogane will stay in the top 10 for long. Reborn slipped to 7th this week while Bakuman remains in 9th (dammit). Glad Magico and Mago avoided the bottom this week with Harisugawa behind them. Though I think it will rebound. Poor ST&RS I really don't want it to get cancelled, its good and it really just needs more time to gain more fans.
 

Sayaendo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
50
Reaction score
11
Gender
Male
Country
Palau
Man, I really want to read Hungry Joker now. Still no translation for that one?
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I;m sort of surprised Kurogane is doing well. I mean it isn;t bad or anything, but I figured with Kuroko now being the big JUMP sports series, interest in a replacement would have died down. It;s cool though, and hopefully the series will continue to get better.

And I guess Magico's low rankings over the last few weeks really was just the readers utterly despising that one story arc(I did too). I personally don;t think it;s really improved enough to go all the way back to the safe zone, but at this point at least one or two of the newer series need to live, and it will probably get better.

Everything else on the rankings is kind of where it should be surprisingly.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One Piece and Toriko in the top 3 as it should be. Sket Dance seems to be making a home in the top 5 which makes me really happy. Bakuman seems to have bounced back from its lull in quality. Magico has risen too and saved itself from getting killed in the process. Of course I'm mainly happy about Medaka's continued stability in the middle ranks as of late.

St&rs and Enigma are the next ones to go from the looks of it. Also figures that just as I start reading Harusigawa it goes and starts declining in rank. Should have just waited a year like I was intending from the start. Kurogane starts high but whether it stays there or levels off remains to be seen.

I'll be happy with the Bakuman and Toriko colors next week.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
It's not that bad. The chapter that was ranked was actually a pretty slow chapter, so it's understandable. But the fact that it barely missed the bottom 5 says something. Because I would think that chapter might probably be in the bottom 5 or maybe should have been in bottom 5. I think Harisugawa has a steady fanbase as of now.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I couldn't care less about the TOC... HUNGRY JOKER, f*ck yeah!!! I was sooo totally rooting for the series but I had a feeling that Murahagane and WOLF x RED had better feedback around 2ch and the likes. But damn, now I'm so happy and thrilled.

Congrats to this well deserved victory. I hope it will make a great series, it's got the potential to do so!
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Kurogane!! It's a solid sports series with potential. Has more mass appeal than Stars which sadly doesn't seem like it'll rise :(
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The TOC looks fine to me, happy to see Medaka and Mago out of the bottom. Both definitely deserve a good ranking, the last few chapters were quite entertaining.
Happy about Sket Dance as well, I started the series recently and I'm enjoying it a lot!

Sad to see ST&RS and Enigma so low, both are pretty much goners now. Enigma's latest chapters already pointed towards the end and I have very little hope for ST&RS to revocer.

I don't read Harisugawa and Kurogane but if they should be able to have a consistent good ranking I might try them.

And I want to read Hungry Joker now :oh
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
It looks like Magico slowly recovers to his old ranking from struggle in bottom 5.

It looks like both Enigma and St&rs in danger, but in story-wise, I don't see St&rs is heading toward the ending. Enigma is heading toward the end of its story, but I don't see the St&rs author trying to wrap up the story. Maybe the fate of St&rs will be determined on number of new series; if there going to be three new series, then St&rs going to axed for sure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top