Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What about Badminton??!! I'd love to see that since it's my country's national sport. And hopefully someone can come up with an inspiring one like Slam Dunk did for basketball. Hopefully that'll help with the regeneration of our badminton athletes. (I've read Smash!! but it focuses more on romance than the sport itself.)
There is one finished sport manga, which is on ongoing Edited Manga status atm:

Smash


Regards,

TemplateR
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Issue #08
Naruto has the cover

Enigma (Lead CP)
One Piece
Gintama
Naruto (Cover)
Reborn
Toriko (CP)
Sket Dance
Beelzebub
Kaizou Ningen Rogii (CP)
Bakuman
Kochikame (CP)
Hokenshitsu no Shinagami
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
Inumaru Dash
Nurarihyon no Mago
Tonari no Masami-chan
Medaka Box
Kuroko no Basuke
Light Wing

Next issue #9, One Piece gets the lead CP
It appears Bleach is missing. Ohana probably forgot. Apparently Bleach really is on break this week, possibly because Kubo is sick.

Yay for Oumagadoki Doubutsuen not being in the bottom 5!!! :yay I am really happy for it. It deserves this.

Would be nice if Nurarihyon no Mago could do likewise and get out of there (5th from bottom [counting the one-shot], almost out, Mago!) :darn

I'm looking forward to the Enigma and Toriko color pages~! And One Piece's next week!
 
Last edited:

Zangetsu01

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
118
Reaction score
749
Gender
Male
Country
France
It appears Bleach is missing. Ohana probably forgot.
Ohana said in the 2ch Bleach Thread that Bleach is missing...
Kubo said on Twitter last week that he had a bad flu or something like that, which could explain the absence...
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
That's odd :/ I thought that typically the authors would have drawn 2 weeks ahead (you learn things like this from Bakuman~ :amuse), so that things like sudden absences (that were not mentioned in the previous issue) because of sickness or something won't happen... Oh wells, may he get well soon, if it is really the case...
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I am really starting to believe that this year not a lot of series will be introduced. WSJ's magazine sales have gotten better last year. There is a lot of competition between the series (eg reborn vs medaka last week and this week). Psyren and SWOT got axed without an batch of new series. Some new series can still come without axes or just one like light wing.

Furthermore: the new ToC triggered my attention -> last seeded series have a prominent presence in that ToC.

This makes me believe there is a change of mentality
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
That seems to be the case.
Doesn't Gintama generally do worse in reader polls when it's running humorous chapters with little to no action, too?
It's actually the opposite. Gintama does worse when it's in a serious arc. And the consensus on 2ch is that the longer arcs are pretty boring. Although the most recent one was pretty well recieved at least.


Gin's been doing unusually well these last few weeks though. 8 weeks ago....that would be...oh. The psuedo One piece parody time skip arc I think? Makes sense.


That's odd :/ I thought that typically the authors would have drawn 2 weeks ahead (you learn things like this from Bakuman~ :amuse), so that things like sudden absences (that were not mentioned in the previous issue) because of sickness or something won't happen... Oh wells, may he get well soon, if it is really the case...

I can imagine the publisher deciding to hold a chapter back to keep from having one less out. I mean lets say Kubo doesn't draw anything this week because he's sick. So then it would make sense to hold one back and have two later, than to run one this week and risk him being sick two, and having to make up for that two weeks later. Or something. Either way, I hope he gets better, even if I don't particularily care for the direction the story is going in.
 
Last edited:

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
If I remember correctly in this number Oumagadoki Doubutsuen and Nurarihyon no Mago have a special chapter composed by 23 pages. But says nothing from Ohana.

I'm shocked by the position of Kuroko, as well as Medaka, really really bad this week :(
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I'm thinking that new series going to begin at March, since One Piece going to take over Jump during this February. How others think about my prediction?
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nooo Medaka you are doing it wrong this week. Hopefully it bounces back next week.

Sket in the top 5 is my consolation prize I guess. Oh and the Toriko color along with Bakuman in the middle too.

OD finally gets out of the bottom 5 for the first time. Talk about a long ass time.

But unlike OD Mago is still lingering this week.
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
What series have the color page next week, apart from One Piece?
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hey those two series in yellow are one-shots right, why does only one get a CP? I mean usually even if there are many one-shots all of them get color maybe not lead but color at least? And Kubo did not announce his break it must have happened over the week. Anyway good ToC Enigma is getting awarded a Lead CP thanks to the good ratings it got for weeks. And Gintama seems to have gotten it self near the top again.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Medaka is getting color on next week.
Really? That relieves my worry about the low ranking.

Is there an announcement to go with the color page next week? This is around the time you'd normally hear about an anime announcement...

On another note, it's nice to see Reborn back in the high rankings
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
What series have the color page next week, apart from One Piece?
Medaka and Sket Dance are getting color page next week, but I'm not sure there going to be another one shot.

Is there an announcement to go with the color page next week? This is around the time you'd normally hear about an anime announcement...
It didn't say anything, so I assume it is just regular color page.


It is confirmed that their going to be another one shot on next issue. One shot is called 'Enma Gavel' by Shibata Yuusaku, one of runner up of 5th Golden Future Cup.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope Kubo is doing well, am really missing my Bleach this week. Am really glad where Reborn! is positioned right now.

I'm thinking that new series going to begin at March, since One Piece going to take over Jump during this February. How others think about my prediction?
Nah am thinking April that a we will see a new series or two. And who says One Piece will take over Jump this February? I think it will be Naruto.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Nah am thinking April that a we will see a new series or two. And who says One Piece will take over Jump this February? I think it will be Naruto.
They already announced One Piece will like be on every cover through February and on the covers of most magazines own by the company that owns Jump.
 

Josl

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Yes One Piece will be all cover in februray, but for other magazine, it will be one piece draw by other mangaka.
And for jump, yes next week it's cover draw by Oda, but for the next jump, i will be no surprise if other mangaka draw one piece cover for jump.
Well thats news to me. Is it known which mangaka are going to draw an One Piece cover or if it will be only mangakas from WSJ or also from different magazines?
I'm always psyched to see when mangaka draw characters from another manga that isn't theirs
 
Last edited:

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Three points:

1. I'm really glad KHR is recovering after a tough couple of weeks. The fluctuating ranking confirms what I've been thinking about the mentality of the fandom but that's for another day. :p

2. Kubo might be better now so it was only the week of the deadline he was sick. Right now he's probably working on the manuscript that will be published in the next few weeks. Even a weekly newsmagazine like Time is not necessarily up-to-date with what's going on exactly at this moment.

3. I love seeing representations of a character drawn by a different mangaka so I can't wait to see the OP covers next month!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top