Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I organize the total tank sales for some of Shonen Jump series:

Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo (1~169) = 142,000,000
One Piece (1~61) = 220,000,000
Hunter x Hunter (1~27) = 50,080,000
Naruto (1~51) = 100,400,000
Bleach (1~48) = 68,000,000
Gintama (1~37) = 33,000,000
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (1~26) = 21,000,000
Sket Dance (1~16) = 5,000,000
Nurarihyon no Mago (1~14) = 7,400,000
Toriko (1~13) = 5,500,000
Bakuman。 (1~10) = 7,000,000
Inumarudashii (1~6) = 600,000
Kuroko no Basket (1~11) = 3,500,000
Beelzebub (1~9) = 3,100,000
 
Last edited by a moderator:

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Wow, good stuff Negative Syndicate, thx for doing and sharing this.

So Naruto;s 1 to 51 volumes are over 100 million, cool <3 No surprises in 1Piece, though xd
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Is the RAW for the Yu Gi Oh one shot out yet?
 
Last edited:

isis1991

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Egypt
Well, even if I don't find the entire 19 pages of the zexal special chapter scanned, I'll be enough satisfied with having even only its colored page, since I'm......well.....ygo lover (don't throw rocks at me. xD)
 
Last edited:

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,758
Reaction score
17,725
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Well, even if I don't find the entire 19 pages of the zexal special chapter scanned, I'll be enough satisfied with having even only its colored page, since I'm......well.....ygo lover (don't throw rocks at me. xD)
 

isis1991

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Egypt
Yeah, I know it's that one. It was shown in SYJB's show. I mean to have it scanned when it's out, since noone will handle scanning all 19 pages. It's too much of a burden. Although I'll have to find out what connection this special chapter will have with the ranks in VJ. I guess it'll be something like the 10th anniversary movie - introducing the main villain, which will appear further in the anime. (don't pay me attention. xD just thinking.)
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
I organize the total tank sales for some of Shonen Jump series:

Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo (1~169) = 142,000,000
One Piece (1~61) = 220,000,000
Hunter x Hunter (1~27) = 50,080,000
Naruto (1~51) = 100,400,000
Bleach (1~48) = 68,000,000
Gintama (1~37) = 33,000,000
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (1~26) = 21,000,000
Sket Dance (1~16) = 5,000,000
Nurarihyon no Mago (1~14) = 7,400,000
Toriko (1~13) = 5,500,000
Bakuman。 (1~10) = 7,000,000
Inumarudashii (1~6) = 600,000
Kuroko no Basket (1~11) = 3,500,000
Beelzebub (1~9) = 3,100,000
Nice to see that Hunter x Hunter would have around the same total tank sales as Naruto, if it had the same amount of volumes.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I'm actually kinda surprised at how little Beelzebub has sold. I was always under the impression that it was very popular despite its age, and hence sold a considerable amount. Bakuman with just 1 volume more has more than twice the sales of Beelzebub! :o I guess this is the effect of having the Death Note duo working on Bakuman.

The difference in sales between Mago and Toriko despite only having a 1 volume difference is most likely the effect of the anime, but I imagine that with such heavy pimping, Toriko will be closing the gap very soon :)
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Thanks :tem.
Is there anywhere we can find what the actual sales for various series are :sweat?
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Heiji-sama can probably give a more definitive answer, but I don't think there are any, or at least not for some series, because Oricon only started counting in a certain year (I forget which). I'm not sure if there are any records from before that to say how many copies a series actually sold. Meaning, the only numbers we have would be how many copies were printed.

Again, I might be totally wrong about this so don't quote me on it :p
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Well, it might not be entirely accurate for newer series, but for older series (like, let's say, ones that started 5~10 years ago, and/or ones that has printed for 15+ volumes), the copies-printed figure is pretty close to the actual sales, since it's unlikely for the publisher to print more than they believe that can be sold (and, not to mention the ~65535 prior prints that has already been sold on the older volumes).


Jump Next's page has been updated.

There are now murmurs going on in 2ch that one of the featured "newbie" (with center color page), Saeki Shun, is in fact the h-mangaka "tosh" (who actually won a rookie's award from the adult manga magazine Kairakuten.
 
Last edited:

Len1k

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2010
Messages
56
Reaction score
111
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Bottom 4 :

Medaka Box
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Nurarihyon no Mago
Omagadoki Dobutsuen
mangahideout [URL=http://img203.ima...mageshack.us/img203/198/photo1sw.th.jpg[/IMG]

Shonen Jump 20-21 Information :


One Piece (Lead Color)
Magico, Toriko (Color)
Haruichi Furudate / Hq!! (Oneshot, 47p, Color)
 
Last edited:

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Bottom 4 :

Medaka Box
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Nurarihyon no Mago
Omagadoki Dobutsuen
www.mangahideout.com


Shonen Jump 20 Information :

One Piece (Lead Color)
Magico, Toriko (Color)
Haruichi Furudate / Hq!! (Oneshot, 47p, Color)
from what I can make out from the image, looks like Meruhen is at bottom 5, and Dios Sol is right above....
not a good situation for the two new series that are now being ranked....

but Magico is going to get a color! that's great news, though I won't celebrate yet.....
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The picture's blurry so I can't read the page numbers so I can't tell where the stuff with color pages are.
But Naruto has the cover and Beelzebub has the opening color. Apparantly Toriko, Gintama and Sket Dance all have color pages. Making a total of 5 mangas with color pages of some sort.

The regular order of the rest is:
1. One Piece
2. Bakuman
3. Magico
4. Bleach
5. Senkoku ARMORS
6. Kuroko no Basuke
7. Inumaru Dashi
8. Enigma
9. Kateikyoushi Hitman REBORN
10. Kochikame
11. Dois Sol
12. Marchen Ouji Grimm
13. Medaka Box
14. Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
15. Nurarihyon no Mago
16. Omagadoki Doubutsuen

The status of the new series seems pretty clear at this point. Dois Sol seems to be doing enough to not get canceled, but Magico seems to be doing really well. It's ranked this week, isn't it? Or is the first one next week?
 
Last edited:

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Does anyone know how many chapter of Enigma are out as of this coming issue?
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
The picture's blurry so I can't read the page numbers so I can't tell where the stuff with color pages are.
But Naruto has the cover and Beelzebub has the opening color. Apparantly Toriko, Gintama and Sket Dance all have color pages. Making a total of 5 mangas with color pages of some sort.

The regular order of the rest is:
1. One Piece
2. Bakuman
3. Magico
4. Bleach
5. Senkoku ARMORS
6. Kuroko no Basuke
7. Inumaru Dashi
8. Enigma
9. Kateikyoushi Hitman REBORN
10. Kochikame
11. Dois Sol
12. Mechen Ouji Grimm
13. Medaka Box
14. Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
15. Nurarihyon no Mago
16. Omagadoki Doubutsuen

The status of the new series seems pretty clear at this point. Dois Sol seems to be doing enough to not get canceled, but Magico seems to be doing really well. It's ranked this week, isn't it? Or is the first one next week?
Magico should be at chap 7 this week, so not ranked yet. (and getting a color for chap 8 XD)
Meruhen is the one that is at chap 8, so it starts getting ranked starting from this week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top