Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyorinmaru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
1,126
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
How come both 3-4 and 5-6 are coming out on the 20th?

There's going to be a chapter on the 27th, right? In Japan, I mean. And then the break.

Copy-Paste XP
Jump 2011 #05-06 (03/01) :
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Top 5 is pretty solid...just switch Bleach with Beelzebub and it's all good. I also wish Medaka Box was a bit higher but at least it's not in the bottom 5. As for Nura...damn it's really stuck in a rut isn't it?

I'm neutral on the anime getting a second season since some of the changes annoyed me, but I guess it's pretty good news. With Toriko getting an anime now I wonder what;s going to be animated next since JUMP is apparent in some kind od animation craze...Medaka Box maybe?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think that Toriko will be the last one to get an anime this year.
Kuroko may get one next year, its sales have been about high enough. I don't think any of the other ones have earned that level yet. Medaka Box is still getting fairly low sales from what I remember. Uh... and I don't think Inumaru does either.

Enigma is headed in the right direction, but it won't happen for another two years and only if the popularity keeps up.
 

dumbyugi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think that Toriko will be the last one to get an anime this year.
Kuroko may get one next year, its sales have been about high enough. I don't think any of the other ones have earned that level yet. Medaka Box is still getting fairly low sales from what I remember. Uh... and I don't think Inumaru does either.

Enigma is headed in the right direction, but it won't happen for another two years and only if the popularity keeps up.
I'm thought Medaka Box got close to Beezlebub sales, but I reckon Kuroko should get an anime before anything else now that Toriko's been announced. Inumaru would probably make a fairly good anime but it probably won't get one.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmm...so Toriko is getting an anime...and it seems like it will be 9:00 on Sunday mornings prior to OP...yeah, this has Toei written all over it. Maybe I'll actually care about a new anime now somehow or another. (though the DB-tards are probably going to gripe that Kai ends with Cell)

I really like the cover page this week, it just feels like a weird fusion of something Oda and Shimabukuro would do. (I always feel those two have a strange bond considering that both of their first works premiered back to back in '97) Not really a fan of Bleach being high but...what can you do about it? (though I do like Enigma's winning streak)

And as for the next Jump anime with Beezle and Toriko getting theirs...I say the signs point for Medaka. Regardless of it's sales, the whole Bakemonogatari factor is just pushing Ishin out there and this would be another easy anime to make...though I sort of agree it may not come for some time.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Wonder why Koji Oishi is doing a oneshot? Maybe he's planning on ending Inumaru soon...or he might just be doing a random oneshot, who knows.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Just wondering does anyone have some info about the volume sales of Busou Renkin?
Just for the sake of logic I'm trying to see if it's possible for Psyren to have an anime based on lack of manga to animate this or next year - in 2012 there would probably be Medaka box in Jan. and KnB either in oct. 2011 or Jan. 2012 also yet nothing up in terms of chapters needed unless Enigma would be animated in oct. 2012.

Still we have for 2011 some 2nd seasons of Bakuman and NnM confirmed and I don't know if it counts or if Shueisha gets paid for a 2nd license like that but if so I really doubt there is a chance of animation for Psyren until apr. 2012 and I hope that is not the case.

TIA
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
That isn't an add for Miracle Jump, is it?

Wonder why Koji Oishi is doing a oneshot? Maybe he's planning on ending Inumaru soon...or he might just be doing a random oneshot, who knows.
My guess is it's for the yearly gag special. Two gag one shots and Biyori getting it's annual WSJ chapter that week.
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyrLTRPoi68&feature=sub

Hot damn. Sunrise never stopped drawing this did they? I mean this is pretty much covering most of the chapters that have occurred after the anime ended last year. And guess what, HD BITCHES.

I'm letting my inner fanboy take over now, and shroud the doubt I have for this thing. GINTAMA IS BAAAACK!!
 

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyrLTRPoi68&feature=sub

Hot damn. Sunrise never stopped drawing this did they? I mean this is pretty much covering most of the chapters that have occurred after the anime ended last year. And guess what, HD BITCHES.

I'm letting my inner fanboy take over now, and shroud the doubt I have for this thing. GINTAMA IS BAAAACK!!
Is that a contiuation of the Anime ? Or is it a HD Remake of the first series ?

I don´t understand what you mean^^
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Is that a contiuation of the Anime ? Or is it a HD Remake of the first series ?

I don´t understand what you mean^^

The anime is coming back in April. These are brand new episodes, that are in HD unlike the first series.


http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/32383345/18

They are changing Jump's mark from a pirate to... something else. Oda proposed a ninja, as you can see.
I saw that. I wonder what the other mangaka will propose? And do we (The Japanese) get a vote?
 
Last edited:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pretty good week for me. Medaka is out of the bottom 5 and just needs to try and build momentum again. Bakuman is in the top 3 and Sket is just out of the top 5. Sucks to be Mago right now though. This is just a travesty after all the promotion that was done for 2010.

I really like that group color page. Definitely love the One Piece and Toriko joint cover.

I'm thought Medaka Box got close to Beezlebub sales, but I reckon Kuroko should get an anime before anything else now that Toriko's been announced. Inumaru would probably make a fairly good anime but it probably won't get one.
Medaka Box has enough sales for an anime. The last number for Vol. 6 says it hit 126,545 which is in the ball park of where Sket, Beelzebub, and Kuroko (before it did another jump in sales).

Vol. 7 was only 4K behind Beelzebub. It definitely has enough for an anime in comparison so by the time it gets passed the 2 year anniversary in May it will just be a waiting game. Fall 2011 or Spring 2012 works for me since both will give it enough space between anime and manga. I've already been warming up the massive amounts of crow that needs to be dished out over this series.
 
Last edited:

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
jeez Nuramago get an even worse spot this time >__>

getting kinda uneasy about its position now....hope volume sales save it
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think Kuroko is probably the most likely series to get an anime at this point. Its sales are far and away better than any other manga in Jump to not have been animated (and even some that are, like Beelzebub), and there's enough material to adapt. An anime airing next fall would make sense.

jeez Nuramago get an even worse spot this time >__>

getting kinda uneasy about its position now....hope volume sales save it
With a second season of the anime being announced, I think it should be considered pretty safe for now. In addition to volume sales (which are very good), anime bring in a huge amount of revenue (licensing, merchandise sales, etc), so I doubt Jump will be looking to cancel it.
 

halfcrzy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2009
Messages
431
Reaction score
146
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Haha I wont lie, the pysren fan in me is happy to see NnM fail. Made me sad to see something of the same generation get so much more hype and I personally never cared for it. I can pray and pray for it to stay in the bottom 5 for another week or two, I would really enjoy that.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Mago won't be canceled, no matter how far it drops. Worst case scenario they move it to SQ. The volumes sell, the anime was renewed for a second season, the fans just aren't participating in the polls.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Since Enigma always ranked in top 5 at this point, I think Enigma should get lead CP.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
This is just the Mago fans retaliating for a couple of subpar chapters. The same thing happened to Bleach, except not as dramatically.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top