Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Since Enigma always ranked in top 5 at this point, I think Enigma should get lead CP.
Its already gotten 3 color pages outside of the first two they regularly give to new series. I could see them giving it a lead CP when volume 1 comes out to help promote it. Assuming this pace keeps up anyway.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Enigma is basically receiving a color page every two or three chapters. I think it's fine even without a lead CP. WSJ should focus on pimping Nura so it doesn't get canceled before its second season even premieres.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Enigma is basically receiving a color page every two or three chapters. I think it's fine even without a lead CP. WSJ should focus on pimping Nura so it doesn't get canceled before its second season even premieres.
I believe its fine as well. But he brought up when it should get a lead CP and when Enigma's first volume comes out seems like a good enough time for it to me. Though I think thats unnecessary for the time being.

As far as Mago, they already pimped it all throughout this year. What else do you expect them to do? At this point its probably up to the mangaka to snap it out of this rut. With other series on the rise for 2011 Mago probably shouldn't expect to get 14 color pages two years in a row. Plus we can't forget the fact Bleach for the last 4-5 years has eaten up a large amount of color pages in comparison to everything else too.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think the fact that they're giving it a second season shows that they have no plans to cancel it yet.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I'd be fine with them moving Mago to SQ; anything's welcome in order to save Oumaga's ass, so it can continue its "psyrening" down there... :tem

And please no more over-the-top enigma pimping, slowly I can sorta understand the 2chers who call the series connegma and say most of its success stems from the fact of Sakaki being Usuta's sweet heart...
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I don't think Nurarihyon is in bad status to discuss about whether it'll cancel or move to SQ. We should see how Nurarihyon will do on post-Kyoto arc.

I think the series that actually has to movie SQ is Hunter x Hunter.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The pimping always dies down after a while, once they know the series can either stand up on it's own or will probably end up a total flop.

I'm guessing it'll last until about the mid-20s latest.
 
Last edited:

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The pimping always dies down after a while, once they know the series can either stand up on it's own or will probably end up a total flop.

I'm guessing it'll last until about the mid-20s latest.
The pimping IS pretty justfied though. It hasn't left the top 5 since being ranked, and it is better than everything else JUMP tried to put out this year(and keep in mind how bad a year this has been for them). Since it's doing well you can't blame them for wanting to keep it that way. I do agree that a cover page for promotion f the first volume would be a bit much,..regular color pages would do.
 
  • Like
Reactions: R4n

-Khriz-

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
868
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol, Mago is not getting canceled, it sells more than Medaka, Kuroko, Beelzebub, Sket dance and Toriko.
 

yushikiroenishi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Z0mg really... Nuramago is not getting canceled or moving to SQ anytime soon. It is an established series with solid sales, an anime, and tons of other merchandise. The rankings have been low as of late, but to mention cancellation or relocation at this point is ridiculous. If it remains in the bottom 5 throughout 2011, then discussions may be warranted.


HunterxHunter in SQ FTW, that series could use some release stability :s
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Oh yeah I'm not complaining, Enigma's one of the best new manga Jump's gotten in a while IMO and I can totally see why they're promoting it.

Was just saying that these things usually die down once they have a better idea where it stands, like with Toriko/Beelzebub (which were successful) and Double Arts/Blue Dragon (which weren't).
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
And please no more over-the-top enigma pimping, slowly I can sorta understand the 2chers who call the series connegma and say most of its success stems from the fact of Sakaki being Usuta's sweet heart...
I prefer using the term 'conbleach' rather than 'connegma'. Seriously.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Lots of 2chers use different terms on Jump series, such as Kusairen (Psyren), Kasuket (Sket Dance), and Teninu (Tennis no Oujisama).
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
2chan can be really vile. I used to read the WSJ TOC comments thread but got annoyed about how there are anti-fans for everything.

Regarding the TOC: *mentally pushes Mago back up*

Unless I'm slow to the news, does anyone know which series will take the spine in 2011?

EDIT: I love your signature, hyorinmaru!
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Lots of 2chers use different terms on Jump series, such as Kusairen (Psyren), Kasuket (Sket Dance), and Teninu (Tennis no Oujisama).
Well, yeah, I know... But my point was that their nick name is connected (wow... that's an unintended pun here) to the series' position/success.

2chan can be really vile. I used to read the WSJ TOC comments thread but got annoyed about how there are anti-fans for everything.
[...]
Unless I'm slow to the news, does anyone know which series will take the spine in 2011?
I think, it's quite a fun place from time to time. (Though I can't post there anymore since my internet provider is on their ban list after several bot attacks... :scry) Most of the time they're actually quite funny and creative with their criticism/bashing IMO.

Oh, and yeah, you're a slowpoke there, Asarii :tem It's Kochikame as a celebration for its 35th year of serialization.^^
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I think, it's quite a fun place from time to time. (Though I can't post there anymore since my internet provider is on their ban list after several bot attacks... :scry) Most of the time they're actually quite funny and creative with their criticism/bashing IMO.

Oh, and yeah, you're a slowpoke there, Asarii :tem It's Kochikame as a celebration for its 35th year of serialization.^^
I guess I'm sensitive to these kinds of things, ha ha. However, insulting a mangaka is never okay in my book.

Thanks for the info! I was living under a rock for the past few weeks. ^^; I remember hearing about Kochikame's 30th anniversary; I can't believe it's already been five years. Wow, time sure flies fast.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sort of like the intention and concept of the "Then and Now" manga cover page they have (mostly cause it includes the final covers for both OP and Bleach before crucial "changes")...except they use KochiKame 100 instead of vol. 1. I guess they don't think kids want to read the early stuff which is really a shame.
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Is Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist going to move from Jump Square to WSJ? At least it's going to be one chapter next week

Would be awesome if this is going to be a weekly manga from now on.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
There has been no announcement or anything to say as such, so it should only be just that one chapter next week that will be published in WSJ. Probably just to build some hype and generate interest for it especially since it's getting an anime soon.

This has happened before in other magazines like Shounen Sunday.

Though it would be nice if it moved to WSJ. Bigger readership, so more fans for one. And the one-month wait is pretty darn excruciating :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top