Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I love the cover of the winter jump next!
The jump cover this time is too much confuse.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Can someone please tell me what issue - last Edited Mangas - we are at? Why? I want to use my yearly koenosaki method. So am I right:
- last week we had WSJ releases
- two weeks without WSJ releases (this week and next week)
- back to regular rythm
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,410
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yup. that's about it.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Okay then I am doing right. I didn't read last week's releases because I am going to read them upcoming weekend or so. I always spread the two week break by myself. I had to know if my agenda is right :)
 

zidane

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
1,162
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
We released WSJ #5-6 on saturday, which was basically this wednesdays issue, we just got it earlier. And since it's a double issue, we won't get a chapter next wed (5th of january), so issue #7 should land on the 12th - however there of course still is the slight chance for that to land early too, but I doubt it.

It's safe to say that starting with issue #8 on the 19th we'll be back to the regular rhythm for sure.

Edit: Guess that was the long version. >.>
 
Last edited:

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
... it always amused me how Reborn is always the one who shows up in those combined wsj covers. xD
I suspect that is because he is easier to draw than Tsuna (aka the main character)
 

some guy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
27
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
I know this is late (really late mind you considering this was from a few months ago), but I did finally TL and put up Akimoto's one-shot "Succeed" from the one-shot project:

http://mangahelpers.com/t/strangerataru/releases/26876 (I also did "Arata no Tsukumogami" recently in case anyone missed it)
Awesome. Reminds me that I need to finish that there Space Table Tennis translation I signed up for a while ago, too.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
It looks like next issue of Jump going to release on same day as Magazine and Sunday. I wonder who will be the winner.
 

frenzypix

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Bolivia
So, no Jump this week either? :oh
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, no Jump this week either? :oh
This was going to be the off week considering the issue we got around Christmas was from last week. Next week, though, we're back on schedule...except for OP fans who have to suffer an extra week of waiting.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
The schedule is always a killer this time of year. This is why there hasn't been new series yet. I wonder if anything new is coming after the break is over.

Around New Years new scans of Neuro volume 1 were released, using better raws than the original. I really recommend reading; it's a good reason to start for anyone who hasn't read yet and a great excuse to reread if you have. I doubt there will ever be a Jump series quite like Neuro.

While there's a break, it might be a good time to catch up on some of the classics. When I finish my current series I need a short read, since I never read Level E, I will give it a try this weekend.
 
Last edited:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Before we're getting back to the usual schedule I wanted to ask if anybody (I hope this is a valid question and doesn't violate the rules in any extreme way) has gotten his hands on some scans of this season's Jump NEXT?

Shueisha updated the official homepage and you can see some small teaser for each of the one shots.

I still hope to get a chance to check out some of the Bangaihen from the JUMP titles. (Plus, two or three of the OS.) Since my local comic dealer doesn't get the issue I hope there will pop up some raws... [if they haven't yet, that is.]
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,410
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Oh god, I hope SOMEONE has gotten hold of this season's JUMP NEXT.... We need some Naoshi here!!!
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Even Komi's new work got good reception, most one shots took at least 6 months to be serialized. Therefore, I think we have to with at least 'til fall of this year.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Before we're getting back to the usual schedule I wanted to ask if anybody (I hope this is a valid question and doesn't violate the rules in any extreme way) has gotten his hands on some scans of this season's Jump NEXT?

Shueisha updated the official homepage and you can see some small teaser for each of the one shots.

I still hope to get a chance to check out some of the Bangaihen from the JUMP titles. (Plus, two or three of the OS.) Since my local comic dealer doesn't get the issue I hope there will pop up some raws... [if they haven't yet, that is.]

Hm, I'll check kinokuniya tomorrow and see if it's there and grab it if it is. I've been a bit interested in scanning the komi oneshot'
 
Last edited:

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
Before we're getting back to the usual schedule I wanted to ask if anybody (I hope this is a valid question and doesn't violate the rules in any extreme way) has gotten his hands on some scans of this season's Jump NEXT?

Shueisha updated the official homepage and you can see some small teaser for each of the one shots.

I still hope to get a chance to check out some of the Bangaihen from the JUMP titles. (Plus, two or three of the OS.) Since my local comic dealer doesn't get the issue I hope there will pop up some raws... [if they haven't yet, that is.]
Some of the scans had been circulating around in Chinese websites
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
649 :T ◆PecpvbY4/. :2011/01/12(水) 15:05:31 発信元:143.90.177.89
スレチは分かってるが、掲載順
ドべから
右翼
死神
黒子
ぬらり
動物園

尾田巻末 去年の年末まで3D映画は赤青眼鏡で見ると思ってたらしい(笑)

第八号
巻頭はエニグマ
Cカラーはこちかめトリコ
動物園とぬらりが大増23ページ

Bottom 5
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
Nurarihyon no Mago
Kuroko no Basuke
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Light Wing

According to Oda's message at the end of the magazine, until the end of last year, he thought you watched 3D movies with those red-and-blue glasses (laugh)

#8
Cover - Enigma
Center CP - Kochikame, Toriko
Extra pages - Oumagadoki, Mago
Oumagadoki and Mago :scry I hope Mago in particular manages to climb out of that bottom 5 now that the Kyoto arc is over. As for Oumaga, it's really sad because I thought this Aquarium arc was good, and not draggy or anything that one might say caused Mago to rank so low :s
 
Last edited:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
That's upside down, Sal-chan. T always does them from lowest to highest. So Oumaga is on the top spot of the bottom 5. :)
Still not great but better than the last few weeks. Yay~
 

Zangetsu01

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
118
Reaction score
749
Gender
Male
Country
France
Jump #7 TOC, courtesy of Ohana

Ohana @ 2ch said:
103 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E :2011/01/12(水) 17:44:26 ID:PXWRyFiIP
ジャンプ表紙ベルゼ

ベルゼ 巻頭
ワンピ
ナルト
銀魂
スケット
ブリーチ センタC
トリコ
めだか
イッポンバンビ センタC
いぬ
バクマン センタC
エニグマ
こち亀
リボーン
動物園
ぬらり
黒子
保健室
ライトニング

次号8号 巻頭カラー エグニマ
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The cover is Beelzebub

Beelzebub (Opening Color)
One Piece
Naruto
Gintama
Sket Dance
Bleach (Center Color)
Toriko
Medaka Box
Ipponbanbi (One Shot, Center Color)
Inumaru Dashi
Bakuman (Center Color)
Enigma
Kochikame
Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
Nurarihyon no Mago
Kuroko no Basket
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Light Wing

Issue 8: Cover is Enigma
Color: Toriko & Kochikame
Omagadoki and Nurarihyon have 23 pages


Saladesu, you listed the bottom-5 upside down before. They always list them from the bottom-up.

Enigma gets cover, yay.
Also Omagadoki is slightly higher, so... yay for them I guess.
If someone knows the right way to spell the one-shot, tell me.

Also... isn't One Piece supposed to be absent? Lemme go check the raw...
Yeah it doesn't say anything like that, just the regular "owari". Where was it posted OP was gonna skip a week?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top