Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Have any of the one shots from jump next winter 2011 been translated yet? I can only read like bits and pieces of the stories and it's killing me!! Lol
Nisekoi was. I think that ran in Jump Next. Correct me if I am wrong. :)
 

dagnel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
73
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
yes, you're right. Nisekoi was in the last Jump Next ;-)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Nisekoi was. I think that ran in Jump Next. Correct me if I am wrong. :)
It was. I enjoyed it too. Not as good as Island but better than Komi's other post-Double Arts one shots.

Beginning? Since the magazine was established? I don't know it looked like a OP logo of some kind, oh well I guess it is no big deal it is similar and it is Luffy, so it is cool. :smile-big
It has. The pirate logo was introduced in the first issue of the magazine. I'm sure there is a better pic somewhere in the forum but I'm to lazy to find it. So here's a thumbnail :p

 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It was. I enjoyed it too. Not as good as Island but better than Komi's other post-Double Arts one shots.



It has. The pirate logo was introduced in the first issue of the magazine. I'm sure there is a better pic somewhere in the forum but I'm to lazy to find it. So here's a thumbnail :p

I see I wonder why did they choose that at the time? And changing it now after so many years?

Hm interesting little coincidence about the logo it is a pirate logo and OP is the best manga now and they choose the logo accordingly it seems as if though someone that was creating that logo at the time knew there would be some pirate magna that would be popular. :D
 

mngapro

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yeah i read nisekoi, but any ones other than that one? i mean that was obviously gonna be translated lol! he has so many fans in the online forums.
 

dagnel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
73
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I see I wonder why did they choose that at the time? And changing it now after so many years?

Hm interesting little coincidence about the logo it is a pirate logo and OP is the best manga now and they choose the logo accordingly it seems as if though someone that was creating that logo at the time knew there would be some pirate magna that would be popular. :D
I think that they changed the logo for the celebration of OP, and when it'll end, they'll put back the classic logo.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorachi doing a cover of OP...considering his pic during the anniversary, this should be...strange.

And as for the TOC...not much to say other than congrats Toriko for another great week.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
yeah i read nisekoi, but any ones other than that one? i mean that was obviously gonna be translated lol! he has so many fans in the online forums.
Kurogane is supposedly being scanlated right now. I was asked to translate it, but then after I did about 10 pages the person who requested said he didn't need it anymore cuz someone else was doing it for him already... :sweat I guess you can expect the Edited Manga of it sometime soon.

I didn't read the rest of the one-shots other than Kurogane and Nisekoi, but both of these were enjoyabe and Kurogane is something that I could easily see getting serialised, even if it's a little on the generic side :)
 

mngapro

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kurogane is supposedly being scanlated right now. I was asked to translate it, but then after I did about 10 pages the person who requested said he didn't need it anymore cuz someone else was doing it for him already... :sweat I guess you can expect the Edited Manga of it sometime soon.

I didn't read the rest of the one-shots other than Kurogane and Nisekoi, but both of these were enjoyabe and Kurogane is something that I could easily see getting serialised, even if it's a little on the generic side :)
o ok cool! i could understand nisekoi cuz the dialogue was easy but i cant understand the other ones fully just bits and pieces, i need to study harder -_- but which one was named kurogane? i dont remember seeing that one
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
It was the one about a boy named Kurogane, who met this female ghost. Female ghost was a practitioner/master of some style of sword arts and wanted him to continue her school of sword arts. It had some Kendo in it.

It was in the issue of Jump with Luffy and Toriko on the cover :)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
662 :名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。 :11/01/27 23:13 ID:???
>>659
連載7周年突破記念 表紙&巻頭カラー 銀魂
新展開&VOMIC放送記念Cカラー 保健室の死神
アニメ2期制作快調&新シリーズ大人気御礼Cカラー ぬらりひょんの孫
特別読切Cカラー43P 月・水・金はスイミング 福島鉄平
It looks like other CPs for upcoming issue 10 are Nurarihyon, Hokenshitsu, and the one shot by Fukushima Teppei (author of Samurai Usagi) and it looks like swimming manga.
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Finally Nurarihyon gets a color page, thanks Negative!
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Can you tell if the swimming manga is a oneshot or an actual series? I'd love to see a swimming series in Jump. Could be fun :tem
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Can you tell if the swimming manga is a oneshot or an actual series? I'd love to see a swimming series in Jump. Could be fun :tem
It's just one shot. Also, I just assumed that one shot is swimming manga because there is a word 'swimming' in the title.
 

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
There is some swimming mangas, which is/was also scanlated. But these mangas wasn´t in the jump.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Yeah I've seen swimming manga before but I'm always wanting Jump to get "different" manga than they normally go for, especially in the sports department.
 

mngapro

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It was the one about a boy named Kurogane, who met this female ghost. Female ghost was a practitioner/master of some style of sword arts and wanted him to continue her school of sword arts. It had some Kendo in it.

It was in the issue of Jump with Luffy and Toriko on the cover :)
ooo yeah i read that one, it was pretty good. i thought you meant it was in jump next
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I really have to praise Jump for their recent efforts as far as supporting the series, which are doing not so greatly ToC-wise, goes. They've been especially supportive of Hokenshitsu, Oumaga and lastly, of course, NuraMago.
Those series were rewarded quite a great number of extra pages in the last few weeks and the upcoming issue even tops that with CP's for Mago and Hokenshitsu. Even though I'll have to admit that being an Oumaga supporter (first and foremost), I'm a little jealous. But since OD will get 23 pages yet again that's okay, I guess... Oumaga probably has to persevere a little more before they'll grant it this ultimate form of support. (Hokenshitsu also had to stick in until chapter thirty-something (37?) back then, if I remember correctly.)

But all in all I'm very happy with this. It's way better than giving them only to the bigger titles... maybe Jump's editorial department realized that they're having quite a strong set of series as of now, where even the weaker series have gathered quite a following and enjoy a little popularity on their own. So they'd rather work with what they got than throw'em away and hope for the next big hit miracle.
 
Last edited:

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I've posted all Jump color pages of number #09 ---> Click

Enma Gavel looks like quite interesting.. Somehow reminds me SWOT
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Don't know if it's been brought up anywhere else but I think Nuero has a shoot at being licensed by VIZ as I noticed in the most recent issue of Jump they are now streaming the anime online at their websit.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top