Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
@Saladesu:

Based on looking at ToC picture, I don't think Meruhen has gotten 23 pages. Meruhen starts at page 207 and Beelzebub starts at page 225. There is only 18 pages differences between Meruhen and Beelzebub.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Thanks Negative, so Oberon was also wrong then :sweatdrop Checked the Jump website, doesn't say 23P or CP and since the page numbers don't work out I guess it's just a normal chapter but I wonder why it got "pulled out" then. Just to promote the new series I guess...
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Checked the Jump website, doesn't say 23P or CP and since the page numbers don't work out I guess it's just a normal chapter but I wonder why it got "pulled out" then. Just to promote the new series I guess...
Well, if Märchen Ouji is considered to be a short page Gag Manga giving it a full 18 pages or so would still equal 'Increased Page Count', I'd say... :tem

-----------

On another note: Oumagaaaaaaa... :scry :scry :scry
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bakuman in the top 2 and Toriko in the top 4 works for me. Sket landed right in the middle more or less but I'm glad it bounced back from last week.

Medaka Box slid a bit but hopefully it bounces back next week. It has had its mini-streaks where it has been solid so I'd be glad if it starts another of those up soon.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Uhm strange ToC.. Gintama and Bakuman climb over Naruto. Very well Toriko and Enigma, not good position for Medaka Box, Nurarihyon no Mago and Oumagadoki Doubutsuen.


@Saladesu: You forgot to put One Piece (Absent), and Meruhen has a 23 pages chapter not the color pages.
Naruto has been horrible lately, JP fans must be as sick of edo tensei zombies as I am.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
W00t, Gintama being high is pretty awesome. Though I wonder what chapters those are..? 8 weeks ago....Ah the Tokyo propeganda scandle arc. That was pretty damned hilarious, besides being a total middle finger to the youth bill.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
W00t, Gintama being high is pretty awesome. Though I wonder what chapters those are..? 8 weeks ago....Ah the Tokyo propeganda scandle arc. That was pretty damned hilarious, besides being a total middle finger to the youth bill.
I don't read Gintama, but from your description... no wonder it rank so high! :tem
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
W00t, Gintama being high is pretty awesome. Though I wonder what chapters those are..? 8 weeks ago....Ah the Tokyo propeganda scandle arc. That was pretty damned hilarious, besides being a total middle finger to the youth bill.
I don't think this week's Gintama's ranking based on the Tokyo propeganda scandle (chapter 337); it was last week. This week's Gintama's ranking based on chapter 338.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I don't think this week's Gintama's ranking based on the Tokyo propeganda scandle (chapter 337); it was last week. This week's Gintama's ranking based on chapter 338.
Yeah, that arc went on till 339 or 340 if If I recall correctly.

Though Gin's been high the last few weeks, so maybe it's just a fluke....someone said that whenever Tsukuyo's in a chapter the rank goes up. I wonder how true this is...?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Yeah, that arc went on till 339 or 340 if If I recall correctly.
I don't think that arc is about Tokyo propaganda scandal. It is just about guys pranking Gin-san to stop drinking.
 

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Naruto has been horrible lately, JP fans must be as sick of edo tensei zombies as I am.
I agree. But the Naruto's chapter ranked in this issue was the #522, which wasn't so bad, even with the appearance of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist I thought in a domain of Naruto.. Fortunately it didn't happen.

I apologize for the mistake about Meruhen Ouji Grim :(
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I don't think that arc is about Tokyo propaganda scandal. It is just about guys pranking Gin-san to stop drinking.
Yeah, that was a part of the same arc. 337-339. The prank was...

The girls prank Gintoki into thinking he slept with all of them so that he'll stop over drinking.

The first chapter (and second) had a bunch of jokes at the bill's expense, but they were all part of the same arc.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
NOOOOO, Medaka Box!!!!! Hopefully the new soccer series will fail in the rankings and act as buffer, though Medaka should likely be safe until it's two year anniversary(with an anime announcement hopefully following it).
I'd much prefer (based solely on superficial preferences, since I haven't got to read any of the new series yet) Grim be the buffer. Just because there are already plenty of good comedy series and no good sports series in Jump :( Of course if DOIS SOL sucks then let it die, but I'm hoping it's good :tem

And Medaka Box doesn't have to worry for now long as it doesn't just bottom out hard. Zoo, Shinigami, and probably even Mago are gonna stay below it for awhile.

As for the ToC, it's really cool to see Gintama AND Bakuman beat Naruto :tem I like seeing the top 5 shift so much like it has been recently. Makes something besides the bottom interesting.

Enigma is still beasting it which is good. Too bad about Zoo and Mago though :( I don't imagine Zoo will last much longer. Especially if a few of the newer series catches on. Mago has a better shot if Shibashi starts up a new arc soon.

And sadness for no One Piece D:

EDIT: Btw, DOIS SOL is now up in English on the Jump website.
 
Last edited:

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I was worried about Oumagadoki and Shinigami for a while, but as long as nothing else gets canceled until the new stuff is ranked I don't think they'll have much to worry about. In all likelihood at least a couple of the new series will fail (I'd guess Grimm and Magica), which will mean more filler to keep Oumagadoki and Shinigami alive for a while longer.
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A small part inside me died when i saw Oumaga at the bottom.

I loved the Bakuman chapter,which was ranked,so i don't really mind that it beat Naruto.^^
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Just finished DOIS SOL and it was really good. Shonen Shikku and Light Wing can't even begin to compare. I think it has a shot. If DOIS SOL bombs out and gets canceled right away then there is literally no hope for sports manga in Jump.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
This sucks. I really want to read DOIS SOL, but you need Windows XP to download their manga reader and I have OSX :(

I am also starting to take interest in the shifting around of the top 5. I don't really like to see One Piece get bumped from the top spot, but seeing Gintama and Bakuman up high is really cool. It makes me want to read Gintama. I hope Toriko gets it's chance at the top spot too :)
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Gintama taking top spot? I can't complain. :D Happy to see Bakuman up there too.

The same few series seem to be stuck at the bottom. Hopefully they'll take a breather once in a while. Don't want to see most of them go.

Just finished DOIS SOL and it was really good. Shonen Shikku and Light Wing can't even begin to compare. I think it has a shot. If DOIS SOL bombs out and gets canceled right away then there is literally no hope for sports manga in Jump.
You've captured my interest with your comment. :) If DOIS SOL is better than the other two soccer series, I'm in.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top