Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I am still holding my breath for sengoku armors. I read the first four chapters available in French.

Though it is very generic, its success may be within the usage of very famous historical figures such as Akechi Mitsuhide (main char/one of the five divine sodomu Karura), Oichi (Nobunaga's sister but in the manga his daugther), Toyotomi Hideyoshi (villain who blamed Akechi being Nobunaga's killer at Honnō-ji. Ultimate villain I guess unless there isn't an early cancellation), Ishikawa Goemon (escorting Akechi and Oichi, cool easygoing thief), Masamune Date (a famous daimyo they are fighting now)...

So basically, the art is very nice, the setting is very interesting too since it uses a lot of historical figures and events from the sengoku era. It is on the other hand generic which might mean its cancellation but I definitely give it a chance because of the setting.
 
Last edited:

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Oh man Mago is making me really sad it doesn't show any signs of life :(

Kuroko is also on the bottom :crying
Maybe it will get some color pages :3c

Bleach is in the lowest position I've ever seen :blink

Rest seems fine :)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
So, only one series is out and only one new series going to fill in?
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Bleach being low is no surprise for me, I hope it will get back up but if bleach wants to do that, it better proves its worth again.

I'm sad for Mago tho, it had a lot of potential and still has. I wonder why the fall?

Engima and Magico is what I believe will stay for a long time although there is still risks but they are hanging there quite well.
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Bleach was already in the good chapters back at 438-439.
I guess this arc isn't interesting for the voters.
Now i am expecting Bleach to rank low for the next 8 chapters or more.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Sengoku had a good start, so maybe it'll also get color in future.
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Pure rankings:

1. One Piece
2. Naruto
3. Bakuman
4. Toriko
5. Magico
6. Sengoku Armors
7. Beelzebub
8. Inumaru
9. Sket Dance
10. Engima
11. Bleach
12. Reborn
13. Grimm
14. Kuroko
15. Medaka
16. Shinigami
17. Mago
18. Dois Sol

All 4 new series are ranked now, right?
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
No, the first Sengoku rank is next week. And also Beelze is unranked this week due to the color page.

Pure rankings:
1. One Piece
2. Naruto
3. Bakuman
4. Toriko
5. Magico
6. Inumaru
7. Sket Dance
8. Engima
9. Bleach
10. Reborn
11. Grimm
12. Kuroko
13. Medaka
14. Shinigami
15. Mago
16. Dois Sol
Now it's right.
 
Last edited:

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Sorry about that. Forgot to indicate Beelze has a CP :/
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
First rank is with chapter nine.
9-8=1
8-8=0
 

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
- The TOC is affected by the popularity of 8 chapter ago.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Regarding Bleach: it's still a middling series so it really isn't in any danger as of yet. Yeah, I don't mind it having middling results as sort of a wake-up call to Kubo (wish it would go lower but the fanbase is probably too larger to prevent that), but it's not a bottom-five series as of yet so I wouldn't really push the panic button.

With that said: yeah, Dois Sol is dead. Once again proving that kids just don't want another soccer manga. Reborn is a tad low too, while Bakuman remains high as does Magico...good week I say.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ikkyu getting a series and Magico being super high is great. Also happier than I thought I'd be about Sengoku Armors possibly doing well, though I was disappointed by the first chapter I wouldn't mind it getting a chance to go somewhere and improve later on.

Pretty cool ToC overall.
 
Last edited:

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
Even if Bleach goes to the bottom five, i still won't push the panic button lol... the sales will prevent it from getting cancelled. :D
Seeing this make me imagine WSJ 10 years from now... Bleach will be the 'old man' of the magazine like Kochikame (and being in the perpetual bottom). And still, not much happens. xD *just joking*

Enigma is slightly low :(, i hope it will rise up soon! It is the one i enjoy the most in wsj right now...
 

SSJWill4

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
132
Reaction score
38
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
8,7,6,5,4,3,2->1

8 chapter ago includes the current chapter
Correct. Counting is inclusive so the 8th chapter would be ranked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top