Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
There are chatters about how Togashi might be coming back in August. A guy went to one of those casual gathering for newbie artists to meet with the big names and/or their assistants. He blogged about how he met one of Togashi's assistant, and later commented on how "it seems that an August serialization is coming" in reply to someone commenting about Togashi.

Here's a cache copy of the blog post:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QWR4KGC1

The original link is here, but it seems to have been taken down:
http://ameblo.jp/robinson0821/entry-10889982475.html
Wait, Togashi has assistants now?! I always thought part of the reason he was always on hiatus was because he did the whole lone wolf thing...

But if it's true, this is awesome news. I just finished a complete re-read of HXH and was longing for some more.

Congrats on post 1000 BTW, Finestela. :)
 
Last edited:

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I wanna wait and see how this pans out after last time

But cool if it's true.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Like I said, it's just chatters. We won't hear anything official until maybe mid-July, should this is true, anyway.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
If he really does, that will be great news!

The new series looks really good. Love the art, definitely not the usual Jump by numbers. I've given up on Sengoku. Good or bad it looks like it will be canceled, no point in reading. One of these days I'll give Magico a try, while it's still short.
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
there are 2 of them? didn't know that, also how someone who can only write to become a "mangaka". does he send a story to the publisher so they help him to find a mangaka who isn't good at writing a story?

about the art-style: i dont think its similiar to naruto, more to soul eater in my opinion. i like this clean style as in bleach/soul eater. is so great and easy to understand. in onepiece there are many details but it's so full and distracting.
Yeah, it's a team and I don't know if there's another word for one who "only" writes the story for a manga, but normally he draws the storyboards and without him there would be no story for the manga so it wouldn't be that wrong calling him a mangaka. But well, it's just like in Bakuman if you haven't read it yet ^^

And interesting that the art-style looks more like soul eater to you. For me I have to say that I haven't seen a manga with the same style as SE. But you're right that it's great and easy to understand^^ maybe we should agree that Ikkyu has it's own nice style :D

----
About the chatters of Togashi's comeback: if it's true, great! because I startet HxH last week xD but if it's not true I'd really like to know why he can't continue. Although I could understand if it's a lot of stress for him since he came up with a lot of great ideas and a nice story in a weekly base and that's really awesome.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
And interesting that the art-style looks more like soul eater to you. For me I have to say that I haven't seen a manga with the same style as SE. But you're right that it's great and easy to understand^^ maybe we should agree that Ikkyu has it's own nice style :D
its not about the character style or architecture in the background. more about the overuse of white instead of black shading every detail. the pictures are clean and neat.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's actually really common in the manga scene, to have two people on a series, one on the plot and one for the drawing.

As for how a "writer" becomes a mangaka, Shueisha (or, specifically, WSJ department) does hold a competition called "StoKing" (short for Story King), that specifically aims at getting good writers for manga plot.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
It looks like Rokudenashi Blues going to have live-adaptation drama.
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Hm, but that's strange, I've been on the Weekly Shonen Jump page and there's nothing about HxH for July... Finestela also posted the volumes which will be published in June and July here and there was nothing about HxH.

I trust the information on the WSJ page more, but it could be that volume #28 will still be published this year, I hope it will.
 

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I do hope HxH does start up again finally. Something needs to kick Toriko off it's high horse.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
If Hunter x Hunter starts up I'll be stoked annnnnd Roku live-action sounds boss :tem
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I do hope HxH does start up again finally. Something needs to kick Toriko off it's high horse.
Hunter x Hunter doesn't exactly get high rankings(for obvious reasons) so its not like its going to be placed up there with Naruto and One Piece every week. Plus its not like he is going to stay for the rest of the year anyway.
 

SoulEaterFreak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
93
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Alright...with this...all doubts, even mine, are gone.
From Sasaki Hisashi's Twitter:
Meeting with TOGASHI-sensei(#Hunter×Hunter #YuYuHakusho, and more). It is always fun and stimulatining to talk with Togashi-sensei.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
New chapters are usually timed around new volumes, I'm not going to guarantee it but I would be more surprised if it didn't come back.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I hope Togashi decides to finally finish this once and for all and not make a long break again.
I'm kinda motivated to continue reading HxH now.

I do hope HxH does start up again finally. Something needs to kick Toriko off it's high horse.
Says the Bleach fan:p
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
If he does come back, that means new chapters of Hunter x Hunter and Berserk will be coming out at the same time. It's like a manga double rainbow :p

I hope Togashi decides to finally finish this once and for all and not make a long break again.
I'm kinda motivated to continue reading HxH now.
Don't hold your breath. Togashi's got a sweet deal, and one that's not to unusual for the manga industry. It's not unusual for veteran, popular mangaka to be allowed irregular serialization. Besides the obvious ones, Oyasumi Punpun comes to mind. Inio is more productive than Togashi (I think) but he only releases one or two volumes worth of new material a year, in a weekly magazine. Yamamoto rarely wrote more than a volume or two a year of Homunculus too.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
If he does come back, that means new chapters of Hunter x Hunter and Berserk will be coming out at the same time. It's like a manga double rainbow :p
:zomg What does it mean?!

Jaiden82 said:
I do hope HxH does start up again finally. Something needs to kick Toriko off it's high horse.
Most of the kids who read and vote for Toriko have probably never even read Hunter x Hunter. Not to mention it always ranks low since it's so rarely in the magazine. And why would you want it knocked down? I think it's fantastic to see a young series doing so well. The last five years have kind of been devoid of young series doing well against older ones.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
And here I was thinking RokuBlue already had its Dorama back in the 90's but turns out there had only been two movies. (I'm a bad Morita fanboy...) Long story short: fantastic! I'm really looking forward to this.
Morita deserves it and it's not too surprising seeing how ridiculously popular the ROOKIES live action franchise has been. Personally I would have preferred to see Beshari made into a live action series but that's just me pettifogging. :tem

Thanks for the great news!

-----

As for HxH: n1! Seems like the 20 chaps last time around really sucked up all of Togashi's energy... :D It sure took him long enough to come back.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
As long as we see the end of this Ant arc I guess I will be satisfied
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top