Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
□30号情報
巻頭:トリコ
センター:リボーン、めだか、貧乏神が!
ワンピース休載。

・貧乏神が!
助野嘉昭
アニメ化放送開始直前出張 26P
It seems that Binbougami ga! (Series on Jump SQ) will have a special chapter (Color Page and 26 pg.) on Jump #30 to promote the anime that is about to begin.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
100% Confirmed

Jump Issue #29 TOC
Beelzebub (Cover, Lead CP)
Toriko
One Piece
Nisekoi
Sensei no Bulge
Haikyuu!! (Center Colour, Extra Pages)
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Koganeiro (END, Extra Pages)
Kuroko no Basket (Center Colour)

Gintama
Koisome Momiji
Sket Dance
Kochikame
Medaka Box
Reborn!
Bleach
Pajama na Kanojo (Center Colour)
Kurogane
Nurarihyon no Mago
Magico

Absent: Naruto

Jump Issue #30 Information
Lead CP: Toriko
Center Colour: Reborn!, Medaka Box (Popularity Poll), Bimbougami Ga! (26pg.)

Extra Pages: Kurogane
Absent: One Piece

Random Author Comments that I thought were interesting this week
- The Author of Gintama wrote that his editor has gotten fat due to stress and he wonders if it is his fault.

- The Author of Koganeiro wrote that he wants to draw every type of manga there is like battles, sports, youth, and SF.

- The Author of Pajama wrote that he has gotten fat recently. He said he goes for walks but his legs get sore.
 
Last edited:

Jaiden82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
209
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nisekoi third! Happy about that one. Isn't that the highest its been ranked so far? And all my favs are in the bottom 5. :(
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Nisekoi third! Happy about that one. Isn't that the highest its been ranked so far?
It is indeed. I was actually worried since this chapter ranking is one of the only chapters in Nisekoi to have ecchi, but it seems to have had the opposite effect.

Also forgot to mention, Koisome Momiji's first ranking is next week.
 
Last edited:

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Both Bleach and Reborn and Bleach in the bottom five? Now this is a moment of triumphant justice. If only this fleeting moment of wonder could stay forever. What wonderful magazine Jump would be.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Nisekoi being third is just awesome, if it will ever reach first place I'm going to let out a scream of joy :hee besides that it's more or less the usual, don't really care about Reborn or Bleach ranks as I doubt they will be canceled anyway.

Glad to see the rise of comedic series though, third Nisekoi, fourth Gintama and fifth Sket Dance. Could this be a new Jump trend? Wouldn't mind :hee
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Both Bleach and Reborn and Bleach in the bottom five? Now this is a moment of triumphant justice. If only this fleeting moment of wonder could stay forever. What wonderful magazine Jump would be.
The lack of Shinigami was apparently the reason for Bleach's decrease in rankings/sales (according to fans), so it's interesting how it's still doing badly. I think it's finally safe to say that people are just tired of Bleach. It's not unreasonable for someone to be tired of a series after 50 volumes. 55 volumes is quite a bit, and Bleach has a really good chance of hitting the 75 mark before it ends. For some people that's simply too much.

I'm not surprised at all by Reborn's ranking. It should be ending relatively soon though. And by "relatively" I mean in a year or two, because weekly series are really slow for some reason.
 

Krono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
855
Reaction score
692
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The lack of Shinigami was apparently the reason for Bleach's decrease in rankings/sales (according to fans), so it's interesting how it's still doing badly. I think it's finally safe to say that people are just tired of Bleach. It's not unreasonable for someone to be tired of a series after 50 volumes. 55 volumes is quite a bit, and Bleach has a really good chance of hitting the 75 mark before it ends. For some people that's simply too much.
Actually it's more the Bleach fans/haters that are sick of the Shinigami that say the lack of them was the reason for Bleach's drop. People are just tired of it's problems in general, and after the last big arc ended at a good stopping point, and the next arc was lackluster, called it quits.
 

nyamonyamo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 24, 2012
Messages
256
Reaction score
68
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Is the TOC in issue 29 is based on jump issue 28?
I dont remember what they say about that in Bakuman
Wanna know which chapter that made Toriko top the chart. Thats just awesome
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I wonder how those low rankings will affect Bleach. Cancellation is out of question ,but I can't imagine his editor will simply ignoring this matter.
 

Krono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
855
Reaction score
692
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder how those low rankings will affect Bleach. Cancellation is out of question ,but I can't imagine his editor will simply ignoring this matter.
Last time it seems to have resulted in them deciding to cut the arc short. Seeing as they've already announced the current arc as the final one, I doubt they'll do much.
 

B'arzz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Is the TOC in issue 29 is based on jump issue 28?
I dont remember what they say about that in Bakuman
Wanna know which chapter that made Toriko top the chart. Thats just awesome
Nop i think the toc 29 is about chapters 7-8 weeks ago ( i not sure about this), so thechapter of toriko is the 183-184.
 

bskbob

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
43
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Is the TOC in issue 29 is based on jump issue 28?
I dont remember what they say about that in Bakuman
Wanna know which chapter that made Toriko top the chart. Thats just awesome
in short toc rankings are based on 7-8 chapter ago but i suggest you should read the first post of this thread it's a good guide for toc rookies ;)

I wonder how those low rankings will affect Bleach. Cancellation is out of question ,but I can't imagine his editor will simply ignoring this matter.
most likely they do what they always do give Bleach CP almost every 2-3 weeks^^
 
Last edited:

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
hell Magico...

a new last, it is not right.

let's see what happens now, nisekoi happy, but remains convinced that it will not last much, it's nice.
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wonder how those low rankings will affect Bleach. Cancellation is out of question ,but I can't imagine his editor will simply ignoring this matter.
Well, the editors didn't do anything about Nurarihyon no Mago and To Love-ru (when the last was in the magazine) and their constants low positions, so I don't think they will do anything with Bleach.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, the editors didn't do anything about Nurarihyon no Mago and To Love-ru (when the last was in the magazine) and their constants low positions, so I don't think they will do anything with Bleach.
Don't know about To Love-ru, but I don't remember Mago ever being as high as Bleach for constant periods of time. Mago and To Love-ru(the latter even being moved to SQ) seem to have their constant hardcore fanbase and kept their position down there, but with Bleach we see a decline, quite a drastic one to boot, meaning more and more people abondon it and things might get even worse. Not to say that it will get cancelled or anything, but it will probably lose some of its merchandising or something else. At the very least the editorial department should some kind of reaction. Maybe in form of several color pages like in the past, but I don't think that'll help much.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I wonder how those low rankings will affect Bleach. Cancellation is out of question ,but I can't imagine his editor will simply ignoring this matter.
Kubo could kill off fan-favorite characters to get back at fans and metaphorically send the message to "vote for Bleach or your favorite character dies." I doubt he'll really do that, but it would be so hilarious (and effective) if he did.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, the editors didn't do anything about Nurarihyon no Mago and To Love-ru (when the last was in the magazine) and their constants low positions, so I don't think they will do anything with Bleach.
oh of course, they will smile happily and do nothing because Jump only asks them to get and deliver the chapter :cookiehand

that's just wrong, you seriously believe they don't do anything while a series from a author they're in charge of is ranking low? O__o it's their job to give advice to the author and to help him according to their possibilities. That's doesn't mean that we notice this effort (all the time) or that it will create a better ranking but I'm sure they try their best. Saying that they wouldn't do anything is outright silly, sorry.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Don't know about To Love-ru, but I don't remember Mago ever being as high as Bleach for constant periods of time. Mago and To Love-ru(the latter even being moved to SQ) seem to have their constant hardcore fanbase and kept their position down there, but with Bleach we see a decline, quite a drastic one to boot, meaning more and more people abondon it and things might get even worse.
The same has happened to Mago, it was quite high over a long time until it reached the climax of the Kyoto Arc. Since then it has never recovered. The Bleach fanbase can't be compared to Mago though so I'm pretty sure it will go up and down. I can't imagine Kubo doing anything drastic but like I said above, I'm sure he and the editor do talk about what can be done to improve the ranking. You mentioned it, every fan he is loosing means less money so there sure is motivation for both sides.
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My statement was about any moves like cancelations or maybe moving the title to another magazine. My fault for don't make it clear.
I understand there's an editor who try to keeps Kubo (and any other author) on the track and gives him advices to avoid lost of popularity, but in Bleach's case we don't have a lot of effects in a long time; at least in what concerns volumes sales.

In the rankings, we saw the same talk about "now Kubo is in a trouble" in the beggining of Fullbring arc, when the series dropped hard. In the end of the arc, the serie started do get again in the top and this talk was lost. IIRC, it happened close to Tousen's fight too.

In fact, what is really worrying is the constant falls in the volumes sells of Bleach, not in the ranking.
 

matto24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
you think, more likely to drop Kurogane or Magico future?

Kurogane is going to become even more evil, and bottom by 1 bit (removing 1 week and 1 color), and sales are less than those of Magico, but it is going through a very bad TOC ...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top