If that's the case then why even look at the TOC and/or reader's survey? there are bunch of mangas that has nothing in common in JUMP. (Though Gintama and Bleach have a decent few things in common)
Why would you assume that Bleach fans read Bleach, or that Bleach fans read Gintama. Some might, others might not. Isn't it presumptuous to
assume that the success of one series has anything to do with the failing of another series? Can you show some sort of proof that Gintama placing first has any correlation to Bleach dropping? Or are we making assumptions based on one being low, the other being high.
I was not actually referring to the TOC though, which is why my post never mentioned the TOC. Prior to my post there was some discussion of how much better Gintama is than this manga, that manga, and Bleach. I was merely pointing out that comparing two manga that have virtually nothing in common is a bit silly. The appeal of each towards their respective fans is different enough that conversation between is somewhat pointless.
---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------
I actually don't look at new TOC's anymore, I don't read very many Jump series. One Piece and Hunter x Hunter are the only series I consistently enjoy, I still read Naruto and Bleach though. I used to read Sket Dance and intend to catch up someday soon. Otherwise everything in Jump bores the hell out of me.