Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asuka0112

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 23, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
China
So Momijind follows Jump's oneshot version with some little change and it's interesting. Now we have another romcom without ecchi just like Nise Koi but since Nise Koi are doing well, I wonder how far momiji can go... It'll be hard for them.

I hope at least it won't be given a dead end. :^_^.

Btw, a little weird that Jump didn't take a break this Golder Week.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Pajamas's getting a cp, nisekoi doing well and now a new romcom... Is jump going back to the past?
Jump's audience is aging, much of their vaunted young teen audience are now older teens. The success of One Piece seems to have lured more older readers to Jump, with readers over 19 now making up a significant part of their audience. The editors choice in new series reflects this, with more series that would appeal to older readers and less fantasy manga, which generally appeal most strongly to younger teens.

Here are demographics for 2011. Compare how much younger the average reader was in 2010. The media guide for 2012 is not yet out.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sad to see Bleach so low, it's been pretty good lately. One Piece should be ahead of Naruto, but that is what it is. Even Sabaody could not compete with the Uchiha brothers, at least not in rankings.
Could have something to do with the percentage of adults reading OP compared to Naruto, but that's nothing but a guess. To clarify, I don't think adult readers are voting much.
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Naruto taking first place was expected with the twist of the uchiha brothers meeting . i'm glad it's over one piece and hope it stays that way. ( stopped enjoying OP a long time ago)

as for gintama that's wonderful :D beating both naruto and op one week then getting 3rd place is very cool.

Could have something to do with the percentage of adults reading OP compared to Naruto, but that's nothing but a guess. To clarify, I don't think adult readers are voting much.
do you know the percentage of adults reading op and naruto ? if so then please could you share a link or something ?
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
The high placement of Nisekoi and HQ is probably the work of older readers. My guess is Naruto can thank Sasuke for reaching number one, Sasuke heavy chapters usually rank first. It should be noted that the entire top five, with the exception of new series HQ, are extremely popular with female readers. Naruto, One Piece, Gintama, and Toriko have large female followings, a market Jump has been exceptional at exploiting.
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
The high placement of Nisekoi and HQ is probably the work of older readers. My guess is Naruto can thank Sasuke for reaching number one, Sasuke heavy chapters usually rank first. It should be noted that the entire top five, with the exception of new series HQ, are extremely popular with female readers. Naruto, One Piece, Gintama, and Toriko have large female followings, a market Jump has been exceptional at exploiting.
Naruto has been getting a lot of 1st places before the whole " sasuke and uchiha brothers " thing. the war arc is getting really interesting though the meeting of the uchiha brothers is a factor it's not the whole reason behind naruto taking the first place
 

Limit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nice that Gintama is still doing well. I'm pretty sure it'll stay in the top 5 for a while, the current arc is awesome. Naruto being first is somewhat expected since both Sasuke and Itachi are in it, they both do have the biggest fan bases in Naruto. Though I doubt it'll stay in first. Kinda sad to se bleach so low, I may have dropped it but I dont think it's bad enough to be in the bottom 4.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
The high placement of Nisekoi and HQ is probably the work of older readers. My guess is Naruto can thank Sasuke for reaching number one, Sasuke heavy chapters usually rank first. It should be noted that the entire top five, with the exception of new series HQ, are extremely popular with female readers. Naruto, One Piece, Gintama, and Toriko have large female followings, a market Jump has been exceptional at exploiting.
Toriko has a large female following? :blink
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So Momijind follows Jump's oneshot version with some little change and it's interesting. Now we have another romcom without ecchi just like Nise Koi but since Nise Koi are doing well, I wonder how far momiji can go... It'll be hard for them.

I hope at least it won't be given a dead end. :^_^.

Btw, a little weird that Jump didn't take a break this Golder Week.
Momiji is a little ecchi. The first chapter has some panty scene.
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Koisome has ecchi
I'm not sure. The first chapter doesn't really have ecchi; it is even less than Pajama.

In change of subject, I wonder which series going to be the new bottom dwellers for next cancellation session. My bet is Mago, Medaka, Magico, and Kurogane; however, I don't think Mago and Medaka will be axed.
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I guess so, since chapter 1 of Koisome only has one panty shot.
Also with Hq!! being well received, I'd say Kurogane, too. But... yeah, we'll never know.

On another note, is Inumaru ending soon?
 
Last edited:

Josl

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
321
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
do you know the percentage of adults reading op and naruto ? if so then please could you share a link or something ?
Well the readership of OP is well known. Here is the link:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-02-09/nhk/9/10ths-of-one-piece-manga-buyers-are-adults
However I never knew that something like that was done for naruto. I googled a little bit but I only found an old article from 2009 on some kind of anime porn site:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/08/10/top-10-manga-of-2009-demographic-breakdown/

Naruto, One Piece, Gintama, and Toriko have large female followings, a market Jump has been exceptional at exploiting.
Dou you have any statics regarding Toriko. I somehow can't believe that Toriko has a big female following. For me Toriko is a Manga for manly man. I can't see the appeal to females. No romance like storyline, no bishonen characters, extremely old fashioned art style. Yes it does have a certain gay undertone but still hard to believe
 

wintercry

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2011
Messages
315
Reaction score
681
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Maybe the topless buffs attract female readers?
 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Dou you have any statics regarding Toriko. I somehow can't believe that Toriko has a big female following. For me Toriko is a Manga for manly man. I can't see the appeal to females. No romance like storyline, no bishonen characters, extremely old fashioned art style. Yes it does have a certain gay undertone but still hard to believe
Actually,I wouldn't be surprised.There are enough women who like incredibly manly men.I guess it's also their manly character that appeals to them.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There's a big female fanbase for Coco, from what I've seen. Plenty of BL fanart, too.

Has anyone seen any proof of the rumor about Inumaru ending being true?
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
There's a big female fanbase for Coco, from what I've seen. Plenty of BL fanart, too.
I just did a quick look at Pixiv's Super Comic City 21 tag for Toriko, and about 50 doujinshi circles shows up, all of them either BL or BL overtones. I dunno if that has any value to it, it certainly is more than Beelzebub.

But to be honest, if its in Jump and it sells well, there is going to be a decent sized fujoshi fanbase and BL attached to it. KochiKame seems to be the only exception. :XD
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's been mentioned that they were sold out in many places, often only having a couple remaining volumes left. Someone posted some twitter or 2chan messages where people pointed out shops with volumes.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
how is kurogane selling?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top