Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Gintama anime will come back when there's enough stock of manga to do it. Like next April or something, like last time. They even put a preview of the Kintama arc in episode 200.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
The Gintama anime will come back when there's enough stock of manga to do it. Like next April or something, like last time. They even put a preview of the Kintama arc in episode 200.
Yeah, the sales have been pretty good for the manga and excellent for the DVD's, which means the interest is still there. I'm just surprised there wasn't any news about a movie or anything this time around. The first one did pretty well, didn't it? Especially considering it was just a recap with only 40 percent new animation.

Oh and Shifu, it's episode 252 you meant, I think.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I thought this might be of interest here too:

Kishimoto: Naruto Manga to Continue Longer Than 1.5 Years

Naruto manga creator Masashi Kishimoto revealed in an interview that he anticipates that the manga will continue more than one and a half years from now. He noted that Tetsuya Nishio, the Naruto anime's character designer, had once asked, "How long will this go on…," and Kishimoto responded, "About a year and a half more to go." However, Kishimoto admitted that it now appears that the manga will continue beyond that timeframe.
This is quite surprising for me O__o I don't have a clue what Kishi has in mind to continue his series for "so" long - but it actually excites me a bit XD

On another note this means that Jump's three most popular series (I will consider Bleach as one of them for now) will stay together for way longer than I thought. It actually seems like it could even go beyond the one year and a half mark which means it will probably end in Spring 2013 at the earliest.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Not good news at all.
A good manga knows when to end and this war arc seems really like a good time to end.

But I guess I'm not surprised, because of 2 chapters ago with orochimaru and the "they" sasuke talked about. I won't be surprised if Kishi introduces a whole new organization and other new elements into the manga just to milk Naruto more than it needs and at the same time withdrawing everything that he had said about the manga ending "soon".


Continuing beyond 1.5 years with the story resources he have now seems to be just plainly milking the cow and I'm not even being biased.
If that is proving to be true, with new elements and etc then I think it is high time I just drop the series.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
8 Week Average Chart
Jump Series - 8 Week Averages (One Piece = Absent)

1.Toriko   2.6(▼0.1)
2.Naruto   3.3(△0.1)
3.Nisekoi  6.4(△0.5)
4.Haikyuu!  7.4(▼0.3)

5.Sket Dance  8.0(△0.4)
6.Kuroko    8.1(△2.3)
7.Gintama   11.0(▼1.7)
8.Beelzebub  11.3(△0.8)

9.Bleach      13.9(△0.6)
10.Medaka     15.0(▼0.4)
11.Kochikame   15.1(▼0.3)
12.Reborn!     15.9(△0.2)

13.Kurogane 16.9(―0.0)
14.Pajama  18.0(▼0.4)

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

New Series - 5 Week Average Chart

New Series - 5 Week Averages

Saiki       7.6
Koisome   10.3
Bulge     11.0

PSI Kusuo Saiki is currenty averaging just a bit below Nisekoi's, Ral Grad's and Enigma's 11th chapter average

Koisome Momiji is currently averaging slightly higher than ST&RS's 12th chapter average

Sensei no Bulge is currently averaging the same as Pajama na Kanojo's 10th chapter average
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Not good news at all.
A good manga knows when to end and this war arc seems really like a good time to end.

But I guess I'm not surprised, because of 2 chapters ago with orochimaru and the "they" sasuke talked about. I won't be surprised if Kishi introduces a whole new organization and other new elements into the manga just to milk Naruto more than it needs and at the same time withdrawing everything that he had said about the manga ending "soon".


Continuing beyond 1.5 years with the story resources he have now seems to be just plainly milking the cow and I'm not even being biased.
If that is proving to be true, with new elements and etc then I think it is high time I just drop the series.

Bolded:
Agreed. Dragging the series any further than that would be just milking the series. But if Kishi ends it within that time frame and doesn't go any further than that, I'll be satisfied. The whole mysterious new organization thingie (or something) that popped up recently being resolved within that time frame would (or should) be enough.
 
Last edited:

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
I thought this might be of interest here too:

Kishimoto: Naruto Manga to Continue Longer Than 1.5 Years



This is quite surprising for me O__o I don't have a clue what Kishi has in mind to continue his series for "so" long - but it actually excites me a bit XD

On another note this means that Jump's three most popular series (I will consider Bleach as one of them for now) will stay together for way longer than I thought. It actually seems like it could even go beyond the one year and a half mark which means it will probably end in Spring 2013 at the earliest.
wonderful news ... i hate the fact that this is the last arc , kishi is still keeping the series very damn interesting so i hope he keeps on as long as he wants because series like Naruto don't come that often

my only hope is that kubo too can regain the interest of fans so i can enjoy both
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not good news at all.
A good manga knows when to end and this war arc seems really like a good time to end.

But I guess I'm not surprised, because of 2 chapters ago with orochimaru and the "they" sasuke talked about. I won't be surprised if Kishi introduces a whole new organization and other new elements into the manga just to milk Naruto more than it needs and at the same time withdrawing everything that he had said about the manga ending "soon".


Continuing beyond 1.5 years with the story resources he have now seems to be just plainly milking the cow and I'm not even being biased.
If that is proving to be true, with new elements and etc then I think it is high time I just drop the series.
I personally view this as a positive.

What Naruto needs is a real plot twist and if the manga is going to go on this long then there just has to be one coming. The current course is leading to the same place Bleach's Aizen war arc did, except writing-wise I think it's significantly worse IMO (yeah, you heard me). So any hope of a shift from the obvious course is something I must take take as a hopeful sign.:^_^

If there really is 1.5 years left(about 70-80 chapters) that's enough time to right the proverbial ship; and, if not, it's not like the plot has much to lose.

------------------------------------------------

Then again none of this has been reflected in the rankings so perhaps I'm just a cantankerous fan with no taste.:amuse

Does anybody now what the rankings were like toward the end of the of Bleach's Aizen war? Because I'd be curious to learn if Bleach's ranking decline started during that or just after it finished.
 
Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought this might be of interest here too:

Kishimoto: Naruto Manga to Continue Longer Than 1.5 Years



This is quite surprising for me O__o I don't have a clue what Kishi has in mind to continue his series for "so" long - but it actually excites me a bit XD

On another note this means that Jump's three most popular series (I will consider Bleach as one of them for now) will stay together for way longer than I thought. It actually seems like it could even go beyond the one year and a half mark which means it will probably end in Spring 2013 at the earliest.
With the stuff Kishimoto has been pulling out of his ass lately, I'm not surprised. It seems like the series is just going to get artificially stretched out because Jump doesn't want to lose their second biggest cash cow.
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
it all depends on how kishi it executed. does he really has twist left over or does he just write some deus ex moments and reharsh old characters, as he did since the start of the war?
kabuto became a ultra strong technician for the sake of the story, which kinda felt out of place. also the resurrection of orochimaru sounds kinda stretched.

that the series goes on for another year is not for my surprise, really. i mean the fight between the mask guy and the conclusion of naruots/sasuke fate could alone take around 20-30 chapters. then we could have a lot of backstories about mask guy and don't forget the epilogue chapters for the end and the ceremony of naruto becoming hokage and many more things. the only thing i'm surprised at is that we didn't reach that point now, instead got these never ending battles which were the big problem for bleach in the arrancar arc, without real story/character development.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Does anybody now what the rankings were like toward the end of the of Bleach's Aizen war? Because I'd be curious to learn if Bleach's ranking decline started during that or just after it finished.
Here are the rankings from Deicide 1 to 23 (when Ichigo finally beats Aizen)

D1: Color Page
D2: 3rd
D3: 3rd
D4: Color Page
D5: 5th
D6: 3rd
D7: 6th
D1: 4th
D2: 4th
D3: 2nd
D4: Lead Color
D5: 4th
D6: Color Page
D7: 7th
D8: 2nd
D9: Color Page
D10: 7th
D11: Lead Color
D12: 4th
D13: 5th
D14: 4th
D15: 6th
D16: Lead Color
D17: 2nd
D18: 5th
D19: / (Bleach was absent)
D20: /
D21: Lead Color
D22: 1st
D23: 3rd
Silent Victory: 3rd
Farewell Swords (Last chap before the timeskip): 2nd
It's safe to say that the downfall started afterwards when you look at these rankings.

I took a look at the TOC's afterwards and it maintained good ranks until around the 20th chapter after the war, then it started to fall into the double digits and from here on it never really recovered (despite a few good ranks when the Shinigami popped up).
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yeah... I'm a pretty big Naruto fan, but that news is just disappointing. Unless of course Kishi manages to actually make the next arc pretty interesting and not feel like an unnecessary extension. I don't really see that happening though...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It just won't die :bored
Objectively I agree.

What Jammin said was a good point though. What does Naruto have to lose? The series was and still is occasionally great. If by some divine providence the series gets better I don't see too much downside to it. It's not like there's a wealth of new, good series that are getting edged out of the magazine because of Naruto's presence. There are a few series I don't care for where that's the case for me, but not it.

If the War arc hadn't been such a garbled mess then I would have disagree, but this way I think there's a chance it COULD...COULD redeem itself in some way.
 

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A year isn't much actually. Only about 45 chapters a year max in Shonen Jump if the author takes no breaks. So I expect Kishi to last until the late half of 2013 or early 2014.

Any more than that and Jump is really milking Naruto for everything. I personally stopped caring about Naruto after the first half of Shippuden. Its like below the top 25 shonen mangas on my favorites list. I'm just reading it to finish it for the sake of all the time I put into it.

Anyways I'm curious as to if Bleach will start recovering as it left the bottom 5 this week and might start stay in the mid range or even hit the top.

Also One Piece comes back next week so it will be interesting to see how rankings will be affected.
 

HalcyonDigest

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To anyone who can read Japanese, anyone care to tell me if there's any oneshots on that scan that are by an author who was previously in Jump? Just out of curiosity.
And I gotta say, that oneshot in the bottom row all the way to the right looks pretty interesting.
 
Last edited:

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
And I gotta say, that oneshot in the bottom row all the way to the left looks pretty interesting.
for me it would be the second from the left side in the top section. the character looks mature and not like a generic 12yrs old action hero.
 

HalcyonDigest

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
United States
for me it would be the second from the left side in the top section. the character looks mature and not like a generic 12yrs old action hero.
Oops I actually meant all the to the right.
And yeah, a lot of these oneshot leads don't look too conventional.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
My take on Naruto not ending for another 1.5 years (or around 70 chapters)
I haven't read Naruto in a loooong while, I have occasionally read some parts though, but anyway according to wiki war started at chapter 515 and its curretnly on chapter 594.. so it has been around 79 chapters. 79+70= 150 chapters give or take, around 17 volumes.

From what I have read (I have been reading at the chapter titles) so basically I dunno who has been reviving characters, Seven Swodrsman, old Kages, Asuma, Itachi, Pain, Kabuto dragon and now Orochimaru..

So I think there are a couple of things that are bound to happen:
-Jiraiya reviving
-Naruto's parents reviving
-The combination of all jinchurikis
-Naruto vs Dude in mask
-Naruto vs Sasuke (and team) (??)

Now as I haven't actually read any chapter I haven't heard of any new organization but.. It would be blatatnly stupid to include another organization this later in the story, I mean Akatsuki has always been heard of since some very early chapters and now pop! Deus Ex Machina organization that hasn't been heard of in almsot 600 chapters appears out of nowhere? C'mon..

Anyway there is one manga I could compare this war arc to, Dai No daiboken and its final arc IMO are very reminiscent of Naruto's war arc, this arc begins at chapter 241 and lasts until Dai No daiboken very last chapter (349) hopefully more users have read this manga, if not I encourage you as it is a pretty good read.

Anyway Dai No Daiboken final arc is 108 chapters in total, it is a 37 volume manga (IIRC) 12 of those 37 volumes is the last arc so I consider that Naruto's last arc lastin 17 volumes would be OK..

Now if what Kishimoto mean by 1.5 years at least is that he is planning on making a 3rd part well, I am OK with that too, I haven't read/watch naruto in a looooooooooooooong while but it sells well, it ranks well, its a pillar of JUMP so I am OK with it being there, its not like its taking spots from other mangas unlike say other dying cows *couhgBLEACHcoughReborn*
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top