It has a lot to lose. Now it is still popular and the end would be natural. There are many series which rankings sunk because of a loose end, it seems like Naruto managed to avoid it so far but this seems a bit like tempting the devil. Wouldn't Kishi talent be of better use on a new and fresh serie than milking a 10 years old one.Objectively I agree.
What Jammin said was a good point though. What does Naruto have to lose? The series was and still is occasionally great. If by some divine providence the series gets better I don't see too much downside to it. It's not like there's a wealth of new, good series that are getting edged out of the magazine because of Naruto's presence. There are a few series I don't care for where that's the case for me, but not it.
If the War arc hadn't been such a garbled mess then I would have disagree, but this way I think there's a chance it COULD...COULD redeem itself in some way.
Initially, I thought I may restart Naruto when it finished just to not die idiot, but such news really diminish the motivation I could have

), and then it was back to a "light versus dark" but this time with Senju and the Uchiha. The result of all this has been a gordian knot of plot threads.