Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Those are Bunkoubans, by the way. Jojo also has a couple other things... Besides the tankoubons still being printed, there are also "Jump Remix"'s which are renkabans (cheap versions) and are magazine-books with newly drawn covers. Those have like, a few different versions of different parts... but I think generally people either by the tankoubons (the regular Jump Comics ones) or the bunkoubans. There's no Kanzenban at the moment. You'd think they'd make one at this point, they've reprinted them SO much. Maybe once the series ends, if it ever does.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
@kewl:
The thing is now is the perfect moment.. Most kanzenbans are printed when something happens:
Hikaru No Go: Anime DVD is released
Saint Seiya: 25th anniversary and release of 2nd season of Hades arc OVAs
Prince of Tennis: Shin Prince of Tennis anime

Even Hunter X Hunter got a Soushuhen covering up to Greed Island in 6 books when its anime began, in fact Jojo's first arc was already published as Soushuhen (Spell might be wrong) back in 2007 with the movie and all that.

What I am saying is.. ITS A LONG SERIES AND either a Soushuuhen for the new fans or a Kanzenban for the perfectionist die-core fans would be a good option, this is one of those series were I would say: DO THEM BOTH!
Jojo is sure to have new fans via the anime and being a 100 or so volume manga.. Well Soushuuhens would really help..
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,558
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
There was actually an important TOC comment this week.

From the author of Naruto:

The Fourth Hokage's stone face in the flashback of chapter 599 was a mistake. Sorry!!
It will most likely be fixed in the official volume release.
I knew it!!! See!!?? this is why people shouldn't shouldn't throw a hissy fit over such an obvious mistake!!
 

crimsonlink310

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmm it feels and looks like Bleach will become the HXH of this generation of Jump mangas. Sell extremely well in the half million range but rank horribly on the TOC.

Surprised to see Gintama missing this week and then OP missing next week. Maybe Kishi and Kubo will follow the next 2 weeks after lol.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Haikyuu!! volume 1 and 2 are getting complete reprintings again.
 

DidCart

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
113
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Anyone has a working link for the Jojo drawings?
 

Seelentau

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
31
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hello, my dear Naruto fans
Today I come to you in search of a certain WSJ issue. In this issue, a special mini databook of Naruto and One Piece was included, called 週刊少年ジャンプ2大HERO BOOK. I want to buy this issue, but I have no clue which it is.
The only reference I can give you is the Naruto chapter published in this magazine should have a number from 245-250. I don't know when those chapters (or the relating issues) were published.
I've searched for it the whole day without a result, so please help me? :3

Edit: If anyone volunteers to translate it, that'd be good enough, too. But I only have a low quality scan of it.
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Naruto chapter 245 was around 2005 issue 9. Here you have all the 2005 jump covers.
 

Seelentau

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
31
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
mh, I got that far myself, too. Even found that same page :D
But how do I know about what's in the issue? Are there any complete scans on the internet or can I buy those issues anywhere?
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Dude... that's an .exe file...
It says "zip" file right there! And it's not like redon would have a reason to post a virus/trojaner in an anime/ manga board, contrary to others he's got some reputation to lose.
 

DidCart

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
113
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It says "zip" file right there! And it's not like redon would have a reason to post a virus/trojaner in an anime/ manga board, contrary to others he's got some reputation to lose.
When you download it, it appears as an .zip.exe file... i don't think it was on purpose.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
It is nice to see haikyu getting a cover, I hope it'll get more love from the Manga Editors because it is a cool sports manga...

Anyway, I hope that the batch of new series (upcoming month?) will be more interesting
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
is it really already time for another batch? takamagahra and koisome weren't even ended yet, to make room for the next batch.
 

HalcyonDigest

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But they're dangerously close to cancellation. We also shouldn't rule out the idea that Jump may cancel Takamagahara quicker than expected and add one new series. I remember that happened last year when Kikai Banashi tanked and was replaced with Kurogane.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
ジャンプフェスタスーパーステージ情報

土
青の祓魔師
岡本信彦、福山潤、神谷浩史、花澤香菜、藤原啓二
黒子のバスケ
小野賢章、小野友樹、諏訪部順一、折笠富美子、藤巻忠俊
NARUTO
竹内順子、杉山紀章、中村千絵、井上和彦、岸本斉史
遊戯王ゼアルⅡ
畠中祐、小松未可子、内山昂輝、増田俊樹
ONE PIECE
田中真弓、岡村明美、中井和哉、山口勝平、平田広明、大谷育江、山口由里子、矢尾一樹、チョー

日
ToLOVEる ダークネス
渡辺明乃、戸松遥、豊崎愛生、井口由香、矢吹健太郎、長谷見沙貴
めだかボックス
豊崎愛生、小野友樹、茅野愛衣、浪川大輔
HUNTER×HUNTER
藩めぐみ、伊瀬茉莉也、沢城みゆき、宮野真守、浪川大輔
銀魂
杉田智和、阪口大輔、釘宮理恵、日野聡
ONE PIECE
田中真弓、岡村明美、中井和哉、山口勝平、平田広明、大谷育江、山口由里子、矢尾一樹、尾田栄一郎

Jump Festa 2013 Stage Information ~

Saturday (December 22)
Ao no Exorcist
Kuroko no Basket - (Author will make an appearance on stage)
Naruto - (Author will make an appearance on stage)
Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal II
One Piece

Sunday (December 23)
ToLOVEru Darkness - (Authors will make an appearance on stage)
Medaka Box
Hunter×Hunter
Gintama
One Piece - (Author will make an appearance on stage)
 
Last edited:

Lutzinho

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
54
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
But they're dangerously close to cancellation. We also shouldn't rule out the idea that Jump may cancel Takamagahara quicker than expected and add one new series. I remember that happened last year when Kikai Banashi tanked and was replaced with Kurogane.
I hope not. Takamagahara has been really good lately :hee
 
Last edited:

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I hope not. Takamagahara has been really good lately :hee
I also think so but the damage done by the first few chapters were probably to much to give it a chance of surviving. It would have been better if he had ended the first one with takamagahara itself, which was quite impressive.

The mangaka is a newbie, isn't he? if thats the case + his ranking doesn't look that good for it to survive, without an already established fanbase.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top