Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Jump Giga keeping it classy

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also
 
Last edited by a moderator:

UFOCat

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
201
Reaction score
56
Age
29
Country
United States
Sahara the Flower Samurai is really cool! I decided to read it anyways since my issue of Jump Giga arrives tomorrow. Now I can focus all my attention of Kaijuu no Buki Shokunin. Please don't disappoint Kaijuu no Buki Shokunin!
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sahara the Flower Samurai is really cool! I decided to read it anyways since my issue of Jump Giga arrives tomorrow. Now I can focus all my attention of Kaijuu no Buki Shokunin. Please don't disappoint Kaijuu no Buki Shokunin!
I'm waiting for mine tomorrow, too. I hope I have enough time to send in the reader's survey.
 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
Flower Samurai was nice I wouldn't mind seeing it serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump if that was possible. By the way is it just me or does Tokiro look a little bit like Emma Watson?

It felt to me like Mononofu wasn't going anywhere so I am not that bothered about it. Ikezawa should play it safe next time if he wants to create a sports manga he should try going for a popular one like football or tennis but I do not know if he'll be able to pull it off. He could try something entirely different than sports but I have a feeling he'll come back with a swimming manga.

New serialization round doesn't look that great but I am keeping my hopes up.

Yakusoku Neverland, I have seen some of the Neverland duo's art and I quite liked it I have a lot of faith in them for some reason so let us see what they are capable of.

Love Rush, Well it seems like people dislike Love Rush before it even started I do believe it has a slim chance of surviving but let us wait and see. It could be a good romcom and a little harem never hurts anyone in my opinion so it has my interest. I never got the time to check out E-Robot so I cant say much about the Mangaka.

Red Sprite, never was a fan of Iron Knight or Tomohiro Yagi's art style but that was almost three years ago. I doubt Red Sprite would work without some major changes as I said I am keeping my hopes up. I am a sucker for any military related shit and the main character seemed badass but its difficult to take him seriously when he looks like a toddler.
 

kobester11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 8, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
MS did the Samurai one huh. Just according to keikkaku.

Well after the E-robot fiasco they didn't jumpstart Yuragi. Now, yuragi is dominating the rankings...
Yeah there's a high chance they'll pick up Love Rush...

The ones they usually want to pick up mostly turns into a failure though...
Make me want them to not pick anything at all!
 

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,758
Reaction score
17,727
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Weekly Shonen Jump #34/2015 cover.

 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
3 new series? So, no anniversary cover for BnHA or Bleach?
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
For those who read, how good was the series of Yuu Miki?
Even though Rogii was a failure I recall his last oneshot being good and wish to see more from him.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I blame a certain loud group for that, I give you a hint starts with a S ends with a W
Honestly, they're pretty justified about it. If Jump should keep releasing ecchi rom-coms, they should look for something that puts its own spin on the genre. Out of all genres, romcom is among the least developed. I don't mind if Jump wants to keep releasing those, but if they were to personally want me to have a look at it, then at least make sure it has its own spin on it. Not just some copy-paste of existing mangas.

I still weep for iShoujo's cancellation..... Can anybody direct me to a place where they have the Jump Plus version?
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
3 new series? So, no anniversary cover for BnHA or Bleach?
I don't understand why BnHA didn't get an anniversary cover yet this year. I think it will get a cover after the new series start, Jump has already delayed Haikyuu anniversary covers even though it's a big hit, so it may happen with BnHA too.

But Bleach probably won't get any more covers, because it'll end on its anniversary. So it will probably just get the usual center color page for its final chapter.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Well after the E-robot fiasco they didn't jumpstart Yuragi. Now, yuragi is dominating the rankings...
Yeah there's a high chance they'll pick up Love Rush...

The ones they usually want to pick up mostly turns into a failure though...
Make me want them to not pick anything at all!
Nah, they did a Jump Start of E-Robot because based on the rough drafts, they believed the ecchi was comical rather than sexual like Lady Justice and Yuragi. Nothing at all to do with how it was received by their audience at the time.
If they listened to their subscriber base, they wouldn't do Jump Starts anymore because it's pissing off people that they don't complete so many of the previews they do.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
yesssssss!

they have been doing multiple title such as The Emperor and I & Dragon Ball Super for free too
 

Ihore

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
2,280
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Toriko is doing quite well these last few weeks.
Its still the only series that hasn't gotten a CP this year though iirc.

I must say Black Clover latest chapter is quite impactful
 
Last edited:

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
It has a volume coming out next month I am interested to see if all the promotion it has been getting pays off
There is a novel as well which I would be shocked if anyone spends their money on.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States

Ihore

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
2,280
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Kingdom isn't even licensed so i doubt that has a chance.
If Black Clover was the only one that followed those tropes, it would have been nice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top