Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenotebook

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
63
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That was pretty cute, though I think all those pages dedicated to the audience orgasming might have been a little excessive.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think this time I'm gonna try to read it in Japanese.... I will take one week or so to read it entirely, but I think it is reasonable. People don't have the will to translate such series, unfortunately... If I wait, I will read next year...
My first impression is good, I liked the art and the story looks refreshing. If it is as good as Koganeiro, it has a high potential.
 
Last edited:

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Really interested me, I'll be rooting for the series. I read Koganeiro frantically, and became mangaka fan since xD
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
O my god I really didn't like it.That's one the worst thing I ever read in jump
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
O my god I really didn't like it.That's one the worst thing I ever read in jump
Wow now Im not excited for Monday to come to read that. Hopefully viz wont pick it up permanently.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Really interested me, I'll be rooting for the series. I read Koganeiro frantically, and became mangaka fan since xD
Join the club! Me too. :D
Koganeiro looked like something normal at first but it grew in something with a relevant message to the reader; this with just 3 chapters! I am looking forward to seeing how the author will handle a full series this time.
 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Sesuji's got me pretty excited, I hope the Japanese readers like it (because they're the ones who matter anyway), I'm definitely voting for it this week at the digital survey
 

taqzer

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
184
Reaction score
181
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm with Eru13, really liked the one shot and I enjoyed the first chapter almost as much. I can only hope the reception of the series will be half as good as it was for the one shot, it should find success if it is. Art is noticeably better for a start.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Sesuji's got me pretty excited, I hope the Japanese readers like it (because they're the ones who matter anyway), I'm definitely voting for it this week at the digital survey
So, we have a rival for Nisekoi or... ?
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'll be honest, I really like HxH but honestly the series should have ended with ch340 (ch339-340 can be considered a natural end too, looking at Gon's goal in ch1). No wonder they're labelling it as complete, the mangaka pre-published 8-9 chapters in WSJ after ch340, with one chapter left to actually make a volume 33 and who knows when this will be published if it's published at all.
 

Covers

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2014
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
2,326
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
WSJ #24 Digital:





 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
So, we have a rival for Nisekoi or... ?
It's a pretty unique series so I'd say its biggest rival is itself in terms of how much it can draw and keep people's attention
I can say ch 1 had me interested the whole time at least xD
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's a pretty unique series so I'd say its biggest rival is itself in terms of how much it can draw and keep people's attention
I can say ch 1 had me interested the whole time at least xD
Stop. You will make me spend more time than I should reading this series and I have tests to do this week. :lmao
Gonna read a bit later.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
The first chapter of Sesuji Wo Pin feels a bit incomplete? I feel like more could have been covered. The overall pacing was also a bit slow. However, I kinda like it since it's feature competitive ballroom dancing.

Based on the raw, I can roughly understand what's going on. All the school clubs are showcasing their skills to recruit new members. The ballroom dancing club got the attention of the audience. Many of the boys decided to signed up for it because of the hot chick. But the afro dude scared away most of them leaving only 2: our main hero and heroine. Then, both of them were given a welcome to the club. It feels really short for 45 pages.
The dance part was great but I think it went on for way too long. There was barely any focus on our main hero and heroine.
Note I can't read japanese.

I have my doubts on whether this can survive...
 

Bluenotebook

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
63
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The first chapter of Sesuji Wo Pin feels a bit incomplete? I feel like more could have been covered. The overall pacing was also a bit slow. However, I kinda like it since it's feature competitive ballroom dancing.

Based on the raw, I can roughly understand what's going on. All the school clubs are showcasing their skills to recruit new members. The ballroom dancing club got the attention of the audience. Many of the boys decided to signed up for it because of the hot chick. But the afro dude scared away most of them leaving only 2: our main hero and heroine. Then, both of them were given a welcome to the club. It feels really short for 45 pages.
The dance part was great but I think it went on for way too long. There was barely any focus on our main hero and heroine.
Note I can't read japanese.

I have my doubts on whether this can survive...
I feel the exact same way. The ending felt so abrupt because not much happened
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We are talking about a series, not an oneshot... It was strange that it was not incomplete. :lmao
Jokes apart, the series generally have a first chapter like an oneshot, with beginning, middle and ending, but it is not always true, the events may not end in the same chapter.
I read 12 pages and I enjoyed so far, it has likeable characters, the first thing for a good series.

---------- Post added May 11, 2015 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was May 10, 2015 at 11:15 PM ----------

I read a bunch of pages now and it became even more awesome! It left me excited. Gonna read the rest by tomorrow, I think. :zomg
 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I posted a translation for the first chapter of sesuji so those who can't wait or can't access Viz's release can use it as help to read if you want
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
That girl, on the right page, such a MEDAKA vibe :)

Nice ToC to me :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top