Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Wow,I cant believe it!Both Hinomaru zumou and gakkyu hyoutei are in the bottom and WT is just before the last place.This is a really singular bottom
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow,I cant believe it!Both Hinomaru zumou and gakkyu hyoutei are in the bottom and WT is just before the last place.This is a really singular bottom
Gakkyuu hotei will be up next week I bet, nothing to worry about.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Gakkyuu hotei will be up next week I bet, nothing to worry about.
Last time you said such a thing the series was cancelled a few weeks after. It is a signal of bad luck and I don't want to see Gakkyu Houtei cancelled despite all, so stop.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Edit: Hero Academia is 5th

Issue #14 Bottom 5
Hinomaru Zumo
Gakkyuu Hottei
Kochikame
World Trigger
Ageha

Issue #15
Lead CP/Cover: One Piece
Center Colour: Hero Academia, Isobee, USB
Ouch, WTs position... just to look at it hurts already...
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ouch, WTs position... just to look at it hurts already...
Yeah, so frikking low, it's just sad. Same for Hinomaru Zumo... :C
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Edit: Hero Academia is 5th

Issue #14 Bottom 5
Hinomaru Zumo
Gakkyuu Hottei
Kochikame
World Trigger
Ageha

Issue #15
Lead CP/Cover: One Piece
Center Colour: Hero Academia, Isobee, USB
While Hinomaru Zumo and Gakkyuu Hottei positions seem bad they aren't that bad. Hinomaru Zumo is in 8th and Gakkyuu Hottei is 9th, given their respective averages of 6 and 8, it is just 2 and 1 positions below respectively.
Remember that Isobe is in last place, there are 4 titles right now that aren't ranked and Bleach and Assassination Classroom have Color Page this week. Look specially at Bleach that due to the Color Page isn't in the bottom like normal.

World Trigger is cause for worrying, because is even below Kochikame, I hope is not something that becomes frequent!
In terms of positioning it is in 11th, and is in 3rd to last, not 2nd to last(Isobe is still in last). Note also that this year World Trigger already got a worse position, 13th in issue 10. Where it got 4th to last, but after that recovered to the middle of the list.

Right now instead of the normal 2 titles unranked, making 18 ranked titles, we have 7 titles unraked(Isobe fixed, 2 color pages and 4 new titles), making 13 ranked titles. In the next 6 issues things will be even worse, with only 12 ranked titles(unless one of the new titles gets a cover page while not ranked).
I hope that with Isobe fixed at the end, the magazine will add another slot!

Is not USB, but UBS, right? Ultimate Battle Satellite!
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nisekoi was in 9th for 3 consecutive weeks and in those 3 weeks people said it would be cancelled and mimimimi even though it is more successful than Hinomaru and Gakkyu summed. Just commenting the impartiality of the people when commenting TOC and I explained everything, but...
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
WT's position seems pretty low. I really wanna see how high Bleach CP is placed given how it would mostly show
Aizen
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Nisekoi was in 9th for 3 consecutive weeks and in those 3 weeks people said it would be cancelled and mimimimi even though it is more successful than Hinomaru and Gakkyu summed. Just commenting the impartiality of the people when commenting TOC and I explained everything, but...
Well, I'm not one of those people. I already spoke about my problems with Nisekoi, so I don't talk about it every week(also because right now I'm behind :P) and less about his probability of cancellation. More because it already has a 2nd season announced. Only if something really wrong happens it will be cancelled before that anime season ends.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What about that was full of heart? What was unique? There are literally dozens, not make that hundreds of manga, that had that very same or similar structure and line of direction for the introduction of the MC. You simply haven't read, remember or acknowledge them at the moment.
Though there may be other series you could never feel the voice of the author through them. They just felt like writers following a checklist halfheartedly to put out a manga just for the sake of earning that money for that months paycheck.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, I'm not one of those people. I already spoke about my problems with Nisekoi, so I don't talk about it every week(also because right now I'm behind :P) and less about his probability of cancellation. More because it already has a 2nd season announced. Only if something really wrong happens it will be cancelled before that anime season ends.
I know that you are not one of those people, that's why I didn't quote you directly. It is irrelevant one's opinion about a series when he is talking about TOC, the numbers are there and they are as objective as ever, we know very well what brings the cancelation of a series and Nisekoi doesn't fit those circumstances. One only considers Nisekoi cancellation because they don't like the series and want to get rid of it because reasons in the TOC and sales for its cancelation don't exist.
True, with anime announced and good sales, it is very hard to believe that they series is going to be cancelled, only if Komi Naoshi get arrested like Shimabukuro. :lmao

You should catch up with it, the recent chapters are very good.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I dont read Black Clover, but
Though there may be other series you could never feel the voice of the author through them. They just felt like writers following a checklist halfheartedly to put out a manga just for the sake of earning that money for that months paycheck.
my dear Sharkbait, that sounds very 'cheesy' & vacously.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I dont read Black Clover, but

my dear Sharkbait, that sounds very 'cheesy' & vacously.
If you reread the past threads all his comments sound like that about mangas Sharkbait likes.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Black Clover is too formulaic for my taste. It has all the things that should make a shonen manga great, and I'm sure some people will see those things and love it for that, but to me it's like reading a manga I've already read before. I get the distinct impression that the mangaka studied a bunch of other popular series and created this in a very calculated way, and I just... want something more original and organic. If the third chapter plays out how I think it will, I'll probably lose interest altogether..
But its doing things in a way to be the in the upper echelon of the liked series.

Last time you said such a thing the series was cancelled a few weeks after. It is a signal of bad luck and I don't want to see Gakkyu Houtei cancelled despite all, so stop.
Gakkyu Hotei is going so strong right now. Its pacing and plot strongly suggests and highly implies that it wont be cancelled in a few weeks. Theres no way it wont be making its one year anniversary like was suggested in a previous post. THAT mystery will keep people glued to the series until the specifics regarding it are finally revealed. I dont think there is anything to indicate that in the next few weeks it will perform worst than a few of the new series and a few old ones too.
 
Last edited:

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
If Hinomaru Sumo gets cancelled I'll be legitimately butthurt. It's already one of my favorite Jump series of all time.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Its pacing and plot strongly suggests and highly implies that I wont be cancelled in a few weeks.
I feel like we have to tell you every serialization round that the pacing and plot literally does not matter in the slightest in regards to the cancellation of series.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
When the series has about ten chapters the pace really doesn't matter, the author can come up with anything to finish the series when he receives a cancelation notification.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I feel like we have to tell you every serialization round that the pacing and plot literally does not matter in the slightest in regards to the cancellation of series.
And I feel like as a part of the first post in every new Jump TOC talk thread we should include a history of Sharkbait posts with a warning/suggestion that everyone ignore reality and insert their own. It'd still be a waste of time of course, but it'd keep things interesting I guess.

Oh right. I guess I'm back or something. Nice to see Boku no hero doing so well since I've started reading and enjoying that. I haven't read any of the new serializations and probably won't until after their respective first volumes have been released and we have a better idea of what's going to stick around. Y'know, before popping our misguided collars. I kind of dig the girl's design for Kami, and I like Iwashiro in general so my hopes are on that. I reiterate that I haven't read the series at all and am not judging it on it's story or stayability, but purely aestetic appeal.


...If only more people would start their often misguided "fact" posts with that bolded sentence. It'd keep the thread from spiraling into despair.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When the series has about ten chapters the pace really doesn't matter, the author can come up with anything to finish the series when he receives a cancelation notification.
Unlike Hi-Fi Cluster, among others, I dont think there is a way that the writer of Gakkyu Hotei could just pull something out like that to end the series. Entertaining the worst case scenario, I just dont see it ending before its 25th chapter.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Unlike Hi-Fi Cluster, among others, I dont think there is a way that the writer of Gakkyu Hotei could just pull something out like that to end the series. Entertaining the worst case scenario, I just dont see it ending before its 25th chapter.
Have you ever read Shaman King?
That series just straight up ended mid-arc.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Unlike Hi-Fi Cluster, among others, I dont think there is a way that the writer of Gakkyu Hotei could just pull something out like that to end the series. Entertaining the worst case scenario, I just dont see it ending before its 25th chapter.
There is always a way, it must have a way. Jump editors will not wait patiently until the author wants to end a series that doesn't give them profit enough. It will be cancelled in x weeks and period. The author has to do the possible and impossible to end decently, at least, until there.
If I didn't know you, I would think that you are naive, but I think it is not the case.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top