Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netorare

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2012
Messages
225
Reaction score
260
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Yokota Takuma? YES!
Koganeiro was nice but of course his best work was Onanie Master Kurosawa (with Ise, Katsura)
 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Issue #21 ToC
Nisekoi (Cover, Lead CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Toriko
Shokugeki no Soma
Black Clover
Gintama
Haikyuu (Center Color)
World Trigger
Hinomaru Zumou
Haeniwa no Zig Zag (Oneshot, Center Color)
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
Kagamigami (Center Color)
Kochikame
UBS
Gakkyuu Houtei
Oneshot (Bleach's replacement)
Kaizou Ningen Roggy
Takujou no Ageha
Isobe
 
Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Who is Ogino Ken? Is that even a real person!?
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Weekly Shonen Jump
Top Ranked Positions Averages from 2015 TOC(#1 - #21)

1º - One Piece(1.75)
2º - Boku no Hero Academia(2.14)
3º - Assassination Classroom(2.29)
4º - Haikyuu!!(3.64)
5º - Shokugeki no Soma(3.73)

---
6º - Black Clover(5.67)
6º - Kagamigami(5.67)
8º - Toriko(5.83)
9º - Hinomaru Zumou(6.50)
10º - Gintama(6.53)

---
11º - Saiki Kusuo no Sainan(7.11)
12º - World Trigger(8.31)
13º - Nisekoi(8.33)
14º - Bleach(10.40)
15º - Gakkyuu Houtei(10.82)

---
16º - Ultra Battle Satellite(11.00)
17º - Kochikame(11.05)
18º - Takujou no Ageha(12.21)

SPECIAL - Isobe Isobee Monogatari(12.75)
20º - Kaizou Ningen Roggy(13.00)
---
21º - Judos(13.00)
22º - Hi-Fi Cluster(13.71)
23º - E-Robot(13.75)
24º - Sporting Salt(14.38)
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Preview Shounen Jump Issue #22/23:
Cover, Lead CP: One Piece:
CP: Black Clover, Naruto Gaiden, One Shot
Preview Shounen Jump Issue #24:
Cover, Lead CP: Sesuji wo Pin! to Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso (Yokota Takuma)

Preview Shounen Jump Issue #25:
Cover, Lead CP: Lady Justice (Ogino Ken)

Preview Shounen Jump Issue #26:
Cover, Lead CP: Devilyman
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
A manga about dancing & an action manga with a female lead in Jump?

I don't know about this.....
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Maybe this had been asked numerous time, if a series getting high rank most of weeks but have low sales (<100.000) will it get cancelled?
A series selling 100,000 copies for the first volume would be phenomenal. Most new series that are expected to be success sell about 30-50,000 copies for their first volume.

Now I'm not sure exactly, but I think Nougami Neuro never sold more than 100,000 copies per volume, but because it had a strong, niche fanbase, it lasted 20 volumes, which in my opinion it did quite well.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

A manga about dancing & an action manga with a female lead in Jump?

I don't know about this.....
Female leads in action manga is totally my jam. Bring it on!

As for dancing, why not? They have so many reality TV shows about dancing, it can be quite competitive even.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Female leads in action manga is totally my jam. Bring it on!
The last one I read in Jump (Medaka) left me with bad taste in my mouth

I'm looking forward for Tamura's series though yes I know technically the female lead is a dude
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The last one I read in Jump (Medaka) left me with bad taste in my mouth

I'm looking forward for Tamura's series though yes I know technically the female lead is a dude
Tamura ain't back yet bruddah.


Man Jump's lineup is just so tight I right now. It's unreal.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I know

I'm just saying his one shot it may change my mind about Jump series with female lead when it get serialized
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The Edited Manga for chapter 7 of Black Clover is out

is Tabata really ripping off Attack on Titan?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *mega facepalm*

how low this series can go ?
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Now I'm not sure exactly, but I think Nougami Neuro never sold more than 100,000 copies per volume, but because it had a strong, niche fanbase, it lasted 20 volumes, which in my opinion it did quite well.
Volume 23 of Neuro sold 120,450 by week 4.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yoko new series is based on the '11 Welcome to the Competitive Dance Club one shot I guess, it was pretty well received back in the day.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
The last one I read in Jump (Medaka) left me with bad taste in my mouth

I'm looking forward for Tamura's series though yes I know technically the female lead is a dude
Well then let me ask you, was it the fact that she's female that put you off? Or was it like, anything else in the manga? Medaka Box was no masterpiece, but for the female lead alone it was quite brilliant.

I don't think Tamura should serialize Tiger Dragon Brothers. He should put out more oneshots first.
 

neozero

RAW Provider
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
37
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Yoko new series is based on the '11 Welcome to the Competitive Dance Club one shot I guess, it was pretty well received back in the day.
Yes. It is "Welcome to the Competitive Dance Club" one shot on 2011.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The last one I read in Jump (Medaka) left me with bad taste in my mouth

I'm looking forward for Tamura's series though yes I know technically the female lead is a dude
Medaka was terrible (overpowered, secretely evil, got in the way of everyone's progress), zenkichi was the true star. None of the new series seem good. Their art style isnt appealibg either.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Medaka is a criticism of a gary stu/mary stu character and the archetype of MC of Shonen jump(the example is luffy , toriko....).
Zenkichi is the representation of the hard work character , other archetype of shonen jump MC(Deku , Soma are example)
You hate or like the series but Nisiosin is a genious.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well then let me ask you, was it the fact that she's female that put you off?
I don't care about if manga has a female lead or not, my only concern is it in Jump & those often don't do so well

Or was it like, anything else in the manga? Medaka Box was no masterpiece, but for the female lead alone it was quite brilliant.
I'm happy that you & other people enjoy MB, because I personally didn't care for it

I don't think Tamura should serialize Tiger Dragon Brothers. He should put out more oneshots first.
Its' a win win situation for me, If he made another one shot I'll be happy, If he didn't & decided to go with Tiger Dragon Bros I'll will be happy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top