Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
This?

休載 = Nonappearance in print (aka hiatus)
I don't know why they still take the trouble to notify...
Because the absence of HxH (in general the absence of each running series) is mentioned in every issue on the TOC page. Eg. have a look at this week's TOC page: Bleach, One Piece and HxH are listed as absent

 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You took the trouble to edit the images and upload them just to show me this? :XD
The magazine has to notify, obviously, but the readers know two facts:
1) Hiatus x Hiatus is ALWAYS in hiatus.
2) If, for some miracle, it returns, Jump will announce beforehand, it will not appear out of nowhere.
So, the informaiton is implicit. At least here, people rarely take the trouble to say when they post the TOC.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

I just saw this on the Twitter. Korosensei face is suitable for some unusual products. :lmao

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ansatsu_anime/status/590153668646703104[/tweet]
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Has left the authors comments?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What do people see in Marika. Raku Shu Paula McCoy and Onodera are where its at ;(
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Mad Max trailer, Star Wars toys, Avengers fanarts... This guy is really a nerd.

I don't like Nisekoi, but Chitoge is my fav.
Btw, Leoat, what do you think of this "jumping in the middle of nowhere" poster?
 
Last edited:

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Kagamigami in a true ranking would probably be at the very least 9th and at best 8th place since Naruto's spinoff as a CP will probably get a high position and Soma might as well since it's a successful series and all, although I admit i'm kinda biased towards it
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't like Nisekoi, but Chitoge is my fav.
Btw, Leoat, what do you think of this "jumping in the middle of nowhere" poster?
It is a CP, the poster was the other image. Techinically speaking, I will think the same thing as any other CP, but it is attenuated by the fact that there are many cheerleaders photos doing such a thing because they jump a lot.
 
Last edited:

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Koshis the ultimate nerd
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
That Toriko chapter. It's calling for all the Fujoshis and Fudanshis and Gender Bender fans. I like how subtle and ironically Shimabukuro is playing the sort of homoerotic card in some arcs!
THe My Hero Academia Chapter was just awesome!
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That Toriko chapter. It's calling for all the Fujoshis and Fudanshis and Gender Bender fans. I like how subtle and ironically Shimabukuro is playing the sort of homoerotic card in some arcs!
THe My Hero Academia Chapter was just awesome!
Todoroki continues to prove that he is in the lead for best Hero Academia character.

BLack Clover intro arc was fantastic,the Nishonya/Tanaka hybrid magician and Asta and his pet bird were fun. Fun issue of jump all aroud.

People need to start changing to Onodera avys.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think WSJ just gave Black Clover Roggy's turn for color pages since they're gonna cancel it anyway
That is not even remotely true or even in the realm of possibility.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
That Toriko chapter. It's calling for all the Fujoshis and Fudanshis and Gender Bender fans. I like how subtle and ironically Shimabukuro is playing the sort of homoerotic card in some arcs!
This arc was so bizarre that it surpassed all records that Toriko had registered in this item. I laughed a lot every chapter and the last chapter was the epic final. :p
 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I found a pretty interesting video I thought I should share with you guys
It's a compilation of Anime OPs for series based on Weekly Shounen Jump mangas which had a new season begin between January 2010 and April 2015
Even if it's rather new it's kinda nostalgic, it makes me want to watch a compilation of OPs of every Jump anime ever...But I guess that's too much to ask for xD
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Pochikuro is finally out in English! Hooray for Easy Going! :D
It was my current "like the art, but never read the story" series so far and I will finally be able to read it.

I enjoyed the first chapter as I predicted... It is an interesting story after all, has likeable characters and a crazy plot to come along. :p
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I absolutely LOVED the first chapter of Pochi Kuro, I can definitely see this getting big in the manga community if EGS keep on translating chapters regularly

quick question:

So, people buy WSJ to read stuff like Judos, HiFi Cluster, Sporting Salt, Ageha, E-Robot & etc.....
meanwhile stuff like Pochi Kuro is free for everyone to read?

WTH Jump?
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I absolutely LOVED the first chapter of Pochi Kuro, I can definitely see this getting big in the manga community if EGS keep on translating chapters regularly

quick question:

So, people buy WSJ to read stuff like One Piece, Assassination Classroom, Boku no Hero Academia, Haikyuu!!, Shokugeki no Soma & etc.....
meanwhile stuff like Pochi Kuro is free for everyone to read?

WTH Jump?
Corrected the bolded part!
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Corrected the bolded part!
well yes, but you missed the point of my post

maybe i didn't explain my point good enough

I'm talking about the editors letting weak series get a run in the main magazine & letting them get famous & people buy would their volume
while a better series is just thrown to the side

I'm wondering how do they decide what series get serialized in what magazine
 

kobester11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 8, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Isn't that much better? Since its running on Jump+ it has less chance of getting canceled. I think they're doing that to show the meh author whats it to work in WSJ. How they do things, rankings and etc.

Series with potential goes to jump+
While Hit or miss series goes to WSJ.
 

rio poneglyph

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
30
Reaction score
140
Gender
Male
Country
England
cont'd

39 :39 ◆7zq1d2q4b2Is @転載は禁止:2015/04/21(火) 20:53:05.73 ID:1GlhejiJ0

ブラクロだけど、目次的にはソーマがセンター扱いになってたので。
カラーはなかったけど、本編の前にヒロイン集合の短編13ページがあったよ
ちなブラクロは7番目だわ
あとソウルはカラー予告ページあったけど、やはり超発表ありとしか書いてなかったね。
ナルトは読んでないけど700+1話表記だった。710まであるんじゃねw
USBも読んでないけどタイトルは 百地流 だった。
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I absolutely LOVED the first chapter of Pochi Kuro, I can definitely see this getting big in the manga community if EGS keep on translating chapters regularly

quick question:

So, people buy WSJ to read stuff like Judos, HiFi Cluster, Sporting Salt, Ageha, E-Robot & etc.....
meanwhile stuff like Pochi Kuro is free for everyone to read?

WTH Jump?
I doubt it would even still be running if it were in Jump. It's really fun, but honestly a bit too weird to get the votes in my opinion. Chapters are shorter than usual too, only about 16 pages instead of 19, plus they can run small side chapters if the author can't finish the full one.
Oh well, there's enough reasons for me to ignore the translation anyway. Glad someone is finally doing it, maybe I should finally do the oneshot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top