Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
I feel that Ziga-Ziga has a survival vibe. Luckily this element will be better developed than in TPN.

Has anyone watched O My Jump! ?
I want to, but I can only find Spanish Sub and Indo Sub, (I can handle Indo but..)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Good to see that Gotouge celebrated the 100th chapter the same way that Horikoshi did.

That reminds me, time to start KnY, I've purposely saving it to binge read at 100 chapters.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Noah's Notes and Ziga actually look pretty dope Previes wise, an arqueology/adventure and a kaiju manga? This looks promising, tho I don't want to get my hopes up

That Shimabu one shot also looks really nice, it actually made me remember about the vets' one shot round for the 50th anniversary.

Will we be getting those OSs like once month then?
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I feel that Ziga-Ziga has a survival vibe. Luckily this element will be better developed than in TPN.

Has anyone watched O My Jump! ?
Me, in spanish.

Key mangas per episode for now:
Episode 1: Kinnikuman
Episode 2: Naruto
Episode 3: Rokudenashi Blues
Episode 4: City Hunter
Episode 5: Captain Tsubasa
Episode 6: JoJo
Episode 7: Saint Seiya
Episode 8: Sakigake Otokojuku (and in minor degree, Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho; I knew Kurumada was a big fanboy of Otoko Ippiki and became a mangaka, but didn't know there was a relation between Sakigake and Otoko Ippiki authors)
Episode 9: Dragon Ball
Episode 10: One Piece (and maybe Hokuto no Ken)
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Kimetsu's 100th chapter was great aside from the last page. Why is Gotouge going through a new pillar every arc? It makes their appearance seem not as important or less special. It's like if Oda introduced a new warlord or admiral every arc during the earlier parts of One Piece. I get that KnY is obviously not intended to go on for that long but it's a bit annoying.

Did Kimetsu get a new editor or something recently?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,301
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Kimetsu's 100th chapter was great aside from the last page. Why is Gotouge going through a new pillar every arc? It makes their appearance seem not as important or less special. It's like if Oda introduced a new warlord or admiral every arc during the earlier parts of One Piece. I get that KnY is obviously not intended to go on for that long but it's a bit annoying.

Did Kimetsu get a new editor or something recently?
There's so many major characters we barely know anything about, of course we're going to see one every arc. An arc just spend on a minor demon of the week or something without some kind of big character introduction would feel like filler at this point. Also consider that if it continues to give each their own 15-30 chapter arc in the spotlight, that's 100-200 chapters between them rest of them even if they never returned for a second arc.

Plus Gotouge herself is probably really excited to show off all the cool characters she's come up with.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I bet the guy in Noah Notes is the cool archaeology professor from university. I wonder if gyaru is university student or highschool girl.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I bet the guy in Noah Notes is the cool archaeology professor from university. I wonder if gyaru is university student or highschool girl.
She's a high-school girl seeing by her uniform. In college you use casual clothes, not really an uniform so I would guess it's high-school.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Guess I’m the only one that enjoyed Jujustu. :/
Axe confirmed
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
He always said that he was going to try another serialization, but we expected him to do a one-shot first.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wouldnt have done that as it probably wont be as popular as Naruto is.

I hope he takes inspiration from Sasuke character design, Naruto too.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
OMG I'M ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, LETS GOOOO. This looks very promising, like he actually wants to make this into a full fledged series. It's not one of those goofy comedies.

Apparently he wanted to do this...

I never been so pumped for a one shot. Toriko started out as a one shot too. Imagine the potential this series could have? Like there's a lot you can do with this series and imagine how big the merch for this series can be. I know I'm thinking way ahead but can't blame me, the GOAT is back. With Shimabu's creativity this is going to be awesome.
Do we have the exact quote Shima said about a building manga?
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kishimoto back will be interesting to see after Naruto
 

ThunderStorm

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2018
Messages
84
Reaction score
160
Age
30
Country
Portugal
Bringing back those Kishimoto sketches from JF.



Not gonna get too excited, however it'll be interesting to see something new from him. I mean his previous one-shots were alright, I guess: Mario, Bench... Anyway, will the pressure be on his side ?
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
If I recall, it has more chances of being monthly than weekly.

If in the end is monthly...will it be in Jump like Boruto?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Jujutsu Kaisen was not bad, but it was not notable either. Another exorcism manga... I can predict what will happen in the second chapter. The exorcist there is going to get convinced that he is conscious and he will not exorcise the protagonist, but he will take him to that exorcist school. I hope I'm wrong because I like to be surprised.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
If I recall, it has more chances of being monthly than weekly.

If in the end is monthly...will it be in Jump like Boruto?
More than likely. Kishimoto was thinking about Jump plus tho
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top