Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Now that I see the RAW I’m a little bit more on board with Noah’s Notes
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So, anyone placing bets on how long the new Ikezawa series freshness will hold this time, until he inevitably fails to figure out how to keep long term interest?
Let’s not be negative Nancy’s and wish for someone’s downfall, and just hope for the best.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I'm not wishing for it, I'd love to see the guy succeed (he's had two almost success after all, he deserves to make for real at this point). I just know what to expect.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
So, anyone placing bets on how long the new Ikezawa series freshness will hold this time, until he inevitably fails to figure out how to keep long term interest?
What exactly happened with his other series that made Japanese readers lose interest? I looked them up and I wouldn't call them instant axes, but more like short-runs (roughly a year serialized).
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So, anyone placing bets on how long the new Ikezawa series freshness will hold this time, until he inevitably fails to figure out how to keep long term interest?
Kurogane lasted 70 chapters and Mononofu lasted 43 chapters. We could expect he would learn something and get better, but the second one has less chapters. So I think he lasts the standard 25 chapters this time. :derp
 

UnspokenCoconut

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Let’s not be negative Nancy’s and wish for someone’s downfall, and just hope for the best.
Welp, gonna love any serialization round with old jump author coming back with a new manga. :teehee
We can't talk or wish bad for them. Only new author deserve those things.:3c

25 chapters at best. Or 35 chapters if its lucky. :teehee:3c
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Welp, gonna love any serialization round with old jump author coming back with a new manga. :teehee
We can't talk or wish bad for them. Only new author deserve those things.:3c

25 chapters at best. Or 35 chapters if its lucky. :teehee:3c
not saying we have to force ourselves to like it. If it turns out sucking we can start expecting it to be axed. Just saying to wish for someone to succeed rather tahn saying "yeah it's alright now. Lets sit and wait for him the screw up though"
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The first chapter was okay though I don't personally think it will be around all that long, I could be wrong just my thought after having seen the first chapter. It screams of the same problem that plagued U19 some time ago.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Please, just stop with the mask of saviors of justice, in the previous page you were bashing other new series and now that's your favorite, nobody can make a simple joke? You guys say people to not act like that, but are doing so yourselves.
You can ride the hype train, but don't judge people for being down to earth and analyzing the guy's history of loss of focus.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Please, just stop with the mask of saviors of justice, in the previous page you were bashing other new series and now that's your favorite, nobody can make a simple joke? You guys say people to not act like that, but are doing so yourselves.
You can ride the hype train, but don't judge people for being down to earth and analyzing the guy's history of loss of focus.
Huh? Why are you attacking me? I look forward to literally every new series, nor do I bash any author.
You seem to be more hurt and taking this more seriously than I am
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Damn Not bad, it was very entertaining to read, it actually reminds me of a Matsui one shot I read not to long ago, with the male MC drolling over “treasures” or precious objects

Speaking of Matsui the chapter gave me some Neuro vibes too, with the dynamic between the two MCs. So far a very good start, hope it sticks and Ikezawa finally makes it
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm really getting very good vibes with Noah's Note first chapter. Last time I felt the same was with Dr.Stone and Never Learn (I thought both Golem Hearts, BOZEBEATS and Act-tage that they got huge potential, but didn't felt these vibes with these titles).

Not only hoping for it to survive; hoping for it to be picked for Edited Mangas after Viz first 3 chapters.

PD: Can't wait to see what will I feel with Ziga.

The first chapter was okay though I don't personally think it will be around all that long, I could be wrong just my thought after having seen the first chapter. It screams of the same problem that plagued U19 some time ago.
Can't really give my opinion until Viz Edited Manga for tomorrow, but what do you mean about it getting the same problem that U19 got?
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
Seems really fun! I like this kind of relationship between the MCs, reminds me of Neuro/Yako and Shiina/Aoi Hana.
Or early Samon and Tesshi before the author decided to tone Samon down.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I can't really give my opinion until Viz Edited Manga for tomorrow, but what do you mean about it getting the same problem that U19 got?
I can agree with that about waiting until we can read it in full. What I meant was that the idea behind the series is really interesting, but will dive so deep into its idea that it gets boring that the story is only following that and nothing else.
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Pretty sure Seiya would make Goku his bitch..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top