Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
With this news that Neverland entered it's final arc, I wonder if Shirai and Pozuka have some deal with Shueisha to work in a new series after Neverland ends with a new story already planned like Toriyama had with Dr Slump going to Dragon Ball
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I did remember Beelzebub but my post was more about wanting a delinquent manga with gag elements, not a gag manga with delinquent elements. Besides, the action was never Beelzebub's main draw in my opinion.

I just really like the manga delinquent aesthetic (for lack of a better term), with the whole apparel style, "strongest in the school", KORRAAAAA, etc. I blame Worst for this, and ever since then I haven't found a delinquent manga that really hit that same note. I've tried Sugarless and A-BOUT!, but those are not as good nor have they had any recent releases. I was hoping that a shounen delinquent manga would be pretty cool but I've never really seen it done before so I'm also wary. I just want a Kubo delinquent manga dammit, stop teasing me.

I realize this went sorta off topic, but just wanted to explain a bit of my frustration.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I did remember Beelzebub but my post was more about wanting a delinquent manga with gag elements, not a gag manga with delinquent elements. Besides, the action was never Beelzebub's main draw in my opinion.

I just really like the manga delinquent aesthetic (for lack of a better term), with the whole apparel style, "strongest in the school", KORRAAAAA, etc. I blame Worst for this, and ever since then I haven't found a delinquent manga that really hit that same note. I've tried Sugarless and A-BOUT!, but those are not as good nor have they had any recent releases. I was hoping that a shounen delinquent manga would be pretty cool but I've never really seen it done before so I'm also wary. I just want a Kubo delinquent manga dammit, stop teasing me.

I realize this went sorta off topic, but just wanted to explain a bit of my frustration.
Have you read Crows? Highly recommend.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I was just about to say read Crows
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I was thinking of reading it a few years ago because I knew it was connected to Worst in some way, but I never got around to it because I was without home internet connection for months. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime but I have such a huge backlog of manga from the summer that I don't know if it will be any time soon.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
also, gag manga with delinquents elements can scratch that delinquents-itch

Angel Densetsu is GOAT
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,301
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
while we're talking about gag delinquent manga, Rokudou no Onna-tachi is a really fun and pretty unique one.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
WSJ trends over the decades:
80's = bodybuilding
90's = delinquent
00's = ?
10's = ?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Calm down, people. It's the final arc, not the final week. It can take years.
this, some people on the world wide web are acting like its ending in like a volume or two, even going as far as claiming they need to quickly get caught up before it ends...
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
WSJ trends over the decades:
80's = bodybuilding
90's = delinquent
00's = ?
10's = ?
it's not WSJ trends, it's manga in general trends
80's =manly men doing manly things Jojo, HnK, Sakigake! (this was started by Arnold Schwarzenegger's and others 80s action stars films)
90's =tournaments arcs SD, DB, YYH (this was started by these 3 manga)
00's =royal roads Naruto, YugiOh, Reborn, you can put OP here since it started in 1997 (this is the affect of DBZ ending)
10's = exorcists and horror Neverland, Kimetsu, Jujutsu (this is the effect of Attack on Titan giant success)
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
it's not WSJ trends, it's manga in general trends
80's =manly men doing manly things Jojo, HnK, Sakigake! (this was started by Arnold Schwarzenegger's and others 80s action stars films)
90's =tournaments arcs SD, DB, YYH (this was started by these 3 manga)
00's =royal roads Naruto, YugiOh, Reborn, you can put OP here since it started in 1997 (this is the affect of DBZ ending)
10's = exorcists and horror Neverland, Kimetsu, Jujutsu (this is the effect of Attack on Titan giant success)
Not WSJ but to add on 10s Blue Excorcist, Twin Star Excorcist
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
it's not WSJ trends, it's manga in general trends
80's =manly men doing manly things Jojo, HnK, Sakigake! (this was started by Arnold Schwarzenegger's and others 80s action stars films)
90's =tournaments arcs SD, DB, YYH (this was started by these 3 manga)
00's =royal roads Naruto, YugiOh, Reborn, you can put OP here since it started in 1997 (this is the affect of DBZ ending)
10's = exorcists and horror Neverland, Kimetsu, Jujutsu (this is the effect of Attack on Titan giant success)
I wouldn't really put the royal roads as a manga trend as those are universal. Sure they may be dying down now but you do get huge successes like Heroaca and smaller successes like Black Clover which are royal road series to a T.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I still wish Isabella and Krone placed higher.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Wha? Braids-chan did nothing during the whole story.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top