Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
DBS won't end over Kitarou
Kitarou is a widely well regarded and prestige property. If it was anything else I would fully agree but even I have doubts that they wouldn't straight up end Super because of it especially with how things are at currently with the anime it can practically end with no loose ends with the current arc.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Just saw this, so you can disregard this for now.
A break seems even less likely to be honest since they almost never happen to longrunning anime (Gintama pretty much became a seasonal anime after Gintama' and the second movie was suppose to end it all but after it made so much money they backpedaled)
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
In fact peploe thinks :
-Old numbers (out early in december) 3 200 000 was print + digital sold for 6 first volumes
-New numbers 3 300 000 is just print for 7 first volumes.
I pretty sure we just found the 7 volume number early. 3.2 million came a whole month after volume 6. The extra 100K would be the Christmas reprint.
 
Last edited:

AllEyez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Country
Mariejoa
Happy new year everyone! I'll try to be more active here this year :P
For now, I made a new video, tried to do my best to fix all the wrong number from last year and adding more than 30 new titles, hope you enjoy. I might do an analysis here or in form of a video. Hope you enjoy.

So SD has 170 million in jp alone?

So that means it's #2 in jp sales only and DB is #3

Not that I don't believe you. But do u have a source.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
So SD has 170 million in jp alone?

So that means it's #2 in jp sales only and DB is #3

Not that I don't believe you. But do u have a source.

Its, at 99%, World print number.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just saw this, so you can disregard this for now.
first youtubers, now random eng twitter users, when will actual sources return to the thread.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
My biggest hopes for 2018 are announcements for Neverland and Yaiba anime adaptations by the end of the year.
Also hoping to get some new successful manga in the magazine, most importantly successful manga I'll personally enjoy a lot.
Hoping Boze is good.
I also hope the MHA movie is interesting and good. In my opinion, 2017 was the best year for the MHA manga, as no previous arcs in the series have been nearly as good or enjoyable as the most recent. And I'm hoping this year will be even better, but I'm always having doubts as to whether Horikoshi can continue to surpass himself or not. Trend seems to be that my doubts are unnecessary.
And I'm also excited to the see the conclusion to the current arc in One Piece soon, which should be great. Excited for current and future events in the series.

Last, but not least, I'd like to see some progression in HxH this year before it disappears again, and that we'll get a solid amount of chapters, as I've been enjoying the previous chapters we've been getting, and want to be satisfied before it goes away again, just like last year.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Yuuna's been using the "testing the limits" line lately, though I guess it's just Shueisha making it to be the next TLR.
Neverland's been constantly advertising new developments in the current arc too.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
TPN Color Scheme is just so fascinating to look at.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
So that 3.3 Million, and the previous 3.2 million most likely, was for 7 seven volumes. That's great growth and the best since Heroaca though now we see that its still considerably below Heroaca.

Heroaca
1~7巻 累計370万部 (3.7 million)

However the comparisons stop here as the anime started with the next volume and jumped up to 4.2 and 4.7 before 5.2 at volume 9.
Since this might also include digital sales, personally, this seems slightly underwhelming. It most probably deserves every copy printed but from all the exposure and accolades and including digital, I expected around 3.5 million at least. It will be interesting to see the sales for this nest volume with 4 days of sales.

│144360 (4)│211988│237386│******│265742┃*,265,742 (*32)┃2017/11|約束のネバーランド 6

Its convenient that the previous volume was also 4 days so the "kono man" boost should be nice to see.

For 2018 though, I really hope they serialize another traditional battle shounen manga that actually gets the blood pumping and has great characters and is heartfelt. Personally, I hoped Golem Hearts would be that but the few chapters really turned me off to the characters.
 

AllEyez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Country
Mariejoa

Its, at 99%, World print number.
ah ok
So it's world print

I thought it was jp only sales. Cause everything in that vid relates only to jp sales
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
The HZ volume looks even sexier with the TV anime announcement jacket. :hee
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
TPN vol. 8 release date

 
Last edited:

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
ah ok
So it's world print

I thought it was jp only sales. Cause everything in that vid relates only to jp sales
Nobody confirmed or disconfirmed that it's worldwide, I could use the former figure but I decided not to.
We might not get the info for that for years or ever, until Shuiesha post something about that, and that may happen only if something new will pop-up related to SD. Anime, new kanzenban or something...

The common sense tends to be with worldwide sales, the last time Shuiesha posted about SD was in April 2014
April 2014 - Shueisha MEDIA GUIDE 2014 - 121,360,000
April 2013 - Shueisha MEDIA GUIDE 2013 - 120,290,000
April 2012 - Shueisha MEDIA GUIDE 2012 - 118,970,000
April 2011 - Shueisha MEDIA GUIDE 2011 - 116,670,000

About 1-2 million increase every year, so it stands with the option that it can't reach 170 million in almost 4 years. Tho the Kanzenban version sold 8 million back in 2004 and might few more millions in the past 13 years, but I can't know that. Other sources like "NHK Professional" episode 126 about Takehiko Inoue (creator of SD) reported that it had already 120 million copies in print in Japan and it was aired in September 2009, almost 4 years before "Shueisha MEDIA GUIDE" reported numbers like that. It's not right, but it's not wrong for me to use the 170 million figure in the video, since we don't have a 100% confirmation. And you use the words "print" and "sales" in the same sentence but they can be drastically different in terms of numbers.

I might ask Inoue himself, he is working now as basketball journalist or something between those lines so I might meet him at a game, or at his shop he opened last year :p
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Please don't post pages with spoilers here, not everyone is caught up with magazine releases of every series.
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
So SD has 170 million in jp alone?

So that means it's #2 in jp sales only and DB is #3

Not that I don't believe you. But do u have a source.
Didn't see that comment, my source is "Balevel" a quiz program aired in TV Asahi almost 2 years ago, the theme of the episode was SD.


video if you want:
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Testing the limits? Is Volume 8 what included Chapter 76? If so I can see why they said that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top