Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So if bozebeat sell a million copies we can stop talking about MHA and it will be the new bench mark right, right??

I always find it funny how almost all successful new series in the last 2-3 years got compare to MHA. So 2 years from now all new series will be conpare to TPN in sales?
I also want a awnser to this question.
 

Obitooooo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
190
Reaction score
228
Age
30
Country
Colombia
That's 3 days worth of sales not 5. It missed the oricon cut off. There was also a special edition included with a drama cd that you forgot to include. Which is a combine total of 168k.
Was 4 days for BNHA : 4,5,6,7 february.

The diference with BNHA is that neverland have a boost.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So if bozebeat sell a million copies we can stop talking about MHA and it will be the new bench mark right, right??
Im so glad Im not the only believer in Bozebeat success.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If BC is going to receive a big anime boost, it's going to happen in the current arc that's airing.
Worst arc imo, it'd be in the Water Temple
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The difference is that there were people saying that MHA wouldn't get a second boost while nobody is denying that Black Clover didn't get a boost yet its still lagging behind in spite of it.
Boku no Hero had a small boost with the first season. With the announcement of the second, we all here cheering and waiting for the boost with the second. Black Clover has had a small/ok boost so far, and with the arc that we are where the action really begins to get interesting, we're expecting a better boost. The situation is the same.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Worst arc imo, it'd be in the Water Temple
Not this season, the anime will not cover the Water Temple xD
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm happy for TPN's success. I'm not in love with TPN like a lot of people are, but I do think it deserves it. Will it surpass MHA eventually? Maybe, but it's not like it needs to prove anything at this point by doing so, so I'm not all that bothered about whether it does or doesn't.

I dropped the Black Clover anime a while ago, so I wasn't keeping up. So I was shocked to find out that they're only now starting to cover the Dungeon arc. I definitely would not have the patience to stick with it. I checked out the new OP though, and I feel the same way I felt with the first one. I like the song, but the visuals are lacking for me.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I think it could pass it before it ever gets an anime.
No doubt. The boost will probably happen next month, when the series gets another special advertising to celebrate the Valentine’s Day. Chocolates in the shape of Emma's face, made by Akira Toriyama, with the following phrase "this Emma you can eat without guilt".
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Well, I really love both Boku no Hero Academia and Neverland, so if they're both doing great, I really can't complain. As @Nakurawari said, whether or not TPN surpasses Hero or not doesn't really matter for me, since I'm just happy that both are selling well and doing well in Japan.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope TPN surpasses MHA, because I enjoy TPN more and view it as the superior series. :)
 

Reigen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
290
Age
29
Country
Morocco
Manga Taisho award nominees list will be released this month, i think TPN will get nominated again and may win it this time
what manga from jump (including shonen jump+) do you guys think it may get nominated?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Was 4 days for BNHA : 4,5,6,7 february.

The diference with BNHA is that neverland have a boost.
And it still came up short despite the boost.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Manga Taisho award nominees list will be released this month, i think TPN will get nominated again and may win it this time
what manga from jump (including shonen jump+) do you guys think it may get nominated?
I hope to see Beastars get nominated. I just hope any good manga gets nominated, I like finding out about new promising series even if they aren't getting translated.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
No doubt. The boost will probably happen next month, when the series gets another special advertising to celebrate the Valentine’s Day. Chocolates in the shape of Emma's face, made by Akira Toriyama, with the following phrase "this Emma you can eat without guilt".
Though this joke is quite funny, just give Emma and her GF Gilda a few more years, than she should be also be able to eat her without any guilt~
...
...
...
...
...
... ewwwwwwww, now I know how it feels like to be @SharkBait and I don't know, if I like it...
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Boku no Hero had a small boost with the first season. With the announcement of the second, we all here cheering and waiting for the boost with the second. Black Clover has had a small/ok boost so far, and with the arc that we are where the action really begins to get interesting, we're expecting a better boost. The situation is the same.
It wasn't a small boost. It was the biggest boost from an anime adaptation since Haikyu also I distinctly remember people saying it wasn't going to get another boost because it rarely happens for second seasons. Black Clover's boost is more akin to World Trigger's.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We compare during the same period and neverland wins.
168k is higher than 164k. Why is this fanbase so damn insecure that they have to blatantly lie about everything? Are you going to say something dumb like "it doesn't count" now?
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I hope Jump give another cover for Kimetsu no Yaiba because of the 2nd year aniversary and announce the anime.
 

Reigen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
290
Age
29
Country
Morocco
That's 3 days worth of sales not 5. It missed the oricon cut off. There was also a special edition included with a drama cd that you forgot to include. Which is a combine total of 168k.
Could you explain the cutt off part? i thought MHA volume's release date was February 3 and Oricon covered from February 1 to 7.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Could you explain the cutt off part? i thought MHA volume's release date was February 3 and Oricon covered from February 1 to 7.
The 4th it was officially released. Oricon only counts the period from Febuary 1-7th and MHA was relessed on the 4th so only four days are weighed.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Currently TPN's latest volume (seventh) is doing better than what MHA's seventh volume did at its first week
My Hero Academia Vol.7: 149,444 (5 days)
The Promised Neverland Vol.7: 164,072 (4 days)
Not sure where you are getting these numbers for My Hero Academia.
149444 (4)│223055│251675│272270│------┃*,650,533 (291)┃2016/02|僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 (normal edition)
*18656 (4)│------│------│------│------┃*,*18,656 (**4)┃2016/02|僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 限定版 (special edition)
That makes 168.100 for My Hero Academia in 4 days. The Promised Neverland is very close, but it's not doing better than MHA yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top