Expected. Considering the original announcement stated it would be 100 episodes it ending over 30 episodes over is more than enough at this point plus its obvious that the show had no set plan other than shilling new forms and characters for other Dragonball memorabilia running like Heroes so its not a significant lost either. With the new movie coming out in December I think Toei is just going to end Super rather than put it on hiatus and focus on new ventures with the franchise, maybe go the yearly movie route ala Shin-chan/Conan/Doraemon.
In other news (well, it's more Jump SQ news than WSJ but it's relevant enough) Jump SQ Crown is changing it's name. Makes me wonder how long it'll be before Jump Next gets a new name change.
Expected. Considering the original announcement stated it would be 100 episodes it ending over 30 episodes over is more than enough at this point plus its obvious that the show had no set plan other than shilling new forms and characters for other Dragonball memorabilia running like Heroes so its not a significant lost either. With the new movie coming out in December I think Toei is just going to end Super rather than put it on hiatus and focus on new ventures with the franchise, maybe go the yearly movie route ala Shin-chan/Conan/Doraemon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Does anyone read SQ Crown other than for DGM? I know Kekkai Sensen is popular but virtually no one cares about Beat.
I've looked a little more into it and it seems like you're most likely right. Super won't come back most likely, if they want to bring back DB, it will be in another form in the future. Toriko also ran on that time block for 3 years, DBS had its 3 year run on there as well. Kitaro is a big deal in Japan, so this might also have a 3 year run on that time block.
I've looked a little more into it and it seems like you're most likely right. Super won't come back most likely, if they want to bring back DB, it will be in another form in the future. Toriko also ran on that time block for 3 years, DBS had its 3 year run on there as well. Kitaro is a big deal in Japan, so this might also have a 3 year run on that time block.
They were obvious shooting for Toriko to be a longrunner like OP but it didn't work out and it ended three years before the manga but Super is a huge success and has brought franchise sales to its highest in years so ending it now seems sudden but given that it only existed to rejuvenate the franchise its pretty much has served its purpose. Kitaro is a very big deal in Japan and is probably Toei's most prestigious property next to Puss in Boots you're right that it'll probably run as long as the 5th series which was 100 episodes but yeah its not really surprising that Super is ending especially since ots ratings are stagnant now.
I have no expectation for this manga.
I will try to read the first 3 chapters to see if I will continue reading.
We'll see if I'll be surprised just like Bozebeats.
It doesn't look like what I've seen from Jump before, but I'm still looking forward to it. It seems like they may be testing the waters to see if they can find some success in the non-action/battle realm like WSM and WSS have been finding lately. The pictures and premise give me a Runway de Waratte vibe (hope I'm right!), so I'll give this a chance. It's a pretty tough time for new series trying to stick around in Jump since every older series except Gintama and Spring Weapon seems quite stable
Looks good, but I think the premise will be uninteresting to Jump's younger readership. So bad vibes on its survival.
Author must like Hibari or notice fans like her. For someone with the softest body she got turned into a Rube Goldberg experiment. That's ok I guess...
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.