Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
GOOD, Success, Jump’s Pillar and Ikezawa in the same sentence.

:notsure
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Hey in a different universe, Kurogane would of had a decent run of about 5-6 years, and some fine anime, getting Kuroko and Haikyuu level of success :hip

Being real, Noah’s Notes seemingly has a better chance of survival than say Bozebeats
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I mean, I'm hyped for the series for the designs and artstyle alone. Still need to see if I will like the story, characters and plot of it but otherwise it's just from the information that we have.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Probably cause the heroine is best girl
More like the only thing people cared about in the preview. I understand now more than ever of what age we’re in now and it’s kinda amusing. Our own iceemperor brought it up before. Having a heroine who “looks good” seems like an actual trait to have as much as their character development and plot significance. I’m the last person to complain about this, it’s just notable cause it’s what we want...
 

Winter Soldier

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
33
Reaction score
15
Country
Brazil
Neverland will have an exclusive cover for the French Market
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Looks fucking ugly. If they don't want people to read this then they are doing a great job.
I think it'll be more like a special edition or a side edition for whoever wants it. But yes, it is fugly and a fucking joke.

Edit: Yeah, it looks like that's some sort of a different edition, since I searched for the French release and I got the usual cover.

 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Does the series take inspiration from something Benjamin Lacoumbe did or???
Benjamin Lacoumbe is the name of the person who illustrated the alternative cover.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Benjamin Lacoumbe is the person who illustrated the alternative cover.
yeah but why did they choose him? I didnt know if he had a connection to it, if the jpn artist likes his artwork or if he had some relevance or connection.

Since the others are done, I guess the company just chose artists at random.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Kaze commissioned a bunch of these. http://rediscover.fr/
BLack Clover got the best one.

Are these just rereleases? Shocked if france is really only just starting to release these series when us in America had the mangas for a while.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
have you ever cried because of a manga cancellation?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
have you ever cried because of a manga cancellation?
Stealth Symphony, Best BLue, Hungry Joker, Tokyo Wonder Boys, Barrage, Demon's Plan, Mononfu, Soul catcher(s), ST&RS
 

AllEyez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Country
Mariejoa
One Piece has great adventures, but I feel that since the timeskip its main genre isn't adventure anymore: apart from Zou arc it's just battle battle and battle.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Oda or think One Piece is bad because of this. It's the natural progression of the story.
Adventure is still the focus point.

The series is still about adventuring and exploring new locations

Hell people complain because Oda doesn't focus on fights as much and off panels them or rushes them. So idk how fighting is the focal point as u said.
 

Bluenotebook

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
63
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
have you ever cried because of a manga cancellation?
Even if I ever got that attached to a series, normally there'd be weeks and weeks of that series sitting at the bottom to emotionally prepare yourself for its cancellation.
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
yeah but why did they choose him? I didnt know if he had a connection to it, if the jpn artist likes his artwork or if he had some relevance or connection.

Since the others are done, I guess the company just chose artists at random.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

BLack Clover got the best one.

Are these just rereleases? Shocked if france is really only just starting to release these series when us in America had the mangas for a while.
Rereleases. For example, Black Clover has been released in France since september 2016. What's new is the fact that, for the very first time in France, some mangas will have an alternate cover drawn by French artists who admire those works. It would be a reversible one.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And yet we get a full page of posts whenever Togashi recommends something.
Togashi is not a famous person, like an actor or singer, he is a famous mangaka, it is completely different. Mangakas are also fans, hardcore fans, so hardcore that they chose their profession based on it. XD
Even so, I don't get hyped with recommendations by other mangakas, the only I remember now was when Oda recommended Your Lie in April and I was already thinking about reading it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top