- Joined
- Aug 23, 2013
- Messages
- 14,079
- Reaction score
- 6,938
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
You always need a 2nd or 3rd set of eyes to go over ones fictional writing. Someone who can see actually see if it is clear to other people outside of just the author their self, or if the paneling and etc makes sense, or catches mistakes, finds issues in consistently, addresses if characters are still in character our out of characters, if things conform to the laws of the series universe or if its too much too early.I always had a question, if the editors had let the authors do what they wanted, would we have better mangas?
for me the editors are here just to be paid without doing anything and without risking anything.
I dont want to picture what some of the series would be if there were no editors there.
Also I dont think every editor is the same, good editors vs bad editors etc. Probably dont want to assume editors are all homogeneous unskilled tools for the gain of the capitalist overlords of publishing.