Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I did well updating the list with 2019 :cheez
Wow so pretty much non stop anime since 1981.

Yep, I did the list here (quoted that previous page with the update). Decided to screencap it and share it also in Twitter. Is a very good way to see anime evolution in Shonen Jump point of view.

Next update i think will be in one year or more (when BokuBen anime gets announced).
Don't forget about Dr. Stone and Rx- :cheez
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Wow so pretty much non stop anime since 1981.


Don't forget about Dr. Stone and Rx- :cheez
What stil gets me surprise is the enormous void between 1973 and 1981. 'Cause that void:
-No Circuit no Okami anime
-Kochikame, Ring ni Kakero and Play Ball had to wait like 30 years to get anime

There was anime in 74-80. Why no Jump manga got anime adaptation in that void is a mistery to me.
 

Namekuseijin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yep, that was last issue I had. I'm also waiting for issue 33 rae in case they have a clean pic of the 50th anniversary póster
btw, does anybody know why Shonen Jump raws are not coming out to the internet anymore?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,301
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Could just be the person who puts them up at usual spot went on holiday or something, you never know (and since everyone who doesn't have their own personal source reuploads that one a lot of other places also didn't get 33).
 

LuckyJim

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2018
Messages
326
Reaction score
366
Age
30
Country
Buy Moria
They still get uploaded just not at the usual spots anymore.
Do some of these places make raws publicly available? Or do you need to know/pay someone?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do some of these places make raws publicly available? Or do you need to know/pay someone?
No paywalls but as @tirakai said it depends on the uploader how frequently it becomes available and when it does its behind DDL sites that are only active for a limited time. If you want individual Japanese raws of chapters they're sites that host them online without the need to download them.
 
Last edited:

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
This is probably old but I saw just now and it's quite interesting with the interview with Torishima. I had no idea that he's president of Hakusensha now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieb...and-the-origins-of-dragon-quest/#7aca0db725e5
I like the Torishima interviews because while guys like Nakano only talk about numbers, Dr. Mashirito always finds a way to talk about production techniques. In this one, with Miura, the idea was a chat about their careers, but suddenly turned into a writing discussion.

Torishima: To be honest, [Berserk]’s a painful piece. As I said before, it’s been implemented wrong. You’re good at establishing a theme before you write, but unfortunately, you’ve written it with a certain detachment. And you’ve done a lot of research in order to dig into the theme, which you try too hard to convey through dialogue. I think, if I were your editor, I would cut down your dialogue to a fifth and your shots to a quarter. Why? Because you have even more skill in your use of dialogue than you do in your art. Your artistic ability is absolutely amazing, of course, but your true strength is in your dialogue. There’s love in your dialogue. You must be a very kind-hearted person (laughs).

Miura: That’s embarrassing (laughs).

Torishima: I’m not flattering you. And I think you rush to your characters’ developments too quickly. The audience is seeing things three times as fast as you are.

Miura: I’ll be dead by the time it’s done (laughs).

Torishima: I think that’s fine, too. There’s no rule that says that you have to finish [Togashi says "Amen"]. So long as you have something about your characters that you want to express, and so long as you’re headed in that direction.

Miura: Personally, I like depicting characters, but I like electrifying stories, too, and I become tempted to write those as well.

Torishima: I think that’s something of an illusion. I think by depicting characters, stories will come naturally.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-fe...rserk-discussion-explores-kentar-miuras-roots
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-fe...erk-discussion-urges-miura-to-try-a-new-story
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
An interview with Yusei Matsui is airing at the moment.

 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Issue 33 should have been released some minutes ago, since right now the raws are being uploaded in LHScans. Time to finish my 50th anniversary logo hunt.

EDIT: Now I have my doubts. That Jujutsu chapter 19...I've seen it before lol
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
So we are now 5-6 chapters behind in Act-age and 3-4 chapters behind in Jujutsu. Not bad.

---
This week issue, is Jujutsu chapter 21 and Act-age chapter 26, yup

EDIT: lol, first chapter is chapter 4. Well, we have Viz ones.
 
Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I can see why Viz wouldn't pick it up. 90% of it is centered on Yonagi and her "dangerous" acting (whatever that is) and how to overcome this to become a better actor, which is something their prime audience (young males) probably don't care about.
What do you think would be main reason Viz not picking Jujutsu? Jujutsu is more like Seraph of the End or Ao no Exorcist, so it would make sense for Viz to pick Jump newest action shonen.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
What do you think would be main reason Viz not picking Jujutsu? Jujutsu is more like Seraph of the End or Ao no Exorcist, so it would make sense for Viz to pick Jump newest action shonen.
I’d imagine they’re not getting much request or seeing much of a fanbase for the series.
Granted, if they put it in the magazine readers may check it out, and the fanbase would build.
But even though it’s well received in Japan as of now, most American readers don’t pay the Japanese ToC and placements any mind, and a lot of probably forgotten about the Jump Start at this point.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Or this is another MHA or Kimetsu and they're just dragging their feet
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Now that issue 33 is out I can comment some things.

Jujutsu 19:
Inadori teaming up with a bureocrat from the school is interesting. And the salaryman looks competent. In theory is next chapter to be scanlated, so curious to see what's about

Noah's Arts 20 aka it graduated from U19 club!!!
We are back in the office, Sensei had a dream of a mysterious man in the past (Saint Germain?), and that man appears again in a magazine. A new hint discovered, a new note to be searched, and FOUR new Ark scholars members are going to appear. So, we are entering in a new arc (it could be last arc, but at least is an arc and is starting
.
So yep, NN isn't ending in next weeks for now.

Momiji 10
Dunno what's happening but seems something is starting. New girl, a house to reside and a lot of papers
It doesn't seem Momiji is ending in short term neither.

Invade You 9
Did you know there is a new MC who is genki girl brother? Also, more gags, and I think is is going to be the first one to end

Tanaka Seiji 4
That girl is crazy. And that art is...strange.

Alice 3
Well, we already read this in Viz.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
What do you think would be main reason Viz not picking Jujutsu? Jujutsu is more like Seraph of the End or Ao no Exorcist, so it would make sense for Viz to pick Jump newest action shonen.
I haven't read Ao no Exorcist, but Seraph had a better start than Jujutsu in my opinion.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Now that issue 33 is out I can comment some things.

Jujutsu 19:
Inadori teaming up with a bureocrat from the school is interesting. And the salaryman looks competent. In theory is next chapter to be scanlated, so curious to see what's about

Noah's Arts 20 aka it graduated from U19 club!!!
We are back in the office, Sensei had a dream of a mysterious man in the past (Saint Germain?), and that man appears again in a magazine. A new hint discovered, a new note to be searched, and FOUR new Ark scholars members are going to appear. So, we are entering in a new arc (it could be last arc, but at least is an arc and is starting
.
So yep, NN isn't ending in next weeks for now.

Momiji 10
Dunno what's happening but seems something is starting. New girl, a house to reside and a lot of papers
It doesn't seem Momiji is ending in short term neither.

Invade You 9
Did you know there is a new MC who is genki girl brother? Also, more gags, and I think is is going to be the first one to end

Tanaka Seiji 4
That girl is crazy. And that art is...strange.

Alice 3
Well, we already read this in Viz.
That would've been Noah's Notes' chapter 18 in that issue. Chapter 20 is the one coming out in the most recent issue. The little brother in Invade You seems to be fairly well-received, as is the student council girl. Seems like readers' least favorite character is the main girl. Honestly, if Invade You manages to avoid the bottom slot of the TOC for the next couple issues, it'll confirm the Spring Weapon vibes I've been getting from it. Tanaka seems pretty wild, not sure how I'm feeling about it overall. The plot kind of seems to lunge forward randomly in the middle of a chapter. I'm still curious to learn more about it though.

None of them are really showing signs of ending soon in terms of the plots of their stories, but whenever another serialization round is decided, they'll probably only have 2 chapters to wrap stuff up anyways. I think Momiji seems like it'll be the first to go. WSJ is more likely to be a bit more lenient with gag series like Invade You
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top