Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
I hope it doesn't flop here because I already ordered the first 3 volumes and I'm ready for the long haul now that I have a more stable income.
Has Viz dropped anything since like 2010? They might start reducing release frequency (like some Sunday and Shoujo stuff from them is years behind and get volumes like every 6 months) but I don't think they'll drop it
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
dissapointing theres no more free Haikyuu to read on viz site :(
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Did they only do 2 chapters? That's all that shows up for me.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did they only do 2 chapters? That's all that shows up for me.
they were doing a volumes worth of chapters every month
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
So, now that we are already in 2018, it's okay to ask this question;

In your opinion. which 3 were WSJ's pillars for the 2010s?
One Piece is an obvious answer. I want an answer that isn't Naruto because Naruto ended many years ago.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haikyuu, MHA
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Can we discuss which studios and staff we want to see receive We Never Learn and Dr.Stone(since it’s next in line for an anime and is going to be in the announcement territory soon)
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
So, now that we are already in 2018, it's okay to ask this question;

In your opinion. which 3 were WSJ's pillars for the 2010s?
One Piece is an obvious answer. I want an answer that isn't Naruto because Naruto ended many years ago.
If its stuff that already ended that AssClass would also be out but I'll count it. I don't consider OP a pillar as its more of a foundation/bedrock for Jump now. Pillars would have to be AssClass, Haikyuu and Heroaca. If its current stuff then its right now only Haikyuu and Heroaca. Neverland needs a little bit more time but should get up there after the anime. Soma is basically done being a big series. BC had potential but its 17 volumes and 40+ episodes and still struggles but its up for consideration. Kimetsu and the rest need more time or at least until their respective anime start to be considered as pillars.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
One Piece, AssClass and Haikyuu. Kuroko and HeroAca are up there too.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
dissapointing theres no more free Haikyuu to read on viz site :(
Viz has had months where they just release chapters daily right at the end of the month so we're within the time for them to do that again
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So, now that we are already in 2018, it's okay to ask this question;

In your opinion. which 3 were WSJ's pillars for the 2010s?
One Piece is an obvious answer. I want an answer that isn't Naruto because Naruto ended many years ago.
MHA, Haikyuu and without counting One Piece, Shokugeki no Soma, at least by sales. By the general magazine I would put Neverland in the place of Soma.

Can we discuss which studios and staff we want to see receive We Never Learn and Dr.Stone(since it’s next in line for an anime and is going to be in the announcement territory soon)
By staff I have no idea what I would want but in studios for WNL Shaft is the better to me because of Nisekoi and Dr. Stone maybe Lerche
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Haikyu and My Hero Academia are the only 2 I'd consider pillars currently(other than One Piece obviously). The Promised Neverland is on track to being there too though.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
So, now that we are already in 2018, it's okay to ask this question;

In your opinion. which 3 were WSJ's pillars for the 2010s?
One Piece is an obvious answer. I want an answer that isn't Naruto because Naruto ended many years ago.
Any answer that isn't One Piece, Haikyuu, MHA, and Neverland is factually wrong and biased. It's not even an opinion based question.

Can we discuss which studios and staff we want to see receive We Never Learn and Dr.Stone(since it’s next in line for an anime and is going to be in the announcement territory soon)
Shaft for WNL is the obvious answer. For Dr. Stone, I agree with the others that say it's right up Toei's alley, but for some reason I don't think that will happen. Then again, I'm also not really in agreement with the idea that it's "next in line for an anime" because it's sales are okay at best and I think they've stagnated.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So, now that we are already in 2018, it's okay to ask this question;

In your opinion. which 3 were WSJ's pillars for the 2010s?
One Piece is an obvious answer. I want an answer that isn't Naruto because Naruto ended many years ago.
Kurobas and Assassination Classroom.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Any answer that isn't One Piece, Haikyuu, MHA, and Neverland is factually wrong and biased. It's not even an opinion based question
Digital sales strongly suggest and highly implies that BLack Clovers carries enough sales power and fame to make it an integral pillar of jump.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Well I think it’s clear that Jump is really pushing and focusing on Dr.Stone. It’s unlikely it’ll be axed at this point.

With WNL announcement presumed to be next issue Dr.Stone is the series in anime range to not have an anime. So I’d imagine it’ll be next in line after WNL
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Digital sales strongly suggest and highly implies that BLack Clovers carries enough sales power and fame to make it an integral pillar of jump.
You're right, if you count the digital sales, Black Clover probably is a 1kk seller.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Toriko was definitely marketed a pillar for the early 10s, sure it never got to the usual level in sales but pillars these days are mostly just who gets top billing for marketing anyway.

Otherwise Ass Class, Haikyuu, and MHA (and possibly Kuroko?) have all been pillars at some point in the 10s.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I know it isn't actually a question for opinion but I was interested in seeing what people thought, in their eyes, were the 3 big series for this decade. All factual data aside.

Digital sales strongly suggest and highly implies that BLack Clovers carries enough sales power and fame to make it an integral pillar of jump.

That's all you're getting from me for this bait
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top