Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
About when were we getting Hero Academia volume 25 cover?
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
If those HQ spoilers are true then we are already in alt reality territory since Japan did not qualify for 2016 Olympics lol. I laughing way harder than I should
So from what I understood, the team did even worse in their 2nd and 3rd year, everyone graduated and moved on, and it seems they are going to shift the manga towards beach volleyball? Or it's going for the adult Olympics route? This is actually a sad/tragic development damn.

4chan people are already starting to compare it to Naruto/Soma and trashing the manga lol
 
Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
TBH I wouldn't discard the final arc being shorter than expected, since it seems there are signs about Furudate being fatigued (which is pretty normal with the manga having lasted almost 8 years already).

Still too soon to guess anything. Could be a short arc, could be as long as the Blue Shokugeki arc, could be lasting 4-5 years.

PD: From the "pick your 5 favorite Jump titles of this decade", I'm still shocked out almost 40 people, nobody picked Shokugeki kek
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This is borderline off-topic since its related to politics and stuff, but somehow Inosuke from Kimetsu no Yaiba is becoming a symbol of resistance against government in Chile. I wonder how Gotouge feels about it.
 

Kolbe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
150
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
TBH I wouldn't discard the final arc being shorter than expected, since it seems there are signs about Furudate being fatigued (which is pretty normal with the manga having lasted almost 8 years already).

Still too soon to guess anything. Could be a short arc, could be as long as the Blue Shokugeki arc, could be lasting 4-5 years.

PD: From the "pick your 5 favorite Jump titles of this decade", I'm still shocked out almost 40 people, nobody picked Shokugeki kek
Had it been around 2016, I would definitively pick it. I still have good memories from the first half but you can't forget the shitty arcs that came after easily
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
The Haikyuu stuff have overshadowed it, but....any important message regarding why Act-age is getting next Jump cover?

I want to believe that after 90 chapters, they are finally going to launch the first character popularity poll. Is very bizarre that Act-age hasn't had still any, while rest of Jump manga usually got their first popularity poll in chapters 50-60.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
Final arc ≠ epilogue. With how long matches usually go in the series, I expect this "final arc" will go on for years.
Oh, I know. I meant that it feels that way because skipping ahead a few years to show what the characters are doing as adults is something we usually see in the epilogue.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,301
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
We just had a different sports series end that had skipped ahead a few years to do a whole part 2. Would be odd if that somehow became the norm for wsj sports series.
 

Unok

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
703
Reaction score
2,915
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
For the lurkers who didn't still answer this but are active here. What would be your 5 favorite WSJ manga from this decade (2010-2019)? Manga that started in this decade, so One Piece isn't a valid answer.
Not in order: Black Clover, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man & Samurai 8. If Kagamigami continued longer, I may had included it too.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Fun how first Jump movie of 2020 is going to be Prince of Tennis, but nobody remembers it :emobirb
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Regarding these new HQ spoilers Well damn, puberty hit Hinata like a truck, screw that like a damn nuke lmao, even if I'm not folowing its crazy knowing how its final arc has been announced, another one that will be ending tho I do agree that this arc may last for a coupke of years as per the Jump norm :mono , well anyways its obvious by now Neverland, KnY, and even WNL will end before it, this does open the door for more free spots in the magazine in the future
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Shonen Jump 10s manga popularity polls results, by 39 users

I would have loved redon top-5 ;_; If you read it please submit it

I think I've recopilled it well. If anyone wants to check, is free to do so.

1. Kimetsu no Yaiba - 20 votes
2. Haikyuu - 19 votes
3. My Hero Academia, Chainsawman and World Trigger - 18 votes
4. Assassination Classroom - 16 votes
5. Act-age 15 votes
6. The Promised Neverland, Hinomaru Sumo, and Saiki Kusuo - 10 votes
7. Jujutsu Kaisen - 9 votes
8. Black Clover - 8 votes
9. Dr.STONE - 7 votes
10. Golem Hearts - 2 votes
11. Yuuna-san, We Never Learn, Samurai 8, Samon, Illegal Rare, ST&RS, Higuma, Hungry Joker, Magico, Shuudan, Shimai Fukei Kill-co-san - 1 vote

Shokugeki no Soma - 0 votes
Nisekoi - 0 votes

-Didn't expect Kimetsu 1st at all. I was expecting MHA or Haikyuu
-Chainsawman, Act-age and World Trigger got a lot of votes. Really surprised me.
-Neverland and Dr.Stone got less votes than I expected.
-lol Shokugeki
Updated. Chainsawman and World Trigger have caught with Hero Academia
 
Last edited:

Kouzai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
46
Age
29
Country
Philippines
For the lurkers who didn't still answer this but are active here. What would be your 5 favorite WSJ manga from this decade (2010-2019)? Manga that started in this decade, so One Piece isn't a valid answer.
Saiki
Chainsawman
Assassination Classroom
Sumo
Dr. Stone

Used to be one of my favs:
Black Clover
MHA
TPN
Soma
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What was the question again? Five favorite series of the 2010's?

1. Chainsawman
2. Kimetsu no Yaiba
3. Black Clover
4. Dr. Stone
5. Hinomaru Zumou
 

duenneud

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
74
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
Riverrun
1. World Trigger
2. Soul Catcher(S)
3. Black Clover
4. Dr. Stone
5. Sesuji o Pin!
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
10. Golem Hearts - 2 votes
11. Yuuna-san, We Never Learn, Samurai 8, Samon, Illegal Rare, ST&RS, Higuma, Hungry Joker, Magico, Shuudan, Shimai Fukei Kill-co-san - 1 vote
Number 10 is quite bewildering.
I would believe someone with bold taste to place it in his top 5. But 2, now it's just crayzee.

Also, I would like to cast my last top 5 vote for sesuji wo pin to.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
What third?

About author comments, they appear on the site or app about one day after the chapters are out. It's pretty easy to find them lol It's a banner written comments from the author

Isn't it the third cover?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top