--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
All the covers look really good, I can't even say which one is my favourite.
For me it goes like (counting all the WSJ mangas that I read and have battles in some kind of way):Some debate I'm seeing.
I've seen comments saying that Jujutsu Kaisen has the best battle coreography of Jump and I'm totally agree (and after Jujutsu, for me is Black Clover). What is your opinion? Has Jujutsu the best battle coreography of current Jump?
out of curiosity does this mean stuff like eldlive/Dricam/Emperor and I would make 1.5x more than if they were done black and white or is it just referring to if and author makes the title page colour once in a while (which I actually rarely see in Jump+ now that I think about it)1.5x those numbers for colour pages
But that salary is a lot lower when you factor in that they have to pay their assistants & other expenses. I found the pay for series from other magazines and at the end they're hardly making by before royalties
Jump Plus is recruiting so released some info as of this month:
Tldr: At these rates, a newbie doing an 18pg weekly serial and who has 5 weeks off a year earns min ~$90k USD/year before ad revenue and royalties.
- Offering >9000y/pg for a oneshot
- Offering >12000y/pg for a serialisation
- 1.5x those numbers for colour pages
- If a veteran has recieved more elsewhere, it's up for discussion
- They also get ad revenue. Some authors are getting >100k yen/month. Record was 550k yen last June.
- Also royalties for physical/digital volumes, and if applicable, overseas editions (some series sell more outside of Japan) and merchandise.
YesSome debate I'm seeing.
I've seen comments saying that Jujutsu Kaisen has the best battle coreography of Jump and I'm totally agree (and after Jujutsu, for me is Black Clover). What is your opinion? Has Jujutsu the best battle coreography of current Jump?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Even if you like MHA due to characters or story, its choreography is literally undefendable. It's mario-hopping off walls and harder and harder punches. You and Chocobar must be very stalwart fans...All the covers look really good, I can't even say which one is my favourite.
For me it goes like (counting all the WSJ mangas that I read and have battles in some kind of way):
JJK > MHA > CSM > BC > KNY > Yozakura > TSS = S8 > Yui
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I love JJK's story choreography, minus the flashback arc.Jujutsu probably does have best battle choreography, though MHA's big arc climax battles are generally quite nice too and Black Clover has lots of cool showing off teamwork.
On the other hand Jujutsu might have the worst story choreography, the stuff happening is fun and interesting but I quite often start reading a chapter and wonder if I've skipped a week by mistake, and even within chapters some scene changes feel odd like they skipped stuff.
AGAIN?? is this after restocking? Holy shit
And to think the next reprint batch only goes out in 3 weeks. This boost seems almost endless.
yeah but the thing never align. You can' expect to have good schedule slots and good adaption at the same time all the time. Heck you add in this formula too, Good Schedule + Good Adaption + Fujo Power.Also it really shows the difference a really good anime episode can make. People say stuff like 'oh this show was adapted well and got a low boost' and 'this show got an amazing boost with a terrible adaptation' but this insane growth wouldn't have happened without the incredible Hinokami Kagura scene and the crazy reception it got. Sure the volumes were doing well already but not this well until ep 19 really catapulted it into the mainstream.
Much like MHA can attract such vitriol just by anyone praising it for anything nowadays I get brought up when I'm not even apart of the conversation. Man grow up and don't let another person's opinion rile you up so much to the point where you have to use "undefendable" unironically.Even if you like MHA due to characters or story, its choreography is literally undefendable. It's mario-hopping off walls and harder and harder punches. You and Chocobar must be very stalwart fans...