Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

NyanPower

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
360
Reaction score
773
Age
25
Country
Italy
@Nemesis
Another 120 chapters for Dr.Stone then? Fair enough. I haven’t been following Dr.Stone closely, but aren’t the sales stagnating? Therefore it won’t be able to survive in the magazine for another 3 years and it will risk a premature end
 

Reading Somethin'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
155
Age
28
Country
Honduras
Lurked for a while here both with and without an account for half of 2019 or so. Thought it would be a good time to start posting. Here are my predictions:
-One piece doesn't get first on oricon again
-20 Hxh chapters
-Jjk getting a huge boost to top three on oricon list and becomes the new super popular seasonal battle shonen in the west
-Kny slows down a bit and gets 4th on oricon
-Samurai 8 sales dwindle down and it eventually moves magazines
-Black Clover goes back to pre-anime sales, but anime will stay
-Jump Force 2 or new jump console game that isn't One piece, Naruto, or Dragon ball
-Mitama and Yozakura will survive this year
-actage anime announcement

Inagaki's three year goal is interesting. It might actually run that long because of how different it is compared to most series on jump along with the free space jump currently has.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
inb4 zipman axed
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@Nemesis
Another 120 chapters for Dr.Stone then? Fair enough. I haven’t been following Dr.Stone closely, but aren’t the sales stagnating? Therefore it won’t be able to survive in the magazine for another 3 years and it will risk a premature end
Shueisha is really pushing it so I think it'll do normally.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Also, best-selling Light Novels are also out and Kimetsu appeared in 10th for the ranking.

TitleAuthorEstimated SalesRank
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a SlimeWriter: Fuse/Illustration: Mitz Vah879,7341
Novel Weathering With YouMakoto Shinkai634,1512
Sword Art OnlineWriter: Reki Kawahara/Illustration: abec615,3633
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-Writer: Tappei Nagatsuki/Illustration: Shinichirou Otsuka550,2024
Seishun Buta Yarō Series (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai)Writer: Hajime Kamoshida/Illustration: Keeji Mizoguchi536,4945
Kusuriya no HitorigotoWriter: Hyūnganatsu /Illustration: Kashiwa Miyako461,0246
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?Writer: Fujino Ōmori/Illustration: Suzuhito Yasuda434,0347
The Irregular at Magic High SchoolWriter: Tsutomu Satou/Illustration: Kana Ishida429,2178
Classroom of the EliteWriter: Syohgo Kinugasa/Illustration: Shunsaku Tomose420,5739
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba NovelizationOriginal Story: Koyoharu Gotouge/Novel: Aya Yajima407,64010

It also appeared on unique volumes on the top 10 best-selling

TitleAuthorEstimated SalesRank
Novel Weathering With YouMakoto Shinkai511,1591
Sword Art Online 21 Unital Ring ⅠWriter: Reki Kawahara/Illustration: abec253,7392
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Shiawase no HanaOriginal Story: Koyoharu Gotouge/Novel: Aya Yajima210,9663
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Kataha no ChōOriginal Story: Koyoharu Gotouge/Novel: Aya Yajima196,6744
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 13Writer: Wataru Watari/Illustration: Ponkan8171,2035
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? 14Writer: Fujino Ōmori/Illustration: Suzuhito Yasuda157,4406
Detective Conan: The Fist of Blue SapphireWriter: Shima Mizuki/Original Story: Gosho Aoyama/Script: Kobun Shizuno147,2597
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? 15Writer: Fujino Ōmori/Illustration: Suzuhito Yasuda143,7698
Sword Art Online 22Writer: Reki Kawahara/Illustration: abec140,4059
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 14Writer: Fuse/Illustration: Mitz Vah135,23910


 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Hero Academia getting 2 consecutive color pages (already more than in 2019 run) makes me wonder what will be on break on issue 3.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
Btw, I don't think anyone posted about this but Inagaki talked about an interesting thing on the interview both for Dr. Stone and for Eyeshield 21.

Do you have an idea in mind of how long you'd like Dr. Stone to run?

Inagaki:
So as far as the end, I'm not sure and that's not necessarily about the story. We have a general idea of how the story will end itself but as we've gone along this journey, sometimes it's three steps forward, two steps back. I would be writing one storyline and I think it'll just be one storyline but it ends up taking ten, and then something I think is going to take five will only take one. It's a moving target and it's hard to tell.

One thing I can tell you is that in my head, I'm hoping three years and that's not to be greedy, but I definitely want to see it to the end. What I can definitely promise is that I would never stretch it out just for the sake of business. But I will definitely see it to the end.

I'm making a statement about making it longer than it needs to be due to business reasons because of my previous work, Eyeshield 21. Online, a lot of people were saying that maybe the editors had made it longer than necessary but in actuality that is exactly how I wanted to tell the story. There was also Murata-sensei's wish in there, too. That's why I wanted to double down on the guarantee that I would never overstay a story, so to speak.
It's not like there is any business reason to extend Dr. Stone :3c.
 

raikou

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Stone Ocean will most likely be announced in 2020. The trend is that a JJBA part gets announced a year after the final BD is released of the recently aired part (in this case, part 5). Part 5 was announced & aired in the same year so there is that possibility of Stone Ocean airing in 2020. I will be shocked if at the very least we dont get an announcement for Stone Ocean in 2020.

I also predict Stone Ocean will be announced in 2020. I cant wait :spaz
You and me both, can't wait for announcement.
(Deep in my heart I want PHF adaptation but that may be impossible)
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Finally without watermark
The illustration is nice but the cover itself is a bit messy, is like too much text everywhere. Anyway i'm curious to read :)
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Yuuna still doing the job done! Sad to see Yozakura and Mitama below it.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
Yuuna still doing the job done! Sad to see Yozakura and Mitama below it.
Yuuna has really become the 'below here you're in trouble' line. I don't know what are we gonna do when it ends.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Yuuna has really become the 'below here you're in trouble' line. I don't know what are we gonna do when it ends.
We'll use Black Clover instead.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Oh no what is this awful synopsis...
That is a Jump+ oneshot synopsis, not Agravity Boys synopsis. The Issue 2 preview just says that it's a sci-fi comedic manga with 54P first chapter if I understood the discussion until now.

Dang, TSS artist certainly didn't take even a moment of downtime. They must've been able to tell the ax was incoming and began working on some ideas of their own.
I am glad that he is already trying to return back to the magazine. No idea why Shueisha didn't let him go with his GFC winning thing.
 

wothab

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
267
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Looking forward to giving agravity boys a chance, Zipman too, I hope Zipman surprises me because so far, I am not liking the idea, but will genuinely give it a shot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top