Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,515
Reaction score
39,588
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The Promised Neverland has 21 million copies in circulation.
Important to note that this includes digital, all the reprints up to yesterday and it's the worldwide circulation.
 
Last edited:

Gilroygladbouy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
48
Reaction score
70
Age
31
Country
Canada
Haters will say Water Dragon Jutsu didn't exist. :derp
I’m not hating on Naruto. I’m just saying its kind of funny to think about how in the beginning the ninja seemed pretty realistic to what we expected but looking at the end, well, not exactly lol. I absolutely love Naruto but it’s pretty ridiculous to think about how we went from how to climb a tree to casually dropping meteors.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,718
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I think we are getting soon new MHA numbers with the new volume. Since Neverland has jumped to 21 million and MHA has been selling more than TPN this year, I'm expecting 28 million at least.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I wouldn't put CSM into exorcists category, and Yozakura not really under gags.

Also, the rest is not battle shonen, as we also have stuff like TPGW, Haikyu!! and Act Age among the "rest" besides WNL.
The question marks were for series where I'm not sure that they fit there. Also, yeah, I blanked when i wrote that, thank you for correcting me.
 

Gilroygladbouy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
48
Reaction score
70
Age
31
Country
Canada
I think we are getting soon new MHA numbers with the new volume. Since Neverland has jumped to 21 million and MHA has been selling more than TPN this year, I'm expecting 28 million at least.
Well, last time the numbers for My Hero were 26 million I believe? This year I think it’s numbers are around 3.3 million if I’m not mistaken so shouldn’t the numbers for My Hero be around 29.3 million?
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
The male protagonist looks just like a young Gid Deviluke
They kind of remind me of the pair from Twin Star Excorcist too (both the art and the description).



So, let's see. For exorcists, we got:
-Jujutsu Kaisen
-Chainsaw Man
(?)
-Miitama Security
-Bone Collection
-Ayakashi Triangle


And for gags, we got:
-Mission: Yozakura Family(?)
-Miitama Security
-Agravity Boys
-Moriking
-Mashle
(?)
-Moriking
And a few of the upcoming manga.

I heard that Jump's always had a few successful gag manga and Nakano's just trying to fulfill that quota, but... damn. That's up to half the roster with little overlap. Rest is battle shonen, and the one romcom in WNL.
Mitama, Agravity Boys and probably Bone Collection will be gone soon, so it's not like we'll keep this many (also you counted Moriking twice).

Then again, we're getting even more new gag manga in this batch. I guess they're planning to keep trying until they find something that works.

I’m not hating on Naruto. I’m just saying its kind of funny to think about how in the beginning the ninja seemed pretty realistic to what we expected but looking at the end, well, not exactly lol. I absolutely love Naruto but it’s pretty ridiculous to think about how we went from how to climb a tree to casually dropping meteors.
Remember when Goku was training to move a boulder? Good times.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
Remember when Luffy never had Haki and struggled to fight Logias? Good times.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Gilroygladbouy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
48
Reaction score
70
Age
31
Country
Canada
All these posts are making think about how janked the power levels in these battle shonens get, lol.
 

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Remember when Kimetsu was selling 100k per volume? Well I don't since I only started following manga sales late 2019 but still, good times.
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
The power scaling in One Piece is super tame compared to certain other series.
Which is true for now. The best we have are Yonkou like Whitebeard who can destroy entire islands or more if they want to.

Still balanced compared to universal Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Try to be careful with spoilers, guys.
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
My bad.

By the way, how do you do spoiler tags like those?
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
Not really. Again, all it takes is a handful of fans to bloat the polls numbers up.
If the series has a die hard fan like that crazy Nisekoi fan (I think, this was many years ago) who spent so much money voting for his favorite character in a poll which WSJ had to publicly acknowledge, then it can completely make something seem relevant when it isn't. Online voting is the easiest to get by especially for such unregulated polls.

Fans do a lot more for a lot less
Yep, Black Clover is now ranked No.1 due to its insecure western fanbase lol
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States

Lil meen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
502
Reaction score
754
Age
23
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top